• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diez (10) Noches Calientes en la Riviera Mexicana/17 de abril 2011 (4.17.11 Wonder!)

Well, I'm finally back to the grind. I am ill now, it started in northern Cali on our last night/drive home so it could just be massive allergies that put my body into shock. I surprisingly had no allergies in Mexico, and the usual scratch my eyes out allergies in S.cal that I grew up with.

We went to Magic Mountain the day we disembarked. We were too antsy to just sit still! Roller coasters hit the spot. Jazmin rode everything she could, even X2! WOW. She is like her mommy.

Got my $380 Costco gift card in the mail for booking through Costco travel, yeah!

We had a great cruise for sure. Loved the food and the characters were so charming and they never rushed us for anything. Shows were super good on a few nights...Paul that singing one was dreadful..kids left ASAP. I was nearly Disney-ed out by day 3 I have to say. I still had a great time, but I missed the dance classes we got on other lines and even the trivia was Disney infused. Good for fanatics, but we are merely fans so Royal Caribbean International (RCI) remains our fave line. If ever there was a steal of a deal on DCL I wouldn't pass it up, but that is highly unlikely with their high prices. Kids club lacked individual attention, my kids got bored which was a shocker. The kids club said that they don't gather kids for anything, they only announce on a loud speaker and then will bring them to the other side upon request. Well, my kids don't work like that, so they got bored. Luckily they spent most mornings there so we could hit the spa and stayed there for Palo and during our kayak/snorkeling in PV. Yay. Characters were so much fun to see wandering the halls. Took pressure off of me when we hit DLand on 4/29!

I miss running into people on the ship, too. I FINALLY danced on the last night,which was SO GREAT. Passed out every other night earlier than I planned, but my kiddos didn't spare us with late wake-up on any a.m. :mad:

QUARANTINE: Jaz did get stomach flu pretty bad on Easter, after puking 5 times I called the number on the bathroom mirror that mentioned vomiting, etc. They asked us to come down, I confirmed it was a free visit, and walked Jaz with ice/vomit bucket in-hand. The gave her a suppository for vomiting. No fever (she got hot later, but not bad), and quarantined her for 24 hours, which put her in the room until 6:20pm the next day,HER 7th BIRTHDAY. I nearly cried. No Cabo trip on her bday, I just went with her lil sis and left her and dad in room. They delivered free DVD and movies, on her bday delivered a free shirt and Mickey plush and signed bday card. That's about it. Oh, they comped PowerAid from room service. So sad. We made it, though. At character bfast on 4/26 the girl at the next table left puking into her napkin. Wow, stomach flu!

Server Shane and Asst Server Niks were okay. Kept bringing french fries when we specifically asked for none, only veggies and meal. Got tired of correcting them. Only water on table when we arrived, waiting for drinks awhile each night even though we always had the same thing. Nice guys, though. Shane pressured us to vote on his review card, "mark excellent, not just very good." Well, sad to say that didn't happen. Not with constant mistakes and forgotten food. Also not communicating between servers, and hats/bandanas were upon request. Again, great food, and nice servers, but not to the level I had on all 5 of my RCI cruises. Princess and Carnival compare to this service. Princess worse for us, actually, they ignored us a lot,I had to wave my hands to get attention. Food much better than those two, comparable to RCI. Palo DELICIOUS, Tony was a GREAT server. Loved that place, man!

FE Gifts, OMG guys. U did great! I didn't label mine with a "from" so what I gave out was in party bags, Viva Mexico personalized pencils and candy and some kiddie duck pirates and stress balls and pirate booty bags, etc. Last night I dunked glow bracelets and candy into any FE I passed by. Oh, and some bottlecap necklaces.

THANK YOU for the wonderful gifts! I can't wait to hang my Xmas ornament on my tree, and we are still rationing the FE gifts to the kids. My Secret Mickey Rocked...whoever they were. Wine that I LOVED at dinner, special Easter Eeyore, etc. SO NICE.:yay: I wish real life was as good as this group of people on a cruise ship.

hi kel!
just poping out to say that i was your secret mickey,glad you like your presents,i´m at work too,but already missing the wonder.:mad:

I was supposed to deliver FE gifts on the 26th. My 7 year old was not feeling well. We started the delivery in the a.m. and each time I would look back, DD was either sitting on the floor or leaning against the wall. She was miserable. (Don't worry, what she had was NOT contagious!) We got about half of the gifts delivered. I kept trying, and felt so bad, as we LOVED the gifts we had received, and I felt it really important that my girls do the giving as well as the taking. Another DISer offered to help, but I didn't want to take her from her family on the last night. So, I APOLOGIZE! If anyone noticed that they were "short" one gift, let me know and I'd be happy to send you (or your kids) a "make-up".
Our Server is from Jamaica and he has two little girls. He is working to save $$ for their college. I gave him the extra FE gifts; some POC books, Disney playing cards, Disney Pez candies, etc. He seemed very appreciative (I asked before I brought him the stuff), and said he has lots of neices and nephews at home as well.
So, I apologize, but that's what happened!
~Jennifer

No one said they had a bad time. Remember everyone has different dinning staff and stateroom attendants. Some are excellent, and some are just okay. It is hard when you have sailed a few times before and had excellent staff and then come and have just okay staff. You cannot help but compare. So glad you booked for next year, DCL is addicting. If you loved your dining staff, you can request them next time you sail.

I agree, I had a FABULOUS time and would totally do it over even with the same servers. It was just that after 2 other cruises w/DCL I had an expectation, set by my former servers. Maybe it was them being helpful to us or maybe this cruise the servers were new, not sure but my expectation set forth by previous experiences wasn't met. I did have a great time regardless and we laughed and were kind to our servers, as they were to us. In fact, I wanna go back now....waaahaaaa......

Kel, I have the same thoughts. I really had a great time on DCL, but for the price, service and food I will stick with RCL. I will definetely keep an eye out for another DCL deal though. :thumbsup2

Hope to cross paths with everyone again. It was a blast getting to know the one I did and wish I had more time to get to know everyone else.

Penny, let us know when you get back. I bet Lucky is still flyin' high from the race. Tell him it's about time to come back to Earth cuz the holiday is almost over. :sad1:

Color me oblivious. I had no idea there was so much sickness on our cruise. DD has been a bit under the weather, but we took her straight to science camp after they booted us off the ship Wednesday, so I assumed she picked it up there. But maybe she started getting sick onboard then went on to share with the whole 6th grade. Hmm

I'm sorry so many of you had a less than stellar service. That can be such a big part of the overall experience. But with so many new CM's, I'm not really surprised. We were lucky because our serving team was fabulous. In fact I'm thinking I should write DCL and let them know, especially since I found my survey card when I was unpacking... oops, guess I somehow missed the drop box that last morning. :guilty:

I got an e-mail with our onboard booking details today. We had just requested a dummy date. They sure know how to hook you though. They put us in the same cabins we had on our first ever cruise, and we loved that location. Unfortunatley I don't think there's any way we can keep the date they booked us for, so I'm sure it will eventually be moved.

We owe money for lanyards too, so if someone could PM payment details that would be great.

Unfortunately I missed meeting a lot of Dis-ers, but I loved seeing the folks I did meet around the ship. I also want to add another thank you for all the great FE gifts. What a fun group we had!

Lisa and Kaylee thanks for the dancing, Kristi, thanks for hooking me up with that team. I also danced with a bunch of other fun people until nearly 2am! WOOT WOOT>

Botacas! The best secret Mickey EVER! I know we ran into each other in an elevator I think. Really,very special gifts and so thoughtful. xo

If anyone drives up I-5 past California and needs a break, we live 1/2 hour north of Cali boarder off of I-5. About 6 hours north of Sacramento. I'm on Facebook; Kel Fox. We could be your rest stop chat!

Lisa and Kaylee thanks for the dancing, Kristi, thanks for hooking me up with that team. I also danced with a bunch of other fun people until nearly 2am! WOOT WOOT>

Botacas! The best secret Mickey EVER! I know we ran into each other in an elevator I think. Really,very special gifts and so thoughtful. xo

If anyone drives up I-5 past California and needs a break, we live 1/2 hour north of Cali boarder off of I-5. About 6 hours north of Sacramento. I'm on Facebook; Kel Fox. We could be your rest stop chat!

Just might see you guys one day. We have friends in Medford that we met in 08 on a cruise. They have twin girls that JoJo still talks about. :thumbsup2

Sue, I sent you a FB friend request so we can KIT. The girls you met, are they Jaz or Syds age (yr, 7yr?) I wonder if Jaz may know them through school. Small world.

Sue, I sent you a FB friend request so we can KIT. The girls you met, are they Jaz or Syds age (yr, 7yr?) I wonder if Jaz may know them through school. Small world.

Isabella and Madeline, but they would turning 8 this month. That would have been a very small world.

RivieraMexicana047.jpg

RivieraMexicana039.jpg

RivieraMexicana037.jpg

RivieraMexicana027.jpg

RivieraMexicana018.jpg

RivieraMexicana015.jpg

RivieraMexicana011.jpg

Penny, let us know when you get back. I bet Lucky is still flyin' high from the race. Tell him it's about time to come back to Earth cuz the holiday is almost over. :sad1:

Sandy - back to earth with a thud! I'm at work today, kids back at school and the trip is now a great memory... thanks to all the unpacking and laundry etc.

Its getting chilly here now, Autumn has well and truly kicked in while we were away, bit of a shock for us having spent 10 in Austin Tx just before coming home, the weather was spectacular.

Loved meeting everyone - we all had a great time.

Yes thank you everyone for FE the kids loved coming back to all the treats DD met another little girl named Charlotte from Australia I think. She sure misses her she said she got a FE so I think they must be on the boards here so if Charlotte's mommy is here Cassidy misses her and says hi.
Rae

Hi Rae

Charlotte really looked for Cassidy every day - I think she was the reason the Lab was fun! Charlotte says hi back :thumbsup2

Really missing all the great friends we've met here and on the ship. Hope all the ladies had a wonderful Mother's Day. :hug:

Kel - Kaylee and I enjoyed dancing with you in WaveBands that night!! :cool1:

It was a blast! Great to finally meet you....even if it was the last night! Will look u up on FB, we are in oregon quite a bit...and like I mentioned our closest friends parents live in Medford so we get there a bit visiting them.

Didn't get sick on the cruise....but came home and got around my sickly niece and nephew and both DH and I got sick :( Off to San Diego this weekend for a CCSVI/MS seminar....hoping I feel better

Hope everyone is well! I know this thread is pretty much dormant now (and the cruise filed in the "great memories" section), but wanted to throw this out there...

We're going to Disneyland on Saturday, June 11th. If anyone else happens to be going, please let us know and maybe we can do a quick "meetup". Probably going again in early August as well (TBD).

Looking forward to our cruise next April 1st!

pirate:

Hope everyone is well! I know this thread is pretty much dormant now (and the cruise filed in the "great memories" section), but wanted to throw this out there...

We're going to Disneyland on Saturday, June 11th. If anyone else happens to be going, please let us know and maybe we can do a quick "meetup". Probably going again in early August as well (TBD).

Looking forward to our cruise next April 1st!

pirate:
Paul, we'll be there that day too. :wave: DH is heading out to Afghanistan next week (prayers please :grouphug: ) so it will be just DD and I, for her birthday party at Build-A-Bear. Send me a PM with contact info. We are on our way out there now to preview Star Tours. :darth::yoda::chewy:
3 1/2 weeks left of school, can't get here quick enough!

Paul, we'll be there that day too. :wave: DH is heading out to Afghanistan next week (prayers please :grouphug: ) so it will be just DD and I, for her birthday party at Build-A-Bear. Send me a PM with contact info. We are on our way out there now to preview Star Tours. :darth::yoda::chewy:
3 1/2 weeks left of school, can't get here quick enough!

Wish that we could meet you all there. Prayers to your DH and Happy Birthday to your DD. If you ever get to Yosmite let us know we are on the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter