• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diez (10) Noches Calientes en la Riviera Mexicana/17 de abril 2011 (4.17.11 Wonder!)

As I start with all of my packing...Do I need to pack a hair blower or do they have them on the ship?

I agree to whoever said that getting ready has become more expensive than the trip.

I can't wait for cruise day!!!!

yes, but they are not that good. I suggest if you have the space/weight you take your own. I also suggest that everyone take a power block. There is an outlet behind the TV but it is unreachable easily. I use the power block to extend that outlet into many!

Cayla

yes, but they are not that good. I suggest if you have the space/weight you take your own. I also suggest that everyone take a power block. There is an outlet behind the TV but it is unreachable easily. I use the power block to extend that outlet into many!

Cayla

So do we know if DCL has 3-pronged outlets vs just 2 pronged?

they did make a point that if this new person on fb wanted a bracelet that was missing right away on a cruise on 3*13 then why did they wait until this cruise to ask. seems like someone on our cruise knows them and somethings is going on. i just agreed to not let our lists or its users known or its people on it. seems reasonable to me.

First of all, I am not a 'new' person, I have been on Dis for more than 5 years, have more than 4000 posts...the reason I posted on this cruise was because by the time I would have posted on the cruise that left today, most would have already traveled to the cruise and not received my request...I posted here b/c another Dis'er told me it would be a good idea. (see my original thread on the main Dis Cruise forum)

What I do not appreciate is your attempts to keep anyone from helping my daughter. I find it concerning that this is your first post. I so greatly appreciate any family who is willing to help my 11 year old daughter replace her special token bracelet...there are many special meanings to that bracelet that are personal and I do not want to go into here...but I would not have asked families to look unless the sentimental value was great.

Thanks again to those families who see this as what it is, a special request for a special daughter.

Tara

First of all, I am not a 'new' person, I have been on Dis for more than 5 years, have more than 4000 posts...the reason I posted on this cruise was because by the time I would have posted on the cruise that left today, most would have already traveled to the cruise and not received my request...I posted here b/c another Dis'er told me it would be a good idea. (see my original thread on the main Dis Cruise forum)

What I do not appreciate is your attempts to keep anyone from helping my daughter. I find it concerning that this is your first post. I so greatly appreciate any family who is willing to help my 11 year old daughter replace her special token bracelet...there are many special meanings to that bracelet that are personal and I do not want to go into here...but I would not have asked families to look unless the sentimental value was great.

Thanks again to those families who see this as what it is, a special request for a special daughter.

Tara

I'm sorry you encountered this Tara. For some reason we had some trolls visit us here and our FB site and cause problems with our happy group. I have just chalked it up to someone stirring the pot.

I am always willing and happy to help others. I know myself and a few others are happy to look for the bracelet for your daughter. It is really cute, if I find it and you get too many--we could just keep it. I too have lost sentimental items, I wish message boards were around or someway I could have gotten replacements.

Thanks for all of the good information you have contributed to the boards. Don't worry, I know someone will find that bracelet. :grouphug:

Woo Hoo! The kids got their phone call from Mickey last night and were SUPER excited! :banana: I've made a big dent in the packing; got all our door magnets printed & cut out and FE's packed and ready to go! :cool1: I KNOW already that i'm SEVERLY over packing, but as first timers, i guess that's to be expected, right?!?! Everyone keeps telling me that after our first cruise, i'll know more about what we REALLY need for the next one. In the meantime, DH is just about having a coronary with all the things i'm packing! He'll be the thankful one though when i have what he needs, right?! :thumbsup2 I have a feeling there will be very little sleep between now and Thursday morning when we head to LAX (doing a couple days at DL before the cruise!). Can't wait to meet you guys!! :yay:

I am happy to say that we are 90% packed...just have those minor things (like the toothbrushes and such that can't be packed yet) left to go! And, it looks like 1 carry on suitcase for each with a garment bag for some of the extras:cool1:

So....my question for today....what is that one thing you bring that is not an obvious one??? The ones I have learned from the board before: over the door shoe holders, collapsable hampers and power strip, those would be the 3 that really made a difference in my cruising comfort. Anyone else have any good..never would have thought of that ideas????

3 days of work left....and only 5 days until I can spill the beans to my kiddos:banana:

Suction cups. Like to use them on the glass to hang stuff. magnets for the door and......MONEY!

Suction cups. Like to use them on the glass to hang stuff. magnets for the door and......MONEY!

Got my magnets, think I have enough of the green stuff (if that is possible:rotfl2:)...but I like the idea of suction cups....thinking it might get some of that stuff off the counters in the bathrooms. Thanks!

I am such a mean mom, I told DS that Disney is going to a more health conscious plan and has banned all sugar from the ship, So there is no ice cream or soda, and only sugar free desserts, It started out as an April fools joke but he has been so funny.:rotfl:

Can some one post the link to the website for this cruise? I never seem to be able to find it. Thanks!

Has anyone requested a specific dining rotation (APT..., PTA..., TAP...)? I called DCL today and they said my TA could request one if we wanted, although we wouldn't find out for sure until onboard. We (along with MBoys and MiniCoops) are main/early seating , and not real particular regarding which rotation (but I know some are, so they can work around ports, Palo, etc.). Anyway, I just thought it might be fun (or it could be pandemonium :dance3:) if some of us with kids in the same age range were in the same rotation. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on this, either way, please share.

Thanks! pirate:

I haven't requested one (dining rotation) or another. Wouldn't really know how to choose! Am nervous about dining with "strangers"...even though it's always worked out before! So, if all go for a certain rotation, I'd like to join in!

~Jennifer, Mom to DD-7 and DD-5 who probably won't be too interested in sitting in a dining room for too long!!!

I am happy to say that we are 90% packed...just have those minor things (like the toothbrushes and such that can't be packed yet) left to go! And, it looks like 1 carry on suitcase for each with a garment bag for some of the extras:cool1:

So....my question for today....what is that one thing you bring that is not an obvious one??? The ones I have learned from the board before: over the door shoe holders, collapsable hampers and power strip, those would be the 3 that really made a difference in my cruising comfort. Anyone else have any good..never would have thought of that ideas????

3 days of work left....and only 5 days until I can spill the beans to my kiddos:banana:

It's certainly not "never would have thought of that", however you might consider some wine and/or other adult beverages! That way if you do forget something, you can have a drink and "make it all better". :drinking1

But seriously, one thing we don't go without is some type of sealable water container for each person for shore trips/excursions. We fill them with ice water up on the pool deck before we head out and throw them in a backpack to take with us. They're also great for taking to the shows, to wash down that salty popcorn. popcorn:: And, they don't spill! An assortment of Ziploc bags always come in handy as well.

passports, ship papers, RX, vitamins, binoculars, sunscreen, mugs for soda/drinks :rolleyes1

Yes, other message boards do participate in FE's also. I found that out last cruise. Mouseplanet has an FE exchange too. So not all of the FE's you see will be from us. But I am sure anyone would be happy with extra gifts.

Everyone in the FE--please look at the FE link right before you leave, and print out then. I had another change come in yesterday for NordyGirl. I will change those cabin numbers to red font so you can easily see the changes.

Hoping to finish up packaging up my FE's today. Right now they are spread out all over the dining room table. Grabbed my photo mat yesterday from Michaels.

Ok, I'm a dork I can't find the link??

OH MY GOSH, I almost forgot passports!:scared1:

Gotcha back! :thumbsup2

Hey if anyone needs those glow-in-the-dark bracelets for the kids to sleep, I have quite a few. JoJo also has my pen flashlight we will attach to the railing with a climbing clip too. Insides are very dark even with a nightlight.

I am also bringing some blank CD's in case we can get a few of us on one package at the Dolphin Swim. Don't forget we CAN NOT wear any sunscreen in with the dolphins, at all, or regular sunscreen if you go snorkeling/diving. We just wear a t-shirt/rash guard to keep from burning. OH YEAH...2 weeks from today is our dolphin swim!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter