• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diez (10) Noches Calientes en la Riviera Mexicana/17 de abril 2011 (4.17.11 Wonder!)

Hey Kristi. That is enough for us. :goodvibes We have now switched rooms yet again. Please change our room number on the FE list to room 5512 :dance3:
Enjoy! We had that room (or 5520) on our last cruise (I think....is it a window room?) and loved being close to the clubs.

VIRDIS DOES THE SAGA CONTINUES?:laughing: I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY YOUR ROOM LOCATION:thumbsup2

Yes....but hopefully the saga ends. Starting to feel like Captain Ahab in Moby Dick....searching for the that one room

Enjoy! We had that room (or 5520) on our last cruise (I think....is it a window room?) and loved being close to the clubs.

Thanks Michelle. It looks like we have a few disboard neighbors now. That is definitely a positive

Be sure to change it for the Secret Mickeys too :)

Oh yes....please update the Secret Mickeys. I forgot Ann is signed up for that

I know I saw it somewhere, but now I don't remember where. Does anyone know what the rates are for internet usage while on the ship? I was really hoping to leave my computer at home, but my boss "requested" that I take it with "just in case". I really hate my job sometimes, but at the same time I am really thankful that I have a job to complain about! :headache:

Susie....thanks for the neighborly love. Goodneighbors are hard to find!!! (And you can't change your mind after you meet my kids!!!)

Deck 5 is gonna rock....with lots of little feet running TO the kids clubs!!!

Virdis... Now that you've surpassed your maximun changes, you can start to research for those of us who haven't a clue how to check cabin availability!!

Any one in Cat 6A? If so, there is a room that you may REALLY like.... (It was still available last week. I don't want to pay for the upgrade, and am going to remain thankful for my free upgrade, but we happened upon this room a few years ago and it was Wonderful!))

~Jennifer

So we first booked cruise for an 11B with the KFO. Then we decided to bring along another teen with us so we Changed to a 9C. Friday I seen 9A GTY on the DCL website so called TA and got it for an extra $280. :worship:Low and behold checked DCL website and we were upgraded to a 5B.:banana::banana::banana:
Can you change us on the room list to 7100!!!!!

Congrats Tammie. FE participants, take note of this change. I am changing the cabin number on the spreadsheet.

We're still booked for the pool excursion in Manzanillo. I keep thinking about changing to the beach, but then, I don't. Now I'm thinking about signing up for the city tours, just to get off the ship for a few hours. My girls DON'T want to do the tours, but they are cheap (the tours, not the girls)enough that if they choose not to, it wouldn't be a great financial loss. Always used to be a brave solo tourist, but with all the things happening these days in Mexico, I'm leery, as it's just me, my 7 yo and my 5 yo this time! If I get nabbed in Mexico, will Mickey and Minnie hang with my girls for the rest of the cruise? Any volunteers to take over my verandah? Okay, now that I've said it, it won't happen, right!?!?!?!?

Jennifer, I was thinking the exact same thing about when we leave our 2 year old on the ship in PV. I pray to God nothing happens to us. I do have some friends onboard who said they would step up and take him.

Hey Kristi. That is enough for us. :goodvibes We have now switched rooms yet again. Please change our room number on the FE list to room 5512 :dance3:

Awesome Virdis!! FE participants, take note of this change. I am changing the cabin number on the spreadsheet.

Thank you everyone for your input on arriving at port. And an extra thanks to Lisa for the main board question. :thumbsup2

We had 2 days of 90-ish degrees last week, then a cloudy weekend, then close to 80 today and rain forecast at the end of the week. We can't pack yet, because we never know what we will need to wear tomorrow.:cool2:

I KNOW!! :confused3

Movies on-board. I just called and it's pretty much the same as who posted a while back......but....African Cats will PremiEAR on the 22nd. If I remember right that will make one of the children very happy. :goodvibes

Any one in Cat 6A? If so, there is a room that you may REALLY like.... (It was still available last week. I don't want to pay for the upgrade, and am going to remain thankful for my free upgrade, but we happened upon this room a few years ago and it was Wonderful!))

~Jennifer
We paid to upgrade to a 5b a few weeks ago. We originally upgraded to a 6A but it was at the front of the ship on deck 5. Wouldn't mind downgrading and save a few bucks.;)

Thank you everyone for your input on arriving at port. And an extra thanks to Lisa for the main board question. :thumbsup2

I KNOW!! :confused3

Movies on-board. I just called and it's pretty much the same as who posted a while back......but....African Cats will PremiEAR on the 22nd. If I remember right that will make one of the children very happy. :goodvibes
My little girls will be SO THRILLED that African Cats will be playing! Thanks for calling.:thumbsup2

I didn't really want to post this on the main boards, thought I would post here first.
Has anyone had to receive any kind of medical care onboard? Asking because I have asthma and at the time it is pretty bad and I am kind of scared if I feel like this when it is time to cruise. I don't know if they have nebulizer treatments onboard and the though of being on a ship and feeling like this is kind of scary. Worried if I call DCL and ask that they may make a big deal out of it.
Just wondering if anyone has had medical care onboard and if they felt comfortable with it.
Thanks

Hey Kristi- did you look at that excursion in Cabo? What did you think?

Michelle, I have been going back and forth. I think we are going to skip an excursion in Cabo and just do the beach on our own. Money is pretty tight, so we need to no do something expensive in every port.

Yay!! That will make my daughter very happy. Isabelle loves cheetahs, her and her brothers play cheetah all the time. I showed her the trailer online and she cannot wait for the movie.

I didn't really want to post this on the main boards, thought I would post here first.
Has anyone had to receive any kind of medical care onboard? Asking because I have asthma and at the time it is pretty bad and I am kind of scared if I feel like this when it is time to cruise. I don't know if they have nebulizer treatments onboard and the though of being on a ship and feeling like this is kind of scary. Worried if I call DCL and ask that they may make a big deal out of it.
Just wondering if anyone has had medical care onboard and if they felt comfortable with it.
Thanks

Michelle, I have never been to the medical office onboard. However, I believe it is like a regular Dr's office and then some. They need to be prepared for any emergency at sea. Think of the transatlantic cruises that have 6 straight sea days. I bet they do nebulizer treatments onboard, as that is pretty common.

All ships also have morgues onboard. I believe on almost all cruises, someone passes away. Maybe not so much Disney because it has a younger passenger base. Some other cruise lines who have a lot of elderly passengers, they see more people dying of natural causes. A friend of mine had a friend die at sea, and the body had to stay with the ship for 2 weeks until it came back to the states.

Thank you everyone for your input on arriving at port. And an extra thanks to Lisa for the main board question.
Sorry if this question has already been answered, I may have missed it. Can DH drop me off to check us in, with docs and passports, or do I need to have everybody there, with all the luggage?
Thanks, oh wise cruise vets. :worship:

Oooh, I was so excited to see Hawaii, I was making plans the whole time I was driving to get my taxes done. And gosh-dern-it, she crushed my dreams. Uncle Sam is taking my vacation budget for the next 2 years.:sad:
Oops, make that 3 years. Didn't figure in both Federal and State.

Sorry if this question has already been answered, I may have missed it. Can DH drop me off to check us in, with docs and passports, or do I need to have everybody there, with all the luggage?
Thanks, oh wise cruise vets. :worship:

Oooh, I was so excited to see Hawaii, I was making plans the whole time I was driving to get my taxes done. And gosh-dern-it, she crushed my dreams. Uncle Sam is taking my vacation budget for the next 2 years.:sad:

Feel your pain on taxes...just wrote $6K in checks between fed, state and prop taxes. I feel sick about it.

As for the drop off question. I asked on the main boards and apparently you must all check in together in San Pedro. So there went our grand plans for drop off. Darn!!! And nope, still don't have a new plan lol!:laughing:

Helen - Ann Marie is not on my half of the SM list. Can you email her SM to make sure she/he knows that there is a room change?

i´m a litte sad,no europe last year.now i have to convice dh to book a back to back from new york(8 bahamian sailing,plus 5 nigth canadian sailing)the ones in june fit great in dh birthday and our aniversary.do you think the prices will go up crazy the next few days,we will real like to book onboard.
Me too. I was so looking for an Eastern Med or Baltic cruise in 2012. Those cruises are easy to convince DH to take. Now the only ones he's remotely interested in is Alaska and Canada but both would be cold in early summer and we can't take time off after early July.

Thanks
Well, it's not the same as asthma but we had to take DD to the medical center on one of the cruises. It appeared to be well equipped but she was there because she had an ear infection before the cruise, was on antibotics, and the infection got worse because she went snorkeling.

Thanks

Not been in the MC either, but I'm very positive they would have everything, including the neb & inhalers. Just read a thread on the main board recently that said their price were very reasonable. If you don't have travel ins make sure your reg ins with cover. If it's that bad get your dr to rx a neb. They have very small portable ones. Just saw them in med supply catalog last week. I will have 2 diff steroid inhalers and 1 rescue inhalers if you need.

Yay!! That will make my daughter very happy. Isabelle loves cheetahs, her and her brothers play cheetah all the time. I showed her the trailer online and she cannot wait for the movie.

All ships also have morgues onboard. I believe on almost all cruises, someone passes away. Maybe not so much Disney because it has a younger passenger base. Some other cruise lines who have a lot of elderly passengers, they see more people dying of natural causes. A friend of mine had a friend die at sea, and the body had to stay with the ship for 2 weeks until it came back to the states.

:banana: AWESOME!! I wasn't sure but I thought it was you that posted. She can have a special birthday premiEAR. :goodvibes

Ships also have a brig for the occasional bad boy or girl too. :rolleyes1

Helen - Ann Marie is not on my half of the SM list. Can you email her SM to make sure she/he knows that there is a room change?

Me too. I was so looking for an Eastern Med or Baltic cruise in 2012. Those cruises are easy to convince DH to take. Now the only ones he's remotely interested in is Alaska and Canada but both would be cold in early summer and we can't take time off after early July.

Ok, I will give Ann Marie's SM the heads up about the room change.

I too was disapointed about the lack of European schedules. Will need to look to see what are the possibilites for next year.

Michelle, I have been going back and forth. I think we are going to skip an excursion in Cabo and just do the beach on our own. Money is pretty tight, so we need to no do something expensive in every port.
Boo, but I do understand.;)

Michelle, I have never been to the medical office onboard. However, I believe it is like a regular Dr's office and then some. They need to be prepared for any emergency at sea. Think of the transatlantic cruises that have 6 straight sea days. I bet they do nebulizer treatments onboard, as that is pretty common.

Thanks for the info. I was just at the clinic 2 nights ago for bronchitis/asthma and I should have asked my dr more specifics. Funny though, I told him I was going on a cruise and he said he was a ship dr on Holland American. He was 47 at the time and by far the youngest on the ship (other than the workers). I didn't even think about someone passing away onboard...how sad.

You crack me up!:rotfl2:

Well, it's not the same as asthma but we had to take DD to the medical center on one of the cruises. It appeared to be well equipped but she was there because she had an ear infection before the cruise, was on antibotics, and the infection got worse because she went snorkeling.
Thanks.:thumbsup2

Not been in the MC either, but I'm very positive they would have everything, including the neb & inhalers. Just read a thread on the main board recently that said their price were very reasonable. If you don't have travel ins make sure your reg ins with cover. If it's that bad get your dr to rx a neb. They have very small portable ones. Just saw them in med supply catalog last week. I will have 2 diff steroid inhalers and 1 rescue inhalers if you need.
Thanks Sandy. Geez, I didn't even think to get a script for a nebulizer, I will call today. Hopefully the air will be great on the ship and I won't have any breathing problems, asthma sucks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter