• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diez (10) Noches Calientes en la Riviera Mexicana/17 de abril 2011 (4.17.11 Wonder!)

I believe we had a few people who found the FB site and then found us here and joined. I believe that is how we got Virdis:thumbsup2

Yep...the FB site when I searched for the cruise on Google. Did not know anything about disboard until someone suggested I come over.

So we first booked cruise for an 11B with the KFO. Then we decided to bring along another teen with us so we Changed to a 9C. Friday I seen 9A GTY on the DCL website so called TA and got it for an extra $280. :worship:Low and behold checked DCL website and we were upgraded to a 5B.:banana::banana::banana:
Can you change us on the room list to 7100!!!!!

Interesting.....this one actually makes sense. Congrats on the upgrade:thumbsup2

UGH. I hate you. I checked today and I'm still in the dungeon. :mad:

Too funny Susan. Trust me, deck 2 will not be bad. You guys will be fine. I don't know if I would call it the dungeon.

I too got teary eyed. Your video reminded me of when Virdis popped the question to me. Like Gino, he to was a bit nervous just before he got on bended knee. I only wish I had a video tape of the event.

Thank God there was no video. I was sweating and nervous the whole day. Wasn't easy finding a secluded place on the beach in Lake Tahoe. Then I forgot the lines I was going to say to propose with all the pressure. I am very thankful Ann-Marie said yes. :love:

Someone posted this link on the main board about cell phone service with AT&T on the ship.

http://www.wireless.att.com/travelg...roduct1rate=$2.49&product2rate=$2.49&x=56&y=8

We just happened to switched to AT&T Wireless last week. With the costs to make a call, I think I will definitely turn my cell and data portion of my phone off and just use the phone for games, camera, and recording video. Anyway, good to know if you happen to be with AT&T.

I am curious, what do your friends say about your online friends? When I tell my "real life" friends about my message boards, FE's, and meeting you guys, they think I am crazy. I laugh and tell them I have a lot of cyber friends. I have always been big into message boards. In 1996 I started on AOL and was a member of some chat rooms. I met some of those friends at restaurants in Los Angeles and New York. I have always enjoyed meeting new friends online. I miss the old days of chat rooms when you could talk in real time.

I've been on the DIS since 2004. My friends don't understand it at all but I also think they're missing out. We met Kaylee and her family through the DIS (plus many other people while planning for our PC cruise) and they will be our lifelong friends, so I obviously don't care what anyone says, lol! Everyone wonders how I have the best vacations and know all the things to do...well, it's thanks to the DIS and my "online friends".

We have a great friend who lives in FL. We went on the PC cruise she visited us at the Hyatt MCO where we stayed the night before sailing. We went to dinner at the Hyatt and then Starbucks after. Between those two place about a dozen people stopped by to say "hello". After a while she turned to us and said "HOW DO YOU KNOW SO MANY PEOPLE HERE ALREADY?!?!?" She was floored. We told her about the DIS and about the several DIS meets we went to in the almost 2 years of planning for the cruise. It was really cool that our kids had built in friends before even stepping on the ship and how we had a bunch of activies planned with about 50 people! This cruise we're going to take it easy...we felt a little over booked with DIS activies on the PC cruise but it still was a ton of fun and I'll treasure what the DIS has brought to my life forever! :grouphug: :love:

With all our experienced DCL cruisers. Can anyone explain the process of being dropped off at the port by husband with the luggage and they drive the car back to take the shuttle. When he drops you off, do you need to have his driver's lic or do you have to wait for him to arrive to check in? Or will getting dropped off at 10:30 put us in a long line where it won't matter?

My understanding is he'll need his "papers" but only one person needs to check everyone in so you don't need his license, etc. I remember DH staying with the kids no where near check in and I'm sure I didn't have his license. I think he needs to show his license to get into the terminal. Obviously they have to do a credential check at some point, but I don't remember where. I know it wasn't when I went to check in so it must be to get into the terminal. Any one else have better info? :confused3

Someone posted this link on the main board about cell phone service with AT&T on the ship.

http://www.wireless.att.com/travelg...roduct1rate=$2.49&product2rate=$2.49&x=56&y=8

We just happened to switched to AT&T Wireless last week. With the costs to make a call, I think I will definitely turn my cell and data portion of my phone off and just use the phone for games, camera, and recording video. Anyway, good to know if you happen to be with AT&T.

Thanks for posting this Virdis! We're with ATT also. I was thinking about adding MX to our plan just for the times while we're in port and of course dropping it after we arrive home. I wonder how much that will cost. I'll post what I find out when I call ATT.

it costs about 5.00 per minute....not cheap - but for an emergency it works just fine. i can go look at my bills from last june to confirm if anyone absolutely has to know the rate.

My understanding is he'll need his "papers" but only one person needs to check everyone in so you don't need his license, etc. I remember DH staying with the kids no where near check in and I'm sure I didn't have his license. I think he needs to show his license to get into the terminal. Obviously they have to do a credential check at some point, but I don't remember where. I know it wasn't when I went to check in so it must be to get into the terminal. Any one else have better info? :confused3
The person checking him in will need all the paperwork - he will need his driver's license and another form of ID to get into the port area only. (unless calif is completely different than florida!)

We are booked on Sunday for the Pool Resort Getaway too but are also thinking of changing to a non DCL excursion as well... I am driving my poor husband crazy with all my changes!
What kind of excursion are you thinking? I have to watch the minimum age since my little guy is only 3. This is what I was maybe thinking of switching to. http://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Medano-Beach-Club.htm
Susan is using them also and in reading their site they say that they haven't left a cruise passenger behind yet (always a first time):rotfl:Although, if we are left behind on Sunday at least the ship will be back Monday morning.:rotfl2:

The person checking him in will need all the paperwork - he will need his driver's license and another form of ID to get into the port area only. (unless calif is completely different than florida!)
This is what we have always had to do in the past (in Florida).

I believe whoever comes later, will still need to go up to the check in desk. At the check-in that is where they take your security picture. That is different from PC, where they have a separate line and place for that. When my DH and I did the 2-day cruise in Jan, they took one picture of the 2 of us at check-in.

We area also planning on being dropped of early. However, we have 2 rooms. 1 is for me and my DD, and the other is my DH and sons. So I am planning on my DH dropping my DD, I, and all the luggage off at the port around 10am. I will go and just check in my room and get the boarding #. Then he will go back to the Doubletree with the boys and take the 10:30 shuttle over. He will have their passports and paperwork and check in their cabin when he gets there. If I get an earlier boarding #, we will all just use mine at boarding.

You might want to post a message in the main board to see how previous cruisers in San Pedro did the check-in when all their party was not together.

What kind of excursion are you thinking? I have to watch the minimum age since my little guy is only 3. This is what I was maybe thinking of switching to. http://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Medano-Beach-Club.htm
Susan is using them also and in reading their site they say that they haven't left a cruise passenger behind yet (always a first time):rotfl:Although, if we are left behind on Sunday at least the ship will be back Monday morning.:rotfl2:

This is what we have always had to do in the past (in Florida).

Michelle, I am going to looking into the tour also.

I did great at my 5K yesterday. Ran it in 34:08, so I was thrilled. I am hoping to start enjoy running. I really do not like it, but I am trying. I would like to do a 10K next. I rewarded myself before the race and downloaded a Glee album. So that got me through the run.

After the run we went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, which is the old Marine World for you Bay Area folks. We met up with Kel and family for a short bit. The kids met and Isabelle and Jaz seemed to hit it off. My kids played in the water sprayground and got soaked, with no change of clothes.

Overall had a nice day. Next weekend will be cruise preparing and getting ready for a busy next week.

Thanks for the information Virdis! I kept meaning to check with AT&T, but just never got around to it. Stupid job! :headache: Good to know that we can make calls if the need arises...

All the paperwork as in his check in stuff but not passport or license right? That's what I seem to remember but it's been a number of years since we left out of San Pedro. I seem to recall he kept that to get into the port and I took the check in stuff and got us situated at DCL check in, but I'm old, and therefore my memory has gone overboard. :rotfl:

Michelle, I am going to looking into the tour also.

I did great at my 5K yesterday. Ran it in 34:08, so I was thrilled. I am hoping to start enjoy running. I really do not like it, but I am trying. I would like to do a 10K next. I rewarded myself before the race and downloaded a Glee album. So that got me through the run.

After the run we went to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, which is the old Marine World for you Bay Area folks. We met up with Kel and family for a short bit. The kids met and Isabelle and Jaz seemed to hit it off. My kids played in the water sprayground and got soaked, with no change of clothes.

Overall had a nice day. Next weekend will be cruise preparing and getting ready for a busy next week.
That is an awesome time....good job!:thumbsup2 I use to run years ago and had tried to make myself start again, just a couple of miles here and there but nothing consistent.

So jealous of you west coasters that get to meet up! And a little jealous that you all get to go to DL so often.;)

If you decide to book that excursion let me know. I haven't booked yet and am kind of waiting to see if anyone else on our board is. I know we could do it on our own but with the Easter traffic at the beach this seems like to way to go, just to make sure we have transfer back to the ship in time.

We're still booked for the pool excursion in Manzanillo. I keep thinking about changing to the beach, but then, I don't. Now I'm thinking about signing up for the city tours, just to get off the ship for a few hours. My girls DON'T want to do the tours, but they are cheap (the tours, not the girls)enough that if they choose not to, it wouldn't be a great financial loss. Always used to be a brave solo tourist, but with all the things happening these days in Mexico, I'm leery, as it's just me, my 7 yo and my 5 yo this time! If I get nabbed in Mexico, will Mickey and Minnie hang with my girls for the rest of the cruise? Any volunteers to take over my verandah? Okay, now that I've said it, it won't happen, right!?!?!?!?

Re. Palo. If there's any one who didn't get in and wants to, I have the following ressies for two, and there is only one of me. (They may let me increase it to three, not sure....)
Day #3 brunch 10:30
Day #5 dinner 6:00
Day #7 tea 3:00

yeah kristi good job on the 5 k:thumbsup2.i ´m a huge fun of glee club,me and my twin sister will be whaching the glee tour live on london in june.
jweiss if you don´t get any partner for you brunch,me and dh are also having brunch on palo same day same time,you are more then welcomed to sit with us.:goodvibes

Just heard back from DCL and they have confirmed our Mixology Tasting:banana:

"We can confirm that the “Mixology” Class will take place in the Cadillac Lounge from 3pm – 4pm on 4/18 for 49 guests. You will be contacted by the Groups Manager onboard again confirming the time and location."

As a reminder, the cost is $20/person and will be charged directly to your stateroom.

Here is the current list as I have it. I recall that a few people were waiting for the official date and time to check against their schedules. If for any reason, you will not be joining us, please let me know ASAP so I could have you removed from DCL's list. I need to give them the final list by the end of the week.

(Gino USMC - I'm speaking with DCL to see if I can increase the group to 51. will let you know as soon as I hear back)

(Connie - Can you please update the DisMeets on the website?)

- AZAims
Aimee
Steve

- bitocas
Gabriela
Vitor

- CasaMartinez
Helen
Nelson

-coffman6
Chad
Vicki
Greg
Gailyn
Ann

-Double Trouble
Dana
Paul

-HoppingMad
Penny
James

-Jareds_mommy
Rae
Paul

- kjwemett
Karen
John

-LV Disney Fan(atic)
Dany
Joe

-lymommy
Leeanna
David

- Maryh8156
Mary
Jason

-Martys4
Wanda
Dan

- MBoys
Steve

- MiniCoops
Amy

- mommafox
Kel
Don

- NordyGirl
Phil
Essie

- Patricia1
Paty
Bob

- Sacdance
Tammy
Mike

- Susiesark
Susan
Richard

-sweetpea4
Kari
Kevin

- szubieta
Sandy

- Travelbee
Connie
Sean

- TNShellBelle
Michelle
Jason

- True Romance
Kristi

- Virdis/Amwill
Virdis
Ann-Marie

"We can confirm that the “Mixology” Class will take place in the Cadillac Lounge from 3pm – 4pm on 4/18 for 49 guests. You will be contacted by the Groups Manager onboard again confirming the time and location."

As a reminder, the cost is $20/person and will be charged directly to your stateroom.

Here is the current list as I have it. I recall that a few people were waiting for the official date and time to check against their schedules. If for any reason, you will not be joining us, please let me know ASAP so I could have you removed from DCL's list. I need to give them the final list by the end of the week.

(Gino USMC - I'm speaking with DCL to see if I can increase the group to 51. will let you know as soon as I hear back)

(Connie - Can you please update the DisMeets on the website?)

- AZAims
Aimee
Steve

- bitocas
Gabriela
Victor

- CasaMartinez
Helen
Nelson

-coffman6
Chad
Vicki
Greg
Gailyn
Ann

-Double Trouble
Dana
Paul

-HoppingMad
Penny
James

-Jareds_mommy
Rae
Paul

- kjwemett
Karen
John

-LV Disney Fan(atic)
Dany
Joe

-lymommy
Leeanna
David

- Maryh8156
Mary
Jason

-Martys4
Wanda
Dan

- MBoys
Steve

- MiniCoops
Amy

- mommafox
Kel
Don

- NordyGirl
Phil
Essie

- Patricia1
Paty
Bob

- Sacdance
Tammy
Mike

- Susiesark
Susan
Richard

-sweetpea4
Kari
Kevin

- szubieta
Sandy

- Travelbee
Connie
Sean

- TNShellBelle
Michelle
Jason

- True Romance
Kristi

- Virdis/Amwill
Virdis
Ann-Marie

thats great!! thanks again for putting it together

I hope the walk went well and that you were able to focus the spotlight on your message. We'll have to chat onboard. Our oldest DD was dx'd at age 16. :sad1:

I am so sorry to hear about your DD....it is a lousy dx (I was dx in 08 after the best trip ever (the PC cruise on DCL in May 08). I am very active in the CCSVI world (and am a Naturopath) and would love to talk with you (will probably talk your ear off:lmao:) Here is the recent Komo news clip they did....bet you can guess who my DD is:goodvibes and it is my mother dancing with a friend who was in a wheelchair but no longer needs it after the procedure!:love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN3gOUGHzGg if that doesn't work, let me know and I will try again. My computer is acting strange today.

I've been on the DIS since 2004. My friends don't understand it at all but I also think they're missing out. We met Kaylee and her family through the DIS (plus many other people while planning for our PC cruise) and they will be our lifelong friends, so I obviously don't care what anyone says, lol! Everyone wonders how I have the best vacations and know all the things to do...well, it's thanks to the DIS and my "online friends".

We have a great friend who lives in FL. We went on the PC cruise she visited us at the Hyatt MCO where we stayed the night before sailing. We went to dinner at the Hyatt and then Starbucks after. Between those two place about a dozen people stopped by to say "hello". After a while she turned to us and said "HOW DO YOU KNOW SO MANY PEOPLE HERE ALREADY?!?!?" She was floored. We told her about the DIS and about the several DIS meets we went to in the almost 2 years of planning for the cruise. It was really cool that our kids had built in friends before even stepping on the ship and how we had a bunch of activies planned with about 50 people! This cruise we're going to take it easy...we felt a little over booked with DIS activies on the PC cruise but it still was a ton of fun and I'll treasure what the DIS has brought to my life forever! :grouphug: :love:

Absolutely, ditto what Lisa said:hug:!!!! My Dh had a very hard time with the dis (although he was the one who first introduced me to it:thumbsup2) for the PC cruise since I was on quite a bit (I think we posted an average of 10-15 pages a day!!!!!!), and he certainly wasn't happy to hear I had picked our table mates without meeting them first..but has said often how the dis and our friends made that cruise...esp for the kiddos. I will also say, since I just mentioned it above....my friends from the dis where so amazing when I first got dx with MS in 08....they were more supportive and "present" than anyone in my home town. Not sure Scott (DH) could have survived without them texting and calling to check on him as well. :love::love: I don't think you will ever understand unless you experience it yourself!:goodvibes

thats great!! thanks again for putting it together

Oh No! This is my Palo High Tea time. Shoot. Now I don't know if I should try and change my tea day or cancel the mixology. DH vs. DIS Friends :confused3

I am so sorry to hear about your DD....it is a lousy dx (I was dx in 08 after the best trip ever (the PC cruise on DCL in May 08). I am very active in the CCSVI world (and am a Naturopath) and would love to talk with you (will probably talk your ear off:lmao:) Here is the recent Komo news clip they did....bet you can guess who my DD is:goodvibes and it is my mother dancing with a friend who was in a wheelchair but no longer needs it after the procedure!:love:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN3gOUGHzGg if that doesn't work, let me know and I will try again. My computer is acting strange today.

Absolutely, ditto what Lisa said:hug:!!!! My Dh had a very hard time with the dis (although he was the one who first introduced me to it:thumbsup2) for the PC cruise since I was on quite a bit (I think we posted an average of 10-15 pages a day!!!!!!), and he certainly wasn't happy to hear I had picked our table mates without meeting them first..but has said often how the dis and our friends made that cruise...esp for the kiddos. I will also say, since I just mentioned it above....my friends from the dis where so amazing when I first got dx with MS in 08....they were more supportive and "present" than anyone in my home town. Not sure Scott (DH) could have survived without them texting and calling to check on him as well. :love::love: I don't think you will ever understand unless you experience it yourself!:goodvibes

Kaylee, I watched your video. Loved your daughter, spotted her immediately. Happy to hear you are getting the word out about MS and it made the news. Good Job.

Hey Kristi,

Are you guys still doing the 1045 Los Veranos in PV? I want to book it today but wanted to see if you were still on that time slot. Thanks!

Paul.

"We can confirm that the “Mixology” Class will take place in the Cadillac Lounge from 3pm – 4pm on 4/18 for 49 guests.

Thanks Helen...That's awesome! This should loosen up "formal" night a little bit.:drinking1 :dance3: :drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter