• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diez (10) Noches Calientes en la Riviera Mexicana/17 de abril 2011 (4.17.11 Wonder!)

Hi everyone,
I have a question for my fellow cruisers.... I'm wondering if there is still a group of people who are considering going to Tesoro (or Karmina) in Manzanillo? I seem to recall there being some discussion a while back about some of us venturing out on our own to one of those resorts, or possibly even another resort? Of course I can't seem to remember what, where, who and also if I need to make any arrangements before we actually leave, which, thanks to Susan's wonderful countdown over on Facebook, is in 19 days! Yikes! and Yeah! at the same time

We've started packing in our house - do anyone else's kids think they need to bring alot of stuff with them (teddy bears, favorite disney stuffed animal, AG dolls and accessories/pets (might get lonely at home), jewelry, books, the kitchen sink, just in case...). With all of the luggage we're bringing, I'm afraid we may look like the Clampetts (From The Beverly Hillbillies for those who may not be familiar with old TV) arriving at the port!

Oh well, it's a good problem to have, I suppose! We're all so happy to be vacationing for 10 whole days!
Maria
I would still like to go to one of the resorts. At this point, anything we can get into would be great. Which one was it that had the really low all-inclusive?
DD says she is bringing all her princess dresses, although I don't know when she would be wearing them. If you have a daughter wearing a size 5 or 6 come down and pay us a visit, and she may be walking out 'looking like a princess' . princess:
We'll have to have a drawing to see which Build-a-Bear gets to go on vacation with us. ( ...maybe Duffy!)

Hi everyone,
I have a question for my fellow cruisers.... I'm wondering if there is still a group of people who are considering going to Tesoro (or Karmina) in Manzanillo? I seem to recall there being some discussion a while back about some of us venturing out on our own to one of those resorts, or possibly even another resort? Of course I can't seem to remember what, where, who and also if I need to make any arrangements before we actually leave, which, thanks to Susan's wonderful countdown over on Facebook, is in 19 days! Yikes! and Yeah! at the same time

We've started packing in our house - do anyone else's kids think they need to bring alot of stuff with them (teddy bears, favorite disney stuffed animal, AG dolls and accessories/pets (might get lonely at home), jewelry, books, the kitchen sink, just in case...). With all of the luggage we're bringing, I'm afraid we may look like the Clampetts (From The Beverly Hillbillies for those who may not be familiar with old TV) arriving at the port!

Oh well, it's a good problem to have, I suppose! We're all so happy to be vacationing for 10 whole days!
Maria
Hi Maria, we currently have nada booked for Manzanillo. I think we waited too long and now everything is booked. I am totally up for maybe booking something non DCL however, I received and email today from them regarding another excursion that I want (but it is booked) and they advised me to check back 3 days out. This is the cut off of being charged if you don't cancel. Not sure what to do now.

I don't think my Mazatlan refund has come through yet either, but I'll have to double check.
Mine has not come through yet either. I actually emailed my TA this afternoon asking her where it was because it hasn't made its way back onto my cc yet.;)

DD says she is bringing all her princess dresses, although I don't know when she would be wearing them. If you have a daughter wearing a size 5 or 6 come down and pay us a visit, and she may be walking out 'looking like a princess' . princess:
( ...maybe Duffy!)
Too funny, Macy is bringing all of her dresses as well. Funny thing is there is really only one (size 6) that fits anymore. All of the others are size 3 but she is insisting. We usually just let her wear them for formal and semi formal night but at this point I don't care if she wears them every night.

We'll have to have a drawing to see which Build-a-Bear gets to go on vacation with us. ( ...maybe Duffy!)

Duffy is definately coming with me. He is going to be master of ceramonies of any trip report we do. I am making him a lanyard so he will look like a real cruiser. (I dont have children to worry about so I worry about my bear!)

See ya real soon!

Missing DWonder CM My sister's neighbors in-laws were on that cruise. They conveyed that the "missing" CM was understood to be a suicide so there wasn't a mysterious undertone to the CM not showing up to work. Very sad. Suicide can be a private demon, not always something that can be detected, even by Disney. Can easily be avoided by not checking a box on a screening survey, "have you ever thought of harming yourself or others?"

Mariag481Your my cabin neighbor, right? :hyper2:We bring anything that we need to get as close to the home routine as possible; bedtime books, blankies and nighttime stuffed toy (narrowed down, like other moms have said), and we do pack a bag of "lose-able" beach toys (doubles as bath toys) to take to port on excursions and to the beach. I bring a nighttime snack to keep in the room since my kids sometimes need a snack and a slice of pizza doesn't quite match the home routine.

Manzanillo[/B] is still a mystery to me. I did pick up my Tour book from AAA and copied my pages for my ports in case I want to grab a taxi to a beach (and panic the whole time I am there that I can get a taxi back to the ship in time, AAAAAHHHH!!!!)

My girls will bring their princess costumes, but we'll see how long they last in them. Halloween was hard enough with the tugging and the whining...ah!

O.K. Virdis, I know you've secretly been checking on those vacant rooms, what news do you have for us? :surfweb: Will there be any upgrading going on at the ports? I'm wondering, after last weeks tragedy, if some folks cancelled, for whatever reason, and now there are some more rooms available?? Just a thought, good or bad. Because, even though I have come to terms with my low status, I wouldn't object to getting some fresh air without leaving my room (or the comfort of my worn out jammies) and sipping my drink on the private veranda like some of you (keep reminding me). :sad:

I still have 3 school weeks left of work with my little brats, I mean darling students.

We must teach the same group of kids!!! :teacher: I can not wait for the next 13 school days to be done.

:rotfl: I couldn't have said it any better. This time of the year I have to keep asking myself why did I become a teacher. The good thing is that for 10 days I get to forget about my students and just relax.:music:

Virdis, What was the info. on the Cabo Beach Resort Getaway? I know you mentioned it all a while back and I was a little overwhelmed. I was totally confused at all the "getaways". Did you find out what resort the Beach Resort was?

Hey Kristi. It looks like the majority of folks have gone to the Villa del Palmar resort for the Cabo Beach Resort (CBR) getaway. There was one guy who mentioned that mentioned that DCL took them to the Villa Del Arco for the CBR getaway. It looks like the two are sister resorts that are side by side. There is a third sister resort called Villa La Estancia but no reports that DCL has been there.

O.K. Virdis, I know you've secretly been checking on those vacant rooms, what news do you have for us? :surfweb: Will there be any upgrading going on at the ports? I'm wondering, after last weeks tragedy, if some folks cancelled, for whatever reason, and now there are some more rooms available?? Just a thought, good or bad. Because, even though I have come to terms with my low status, I wouldn't object to getting some fresh air without leaving my room (or the comfort of my worn out jammies) and sipping my drink on the private veranda like some of you (keep reminding me). :sad:

Susan..Susan...Susan....what are you trying to do to me. Don't you know I am a recovering DCL addict :rotfl2:

Actually, I haven't gone looking at the rooms for over a month now. I do check our reservation daily in hopes of seeing our room number change but so far no luck. :sad1:

I can't imagine the inventory shrinking. I bet all of the rooms are still there. I did figure out another way if anyone is interested in checking the rooms. I figured this out just when I stopped looking but never posted.

I would say about 90% of the inventory DCL has is exposed to the online travel sites (Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc...). So to check, go to one of these sites (I like Travelocity) and act like you are purchasing a cruise. Choose Mexican Rivera as destination, April 2011 as time, and DCL as cruise line. When our cruise comes up select it.

When entering in number of users, only enter 2 adults. Right now, DCL has restricted most cabins in their search criteria down to just two people in the room (don't know why). When the stateroom types come up, select the lowest verandah (7 I think) and a table along with ship deck plan will come up and you can see the rooms. There are radio buttons for lower categories that you can click on and continue checking. I think right now you have to go to category 5 to see anything.

Now open a new window or tab and go to our Facebook page where I posted the like to a site that has how many people can fit into a room. The URL is below:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=203200799690143&id=115572298493286

So now you can go between screens to see what of what staterooms with verandahs are available (on Travelocity) and match them up with rooms shown at Magical Kingdoms. That's is an easier way to check if you got some free time on your hands :surfweb:

Today I recieved the lanyards and holders :banana: We went with a plain black lanyard (no writing) and a good size plastic holder so you can slip your key to the world cards in there as well. The cost will be a $1 each and you can just pay me on the ship. Here's the current list I have. If I accidently left you off or if you would like to be added, please shoot me a PM or post a message here. Also please make sure I spelled your names correctly.

Lanyards

-AZAims
Aimee
Steve
Maddi
Bailey
Chloe

-bitocas
Gabriela
Matilde
Victor

-CasaMartinez
Helen
Nelson
Aiden
Colin

-Double Trouble
Paul
Dana
Savanna
Sierra

-HoppingMad
Penny
James
Lokie
Lily
Charlotte (Char)

-LiserAnn
Lisa
Mark
Ryan
Drew

-LV Disney Fan (atic)
Dany
Joe
Sami

-lymommy
Leeanna
David
Tyler
Minh
Lai

-NordyGirl
Essie
Phil
Jake
Dylan

-mariag481
Maria
Tory
Katrina
Alyssa

-Mommafox
Kel
Don
Jazmin
Sydnee

-Padalyn
Cayla

-Travelbee
Connie
Sean
Allison

-True Romance
Kristi
Kevin
Isabelle
Danny
Brennan

-savin4WDW
Stacey
Evan
Jessica
Samantha

-Virdis/Amwill
Virdis
Ann-Marie
Elijah
Amira

Here's what the name badge part looks like again

ConniesbadgeMexRiv4.jpg

Duffy is definately coming with me. He is going to be master of ceramonies of any trip report we do. I am making him a lanyard so he will look like a real cruiser. (I dont have children to worry about so I worry about my bear!)

See ya real soon!

lol...my PalMickey travels with me...I even found him a tux a few years back!!

Wow!! Lots of teachers here! I'm a high school teacher too! I sooo need a break from the high school attitudes! They're wearing on me!

I think my problem is my first graders have a high school attitude! It says something about the profession when we all want that R&R on board!

I feel like we will all be like the old Mervyn's commercial at the dock Open...open...open!

Pin Trading 101

MEETING ON: Day 3 (Tuesday 4/19) of the cruise, meeting at 10am Deck 4 above the Atrium on starboard side (other side from the Cruise and DVC desks). Any changes will be posted on my door - cabin 6319

True Romance: Danny [new trader]
True Romance: Isabelle [new trader]
True Romance: Kristi [non trader]

Awesome, thanks Cayla. I put this on my cruise schedule.

Is anyone else having problems with refunds? I have 2 issues going on and am so annoyed at my TA:headache: First, there is the 50ish dollar refund for not going into Mazatlan....still have not seen that show up on any credit card of mine, and I know many of you have already gotten it:mad: Then, I cancelled the LA-Vancouver repo and asked for that deposit $$ to be put towards an OBC on my account and was told no problem. I hadn't gotten any confirmation of that so decided to ask my TA about it and it seems it is all just missing:scared1: I cannot call DCL directly because I have a TA (one I will NEVER use again) and I am missing 550.00+. This has been going on for 10 days now and I finally send a not nice email to my TA demanding an answer today.
Long venting way to ask....anyone else having problems or have any ideas of how to get my $$?
Thanks!!!!
So glad I thought to check into this before I got on board and realized that the $ I was counting on wasn't there.

Thanks for listening!!!:goodvibes

On a positive note....only 11 days of work left for me (and a quick business trip to Portland)!:yay:

Sorry Kaylee you are going through this. It sucks. Keep on your TA, that money has got to be somewhere.

Hi everyone,
Maria

Maria, we are still planning on going to Tesoro. However, if their occupancy is higher than 80% they will not sell the day passes. I am going to contact the hotels right before we cruise and see.

Today I recieved the lanyards and holders :banana: We went with a plain black lanyard (no writing) and a good size plastic holder so you can slip your key to the world cards in there as well. The cost will be a $1 each and you can just pay me on the ship. Here's the current list I have. If I accidently left you off or if you would like to be added, please shoot me a PM or post a message here. Also please make sure I spelled your names correctly.
Thanks Helen. My kids can never have too many lanyards. They love to play with them around the house. My son just likes to wear them for fun. He will be thrilled to have one with the name card.

Remember to check out the DISMeets section of the website. I scheduled a coffee social for Thurs. April 21st at 2pm in the Cove Outlook Cafe, the upstairs room. I would love to hear what everyone did in PV and we can trade ideas for Manzanillo.

I started a spreadsheet schedule of the cruise with the meets, my dining rotation that I am hoping to get, and the menus. They usually make the dining schedule 2 weeks prior. I bet we can call soon to see what we got.

Sorry Kaylee you are going through this. It sucks. Keep on your TA, that money has got to be somewhere.

Thanks....I think she realizes how upset I am because I have been getting emails all day..."no answer yet but still working on it", etc! LOL

I did figure out another way if anyone is interested in checking the rooms. I figured this out just when I stopped looking but never posted.

I would say about 90% of the inventory DCL has is exposed to the online travel sites (Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc...). So to check, go to one of these sites (I like Travelocity) and act like you are purchasing a cruise. Choose Mexican Rivera as destination, April 2011 as time, and DCL as cruise line. When our cruise comes up select it.

When entering in number of users, only enter 2 adults. Right now, DCL has restricted most cabins in their search criteria down to just two people in the room (don't know why). When the stateroom types come up, select the lowest verandah (7 I think) and a table along with ship deck plan will come up and you can see the rooms. There are radio buttons for lower categories that you can click on and continue checking. I think right now you have to go to category 5 to see anything.

Now open a new window or tab and go to our Facebook page where I posted the like to a site that has how many people can fit into a room. The URL is below:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=203200799690143&id=115572298493286

So now you can go between screens to see what of what staterooms with verandahs are available (on Travelocity) and match them up with rooms shown at Magical Kingdoms. That's is an easier way to check if you got some free time on your hands :surfweb:

Oh my gosh, Virdis, you are amazing. I was already impressed that you had developed an algorithm for checking cabin availability, and now here you have a second one for comparison purposes. :worship: Are you by any chance a statistician???

Between your inventory analysis methodologies and Cayla's packing spreadsheets and Kristi and Helen's personalized goody discoveries and all the other DIS skills that people have on this thread, I have to say: we have one heck of a talented group on board!

Thanks everyone, for sharing your skills and suggestions! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone!

Please let me know if there is a group going to a resort on your own in Manzanillo. We'd be very interested in joining!!! Thanks!!! We did Karmina a few years ago and had a great day. Would love to go there again...

We will also have several size 5/6 princess dresses in our cabin. Lilie would wear them every day all day if she could....

Maria, we are still planning on going to Tesoro. However, if their occupancy is higher than 80% they will not sell the day passes. I am going to contact the hotels right before we cruise and see.

Remember to check out the DISMeets section of the website. I scheduled a coffee social for Thurs. April 21st at 2pm in the Cove Outlook Cafe, the upstairs room. I would love to hear what everyone did in PV and we can trade ideas for Manzanillo.

Thanks for the info... hopefully the hotels will have some room! I know we're really hoping to have some kind of beach day there. Thanks for the reminder about the meet - I'll be sure to note that!

Hi Maria, we currently have nada booked for Manzanillo. I think we waited too long and now everything is booked. I am totally up for maybe booking something non DCL however, I received and email today from them regarding another excursion that I want (but it is booked) and they advised me to check back 3 days out. This is the cut off of being charged if you don't cancel. Not sure what to do now.

I wondered how it worked for the excursions and canceling. I must have missed that info somewhere - it makes sense to check back for cancellations. Besides the beach days, we weren't really interested in the other excursions and I seem to recall that where the ship docks is not close to a beach. I'm not especially thrilled to be boarding a taxi in Mexico but don't see much choice in this port unless we stay on the ship.

Missing DWonder CM

Mariag481Your my cabin neighbor, right? :hyper2:We bring anything that we need to get as close to the home routine as possible; bedtime books, blankies and nighttime stuffed toy (narrowed down, like other moms have said), and we do pack a bag of "lose-able" beach toys (doubles as bath toys) to take to port on excursions and to the beach. I bring a nighttime snack to keep in the room since my kids sometimes need a snack and a slice of pizza doesn't quite match the home routine.

Manzanillo[/B] is still a mystery to me. I did pick up my Tour book from AAA and copied my pages for my ports in case I want to grab a taxi to a beach (and panic the whole time I am there that I can get a taxi back to the ship in time, AAAAAHHHH!!!!)
!

Yes, hi neighbor! A tour book from AAA... that's a really good idea. I think I'll pick one up too. Beach toys - we do the same thing... we're planning on beach days in the ports... providing there is availability. Like I mentioned above, I'm not thrilled with the idea of taxis - and share the same concern about getting back to the ship in time!

I started a spreadsheet schedule of the cruise with the meets, my dining rotation that I am hoping to get, and the menus. They usually make the dining schedule 2 weeks prior. I bet we can call soon to see what we got.

Connie can you also add the DoubleTree meet? We are planning to drive over from our hotel since so many will be there. :goodvibes

Kristi...Me too. I have the meets all scheduled. Really, can we get our dining rotation ahead of time? Granted this is my first Disney cruise, from what I have read we have to wait to get our KTTW card to find out. :confused3 If you call and find out let me know so I can call too. Currently on my spreadsheet I have A/T/P so I can circle them once on board...OCD... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter