• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diez (10) Noches Calientes en la Riviera Mexicana/17 de abril 2011 (4.17.11 Wonder!)

I am HOPing...I read somewhere they have showed movies from Touchstone, Miramax and others...guess we'll see. :confused3

They don't show non-Disney movies. Touchstone and Miramax are owned by Disney. Disney, Pixar, Hollywood pictures, Touchstone, Miramax, ABC, are all under the Disney parent company.

Thanks for the advice on the family photos. Old Navy is a great place to start, hope to go there this weekend. I am still up in the air about the cd, maybe just wait until we get there. I am also a penny pincher, but the ship does have good portrait opportunities.

i think this time we will not buy the cd.we do have a lot of photo ops,but i really like the borders,wi«w will stick with the printed ones.

PIN TRADING 101 LIST
Pin Trading 10 day Mex Riv cruise

MEETING ON: Day 3 (Tuesday 4/19) of the cruise, meeting at 10am Deck 4 above the Atrium on starboard side (other side from the Cruise and DVC desks). Any changes will be posted on my door - cabin 6319
Dis Name: RW Name [collects] PinPics ID [/U]

AZPirates: Cammi
AZPirates: Sheila
CasaMartinez: Aiden [new trader]
CasaMartinez: Colin [new trader]
CasaMartinez: Helen [new trader]
fourmcds: Jaide [Stitch]
fourmcds: Kaylee [non trader]
fourmcds: Taylor [Tink / Yeti]
LiserAnn: drew
LiserAnn: lisa
LiserAnn: ryan [pirates / mansion]
Padalyn: Cayla [new Pooh] padalyn
Savin4WDW: Stacey [Stitch]
susiesark
Szubieta
True Romance: Danny [new trader]
True Romance: Isabelle [new trader]
True Romance: Kristi [non trader]

Please PM me if you would like to join us!!!
Cayla

They don't show non-Disney movies. Touchstone and Miramax are owned by Disney. Disney, Pixar, Hollywood pictures, Touchstone, Miramax, ABC, are all under the Disney parent company.

Didn't know Disney owned Touchstone and Miramax :confused3...good to know. Guess we go see HOP before the cruise.

Is anyone else planning to decorate their door? I have been reading up on the forums, and it looks like you can make magnets to decorate since the doors are metal. I think I'm going to do one of these, aren't they cute?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891&highlight=graphics

We are too. I am torn between the pirate and sombrero.

Jared's mommy.....That Alice dress is ADORABLE! She should not feel out of place, if that is the dress she loves. My 5 y.o. loves her princess dresses. I'm trying to decide which ones to bring???

Re. Family portraits. I love when all where blue jeans and white tops.

~Excited in California!!!!

You know it is really perplexing to me why we were able to book the Cabo Beach Resort. I just checked again online and I am able to book it on both Sunday and Monday. . I will try not to go crazy about it but it makes me wonder what criteria they use that makes this available to some but not to others.
This is C-R-A-Z-Y! I have checked twice today and still not showing available. When you changed your ressie, did you cancel the Cabo Pool Resort and then book the Beach Resort? Wondering if maybe I need to cancel the one to show the other?:confused3

I say GO FOR IT!! Talked JoJo into it. This trip will be my 3rd dolphin encounter/swim and JoJo's first. I can't wait to have it propel me through the water. They are soooo awesomely strong and can easily take me through the water...and I'm a big girl. I love dolphins and wished our first encounter would have been the full swim, but I will take what I can get when it comes to them. :thumbsup2
I am a total chicken.:lmao:

We booked the Cabo Beach Resort on Monday since it is a short day and I am worried about getting back to the boat if we do anything on our own. It is nice knowing they can't leave without us on an excursion. We plan on doing Easter on our own since we aren't due back until later. We might get a water taxi & having lunch at one of the resorts. We can't decide if it is worth the cost to do the Beach Resort Monday. It is such a short amount of time for so much money and so far it has gotten okay reviews but nothing where people feel like it was worth the cost. I posted asking for reviews but no one responded. DH is leaning more on the cancel side, I want to keep it. :rolleyes: I was just hoping a few people would post that they had a fantastic time and it was worth every penny. :laughing:
Hm, we may do this also. I definitely want a resort thing to do one day in Cabo. Maybe we should cancel the pool resort on Easter and find something else to do...

I just called DCL to see what movies are playing during our cruise. This is what I got:

Alice in Wonderland
Prince of Persia
TS3
You Again
Secretariat
Tangled
Tron Legacy
Gnomeo & Juliet
I am #4
Mars Needs Moms

I asked her about African Cats, which we are really looking forward to. She said she could not tell, but to check the Navigator for first run movies. I have a feeling that they can't actually see the movies by cruise date. I think they can just see the movies that the ship currently has. I was hoping Disney's Oceans would still be playing, but that movie is almost a year old.
Thanks Kristi!

Princess and princes dinner, i was trying to get DD to dress up but she doesn't want to wear a princess dress, she wants to wear her Alice one that my step mom made her do you think she will feel out of place?
disney2257.jpg
Beautiful dress!

According to my cruise card on my phone, we are 25 days out.

On our last cruise we spent about 180 on photos. I cant fathom spending 400 on a cd. I am thrilled that they are going to be playing Tron. I love that movie. Although I did preorder it and it should be her on the 5th to 6th.

We are leaving Virginia at 0830 and should be in at lax by 1130. I hope our flights dont get delayed. I hate flying in the day of the cruise but we are getting married the night before. Are there any other honeymooners on this trip?

Susan- this is what I was looking at cabotourcenter.com
But when going back, I see that it says you have to book through Disney if you are sailing. BLAH!

Is anyone else planning to decorate their door? I have been reading up on the forums, and it looks like you can make magnets to decorate since the doors are metal. I think I'm going to do one of these, aren't they cute?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891&highlight=graphics

Those are great! Thank you for sharing them, I'm going to do one!!

Does anyone know where we have graphics specific to the MR cruises? Like maybe a map? I have one but it's with the old itin.

Mixology Tasting it is!! I'm going to request it for April 18th. We currently have 49 people signed up. Here is the current list as I have it.

- AZAims
Aimee
Steve

- bitocas
Gabriela
Victor

- CasaMartinez
Helen
Nelson

-coffman6
Chad
Vicki
Greg
Gailyn
Ann

-Double Trouble
Dana
Paul

-HoppingMad
Penny
James

-Jareds_mommy
Rae
Paul

- kjwemett
Karen
John

-LV Disney Fan(atic)
Dany
Joe

-lymommy
Leeanna
David

- Maryh8156
Mary
Jason

-Martys4
Wanda
Dan

- MBoys
Steve

- MiniCoops
Amy

- mommafox
Kel
Don

- NordyGirl
Phil
Essie

- Patricia1
Paty
Bob

- Sacdance
Tammy
Mike

- Susiesark
Susan
Richard

-sweetpea4
Kari
Kevin

- szubieta
Sandy

- Travelbee
Connie
Sean

- TNShellBelle
Michelle
Jason

- True Romance
Kristi

- Virdis/Amwill
Virdis
Ann-Marie

We would like to join, we can be :
- Newlyweds
Gino
Brie

I just called the Doubletree's front desk and asked them for a recommendation on where we could have a mini-meet on Saturday night (4/16). They suggested the bar area next to the restaurant. (I asked if it would be ok for kids to be there and she said yes.) So do we want to try to have a meet up at around 8 pm on Saturday night in the DT bar area? Or does anyone have a suggestion for a better time/place? :)

For anyone who's never left from the San Pedro port, there's a great trip report with lots of details and pictures about the embarkation process. Check it out at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2683071

Can't believe we're down to 25 days! :banana:

Dany

This is C-R-A-Z-Y! I have checked twice today and still not showing available. When you changed your ressie, did you cancel the Cabo Pool Resort and then book the Beach Resort? Wondering if maybe I need to cancel the one to show the other?:confused3

Michelle,

No I did not cancel Cabo Pool Resort until I was certain the Cabo Beach Resort was open. If you already have a reservation in that time slot, it will just give warning that there is a conflict (see below). It is indeed crazy. For my own sanity, I have given up trying to make sense of it all. :upsidedow

I just called the Doubletree's front desk and asked them for a recommendation on where we could have a mini-meet on Saturday night (4/16). They suggested the bar area next to the restaurant. (I asked if it would be ok for kids to be there and she said yes.) So do we want to try to have a meet up at around 8 pm on Saturday night in the DT bar area? Or does anyone have a suggestion for a better time/place? :)

Dany

Thanks Dany for checking on this. Time and place sounds good to me. This is the list I have for people staying at the Doubletree;

TrueRomance-Kristi
LV Disney Fan(atic)-Dany
DeserieMilburn--Deserie
AZ Pirates-Sheila
DoubleTrouble-Paul
Liserann-Lisa
AZaims-Aimee
Patricia1-Paty

Anyone else? Does this time and location work for the rest of you who want to premeet and introduce ourselves?

I just read on the main board that a Youth Activities crew member on the Wonder has disappeared while they were at sea. I am so sad to hear this. I hope she turns up safe and sound. That would really hit me hard if I was onboard at the time. Praying for a safe return.

Thanks Dany for checking on this. Time and place sounds good to me. This is the list I have for people staying at the Doubletree;

TrueRomance-Kristi
LV Disney Fan(atic)-Dany
DeserieMilburn--Deserie
AZ Pirates-Sheila
DoubleTrouble-Paul
Liserann-Lisa
AZaims-Aimee
Patricia1-Paty

Anyone else? Does this time and location work for the rest of you who want to premeet and introduce ourselves?

I just read on the main board that a Youth Activities crew member on the Wonder has disappeared while they were at sea. I am so sad to hear this. I hope she turns up safe and sound. That would really hit me hard if I was onboard at the time. Praying for a safe return.

Can we join you we are staying down the street but DSister(Sandy) and I would like to try to make it if we can.

Karen

Can we join you we are staying down the street but DSister(Sandy) and I would like to try to make it if we can.

Karen

Of course you guys can come, the more the merrier. :cool1::cool1::cool1: Please, anyone staying in the port area come on by. I will also have the wrist bands with me to hand out:woohoo:

The days are ticking away quickly now.

TrueRomance-Kristi
LV Disney Fan(atic)-Dany
DeserieMilburn--Deserie
AZ Pirates-Sheila
DoubleTrouble-Paul
Liserann-Lisa
AZaims-Aimee
Patricia1-Paty

Sounds good to me! :thumbsup2

Princess and princes dinner, i was trying to get DD to dress up but she doesn't want to wear a princess dress, she wants to wear her Alice one that my step mom made her do you think she will feel out of place?
disney2257.jpg

My DD wants to bring her Alice dress, she adores Alice. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter