• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diez (10) Noches Calientes en la Riviera Mexicana/17 de abril 2011 (4.17.11 Wonder!)

you forgot my DD Taylor.....tinkerbell .... Thanks!!!!

just got our bag of pins today....mostly CM pins, but there were some pretty cool ones.

my apoligies - she was on the master copy She likes Yeti also, right?...but somehow missed the published one...congrats on the pins....take a look at PinPics.com - you can see all teh pins out there!!

Cayla....My DD-7 (Emilie) is suddenly interested in learning about pin trading. I'm gonna pull up some of my old ones to get her started. We won't be too serious about it yet, I hope!!! Thanks!!!

Thinking about dropping Cabo Resort Pool. Cabo Beach Break is closed, but Cabo Resort Beach is open on Monday. This is SO confusing!!!

~Jennifer

my apoligies - she was on the master copy She likes Yeti also, right?...but somehow missed the published one...congrats on the pins....take a look at PinPics.com - you can see all teh pins out there!!

No worries...and yes, she is looking for any of the new Yeti CM pins released this past January at AK (or other yeti's I am sure)

In a recent TR from the MR he noted that there were lots of pin trading opportunities for the kids with the CMs! Very good to know (and glad I just got another 40 pins from ebay:banana:)

Any March Madness fans out there. DH and I are currently in my work pool (93 people) and we are in 1st place for the $1000 price. So much can still happen but I've been so excited to follow all the games. Hopefully our luck will continue!!
Very cool. Good luck. That's a lot of DOD.

Here is the current pins 101 list....please PM me if I missed you (I have PMs coming in for packing lists and pin trading and with 3 cruises I apologize if I missed you!)

This list will be open to any and all and I will not "close" the list per se. However, I will be leaving my house a couple of days before the cruise and will not be able to print anything out after the 13th. SO..if you want printed copies of this - PLEASE let me know asap!
Cayla, please add DD Allison and I to the list. DD usually just looks for hidden mickeys and we are not collecting anything specific but this sounds fun.

Added a photo of Tammy & Mike (Sacdance) to the roll call on the website.
Sent out assignments for the Secret Mickeys for half of the list. The other half should be hearing from Helen tonight or tomorrow. If you still don't have a SM assigned by Thursday and you've submitted an entry online, please let Helen and I know and we'll double check our lists.

DH just asked me what will I do when the cruise is over... my answer? Plan the next one! Does anyone have inside info on when Disney is releasing the rest of the 2012 itinerary? I kept hearing April but April is almost here and not a peep!

we are....flying into long beach midday saturday. Stll figuring out how to get from airport to hotel....if we want to rent car/take shuttle etc. Need to get a grocery stop in there as well (ummm, Lisa....might be borrowing your car:thumbsup2)

Sent a PM.

Cabo Dolphin Swim.....

I know there were a few other people on here who were doing the swim at 945 monday, right?:confused3 Can you please respond here so I can remember who u were....we had talked about hoping to share a picture cd...and want to make sure I remember the names. Thanks!:goodvibes

Also, does anyone really understand the difference between the swim and the signature swim? We booked the signature swim in PV but switched to the swim in Cabo. from the descriptions, they look pretty similar. The descriptions on the websites doesn't show any difference...besides price. Does anyone know?
We were thinking of doing something "dolphin" in Cabo on Monday and thought the encounter would be good but it is booked. Only the swim is available. Have you ever done the swim before? I'm not too sure how I would feel being propelled across the water:eek:. If I weren't so chicken, I would book the swim with you.

Thinking about dropping Cabo Resort Pool. Cabo Beach Break is closed, but Cabo Resort Beach is open on Monday. This is SO confusing!!!

~Jennifer
Jen- when are you booked for the Cabo Resort Pool? Sun or Mon? We are booked on Sun but since Virdis switched I was maybe thinking of doing the same. However, it is booked. Also thought of doing the Resort Beach on Mon but then what would we do on Easter?:confused3 Agree it is congusing.

DH just asked me what will I do when the cruise is over... my answer? Plan the next one! Does anyone have inside info on when Disney is releasing the rest of the 2012 itinerary? I kept hearing April but April is almost here and not a peep!
We are booked for a June 2012 cruise on the fantasy but may change...not sure yet.

Just FYI...I was looking at some shore excursions and it looks like we may have some company in PV on Wednesday, but the other days look good as far as the crowds go. I crosschecked lots of sites, including the cruise lines', to try to get a clear picture of other ships in port with us (lots of changes due to the Mazatlan thing so there were some contradictions to sort out); however, I "believe" it looks something like this...

Sun/LA: Crystal Symphony
Wed/PV: Carnival Splendor, NCL Star, HAL Oosterdam (i.e., PACKED!)
Fri/Manz: Just us!
Sun/Cabo: Just us! (except for the local Easter crowd)
Mon/Cabo: Just us! (until noon, when the Oosterdam and Star roll in, but we're out by early afternoon)
Wed/LA: Golden Princess

Can you tell I'm going bananas waiting for this cruise to get started?!? :banana: I'm going to practice my "mixology" tonight :drinking1 to help get prepared!

pirate:

Has anyone done the Los Veranos (or other) zip line in PV? Disney wants $99 each for it and a minimum age of 10. I looked at it directly, and they want (full price) $79 adult, $58 child, with a minimum age of 6. Also, they give a 15% discount off those prices for online bookings (or 25% for groups of 25 or more). I understand the ride up to the jungle can be quite an adventure, so was hoping to get someone who has been before to enlighten us on the pro's and con's. Thanks!

Or, I might just stay on the boat and "zip" back and forth between the pool and the bar!

I am actually hoping that they release the rest of 2012 intineraries close to our cruise. Even better, while we are on board. That way we can consider booking on cruise an not have to book a dummy date. I really would prefer to know what the rest of 2012 looks like before dropping any $$$.

Jen- when are you booked for the Cabo Resort Pool? Sun or Mon? We are booked on Sun but since Virdis switched I was maybe thinking of doing the same. However, it is booked. Also thought of doing the Resort Beach on Mon but then what would we do on Easter?:confused3 Agree it is congusing.

You know it is really perplexing to me why we were able to book the Cabo Beach Resort. I just checked again online and I am able to book it on both Sunday and Monday. . I will try not to go crazy about it but it makes me wonder what criteria they use that makes this available to some but not to others.

Just FYI...I was looking at some shore excursions and it looks like we may have some company in PV on Wednesday, but the other days look good as far as the crowds go. I crosschecked lots of sites, including the cruise lines', to try to get a clear picture of other ships in port with us (lots of changes due to the Mazatlan thing so there were some contradictions to sort out); however, I "believe" it looks something like this...

Sun/LA: Crystal Symphony
Wed/PV: Carnival Splendor, NCL Star, HAL Oosterdam (i.e., PACKED!)
Fri/Manz: Just us!
Sun/Cabo: Just us! (except for the local Easter crowd)
Mon/Cabo: Just us! (until noon, when the Oosterdam and Star roll in, but we're out by early afternoon)
Wed/LA: Golden Princess

Can you tell I'm going bananas waiting for this cruise to get started?!? :banana: I'm going to practice my "mixology" tonight :drinking1 to help get prepared!

pirate:

Wow....it looks like we will have LOTS of company in PV. Probably will do a Walmart run since it looks like it is so close to the port.

We are planning to do the night time pirate cruise excursion in PV so I wonder if its being offered on the other cruise lines? I am totally excited about this trip!!! :cool1:

I'm not too sure how I would feel being propelled across the water:eek:. If I weren't so chicken, I would book the swim with you.

I say GO FOR IT!! Talked JoJo into it. This trip will be my 3rd dolphin encounter/swim and JoJo's first. I can't wait to have it propel me through the water. They are soooo awesomely strong and can easily take me through the water...and I'm a big girl. I love dolphins and wished our first encounter would have been the full swim, but I will take what I can get when it comes to them. :thumbsup2

I'm going to practice my "mixology" tonight :drinking1 to help get prepared!

Did that this weekend we had a UFC get together...well my mixology was mixin' a few different alcohols though. Got my neighbors to try Tequila Rose, tastes like strawberry milk with tequila in it...YUMMY!!...and Danny cracked open some Guavaberry rum we got in St. Maarten. :goodvibes

We are also booked for Fantasy in June 2012, but I'm considering changing to August 2012 (is that hurricane season?)

Yes it is hurricane season. May to Nov is in the Caribbean, but ship can change their itinerary and move out of the way.

Wow....it looks like we will have LOTS of company in PV. Probably will do a Walmart run since it looks like it is so close to the port.

We are planning to do the night time pirate cruise excursion in PV so I wonder if its being offered on the other cruise lines?

Yes in deedie...Wal-Mart will be a trip...I will keep my camera ready for those cool Mexican items we won't see in the states...or maybe it will look like the ones at home. :confused3

We are doing the pirate ship during the day. They have 2 ships that hold 250 people each. I believe I checked the shore excursions and one of the other ships offers the pirate ship in PV.

We were thinking of doing something "dolphin" in Cabo on Monday and thought the encounter would be good but it is booked. Only the swim is available. Have you ever done the swim before? I'm not too sure how I would feel being propelled across the water:eek:. If I weren't so chicken, I would book the swim with you.

We are booked for a June 2012 cruise on the fantasy but may change...not sure yet.

We booked the Cabo Beach Resort on Monday since it is a short day and I am worried about getting back to the boat if we do anything on our own. It is nice knowing they can't leave without us on an excursion. We plan on doing Easter on our own since we aren't due back until later. We might get a water taxi & having lunch at one of the resorts. We can't decide if it is worth the cost to do the Beach Resort Monday. It is such a short amount of time for so much money and so far it has gotten okay reviews but nothing where people feel like it was worth the cost. I posted asking for reviews but no one responded. DH is leaning more on the cancel side, I want to keep it. :rolleyes: I was just hoping a few people would post that they had a fantastic time and it was worth every penny. :laughing:

I did the Encounter at Cabo Dolphins and that was fun. But I was definitely jealous of the people doing the swim. It looked so awesome taken for a ride by a dolphin!! You get twice the time with the dolphins too.

Has anyone done the Los Veranos (or other) zip line in PV? Disney wants $99 each for it and a minimum age of 10. I looked at it directly, and they want (full price) $79 adult, $58 child, with a minimum age of 6. Also, they give a 15% discount off those prices for online bookings (or 25% for groups of 25 or more). I understand the ride up to the jungle can be quite an adventure, so was hoping to get someone who has been before to enlighten us on the pro's and con's. Thanks!

Or, I might just stay on the boat and "zip" back and forth between the pool and the bar!

Hey Paul,

We are doing the Los Veranos zip lining in PV. Myself, husband, 8 year old daughter and almost 6 year old son. Okay I fudged on his age a little, he will be one month shy of 6. My 2 year old will be staying onboard in the clubs. I have read nothing but excellent reviews of Los Veranos. I "friended" them on Facebook and have been following their posts. They seem like a great company at a good price. My kids are super excited to go and we have watched the videos online. I booked the 10:45 excursion from their Canopy office. Would love if fellow board members did the excursion too.

I went to Sams Club yesterday and bought a big bag of candy that I am going to make little goody bags for the kids of Manzanillo. The previous cruisers there said the kids met the ship and were so friendly and cute. Everyone had wished they had something to give to them. I am also going to look for random small toys around my house I can throw into the goody bags.

I don't remember which one we did (Liserann....can you help with my memory?!:confused3) but we did one in PV in 08 and it was great and worth every penny. It was a high speed boat ride, followed by a jeep trip up the mountain and then we got on a donkey and rode to the top of the zips and did about 7 different zip lines/rappels etc. We had a blast and it was beautiful. We left our kids one the ship so we booked through dcl. I can't remember any cons...would do it again in a heart beat (but not this cruise...want the girls a bit older to go with us!)

I did a dolphin swim at discovery cove in orlando and loved it, just didn't have enough time with the dolphins! The ride across the pool was such a blast, you will love it (I would think!):goodvibes

I went to Sams Club yesterday and bought a big bag of candy that I am going to make little goody bags for the kids of Manzanillo. The previous cruisers there said the kids met the ship and were so friendly and cute. Everyone had wished they had something to give to them. I am also going to look for random small toys around my house I can throw into the goody bags.

I know...when I read about this I thought this would be cool for our kids and the Mexican kids. I will look for some of JoJo small toys. I have 2 bins of them that I need to get busy and sell on ebay. I was also thinkin' about some trading cards too...though you know JoJo will want to keep them all. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter