• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diez (10) Noches Calientes en la Riviera Mexicana/17 de abril 2011 (4.17.11 Wonder!)

I am so excited that our cruise is getting so close, but now I'm also starting to get a little panicked about the FEs, especially since I hear everyone going great guns on them. I need to get my act together!

So along those lines: are any of you FEers pin traders? (Or alternatively, NOT a fan of pins?) (Can you guess where I'm going with this?) ;)

And for those of you who ARE pin traders, do you know if there's pin trading on the cruise? I heard they used to have it, then because of worries about the norovirus, stopped doing it, and now I don't know what the status is.

my DDs are both avid pin traders...they usually pick a set they want to collect each trip and Scott and I become pros at noticing what pins are on lanyards as we walk through the parks,:lmao: During the PC cruise in 08 I thought there were some official pin trading events (but I could be totally wrong:confused3 and it may have been on a cruise in 05:confused3), but none on the recent dream cruise...so I think they did away with it on the cruises :(

And by the way, those of you who have gotten your documents already, did you book directly with DCL? My TA hasn't made a peep about documents. :confused3 Has anyone with a TA gotten their docs?

Wohoo got ours Friday. We usually wait for dinner, have an "Adult Toast" to happy sailin then open. I miss the original docs, they were a little more fun, the new ones are just a 'book"... but then again its still fun to anticipate!!:)

my DDs are both avid pin traders...they usually pick a set they want to collect each trip and Scott and I become pros at noticing what pins are on lanyards as we walk through the parks,:lmao: During the PC cruise in 08 I thought there were some official pin trading events (but I could be totally wrong:confused3 and it may have been on a cruise in 05:confused3), but none on the recent dream cruise...so I think they did away with it on the cruises :(

Are you going to sneak pack their pins? I guess I'll have to do that for the boys.

And for those of you who ARE pin traders, do you know if there's pin trading on the cruise? I heard they used to have it, then because of worries about the norovirus, stopped doing it, and now I don't know what the status is.

I don't recall anything formal but they did have some of the cruise employees one night wearing lanyards and trading with the kids. My boys really enjoyed it though.

Hi everyone, Ive been hanging around and finally have de-lurked. My husband and I are cruising with you all and I too am looking forward to Pirate Night. Our first cruise we missed it because that was our Palo night. Cant wait to set sail and see some sun!!

:welcome:

Question for everyone (with kids) On formal night, when the kiddos are dressed so pretty and handsome, after dining do they change before heading off to play at the clubs or go all dressed up?

My boys didn't change but they didn't go to the kids club until much later that evening as we made it point to take tons of pictures with the characters and around the ship.

Sounds good to me. Dh and I will definitely be doing at least 2 tastings onboard. Also, can you have a waiting list past the 50 people? Wondering because I see that the mixology is a front runner and that's not really something that we would be interested in.

No worries, we can open it up to others if you guys decide not to do it. As for setting up an additional tasting I can reach out to DCL but want to make sure there's enough interest for us to meet the minimum. Please PM or post here if you would be interested in a 2nd Disboard tasting. The easiest thing would be to go with the 2nd place choice of drink.

:welcome:.to all of you just lurking don´t be shy come on we are a fun group.
cruise doc´s came in friday:cool1::cool1:.dd never want´s to take of her dress she is so vain,but she is very carefull and dosen´t make a mess with her clothes.
Hi everyone, Ive been hanging around and finally have de-lurked. My husband and I are cruising with you all and I too am looking forward to Pirate Night. Our first cruise we missed it because that was our Palo night. Cant wait to set sail and see some sun!!

TrueRomance.....I'd like to pay you cash for the wristbands once we're on board. (I haven't used paypal in years and would have to figure out how to dig up my account!)

Re. teens....I am leaving my 19 y.o. lazy, disrepectful teen HOME!!!! She didn't want to come, and I remember her complaining last cruise about being bored, so, she's staying home!!! She loves Disney and will meet us post cruise at DL. I really didn't want her "mood" ruining my cruise!!!

Ok - yet another list!!!

I will start a list of folks who are intereted in pin trading while onboard. Please PM me if you are interested. Should I put a pin preference on the list?

Cayla

I just PMd you -- yes, if you start a list, please put us on it! We'd love to do some pin trading onboard! :banana:

We have traded pins in the past, but it has been a long time(since 2004 when we did our last cruise). But we have a lot of older pins. We can bring them & see what anyone would be interested in trading.

And AZaims, please bring your older pins! :thumbsup2 Those are especially fun, because if they're not for sale anymore, you can only get them from trading with other people.

And now I'm feeling like the only person who hasn't gotten the docs. :eek:

I'm going to wait for today's mail, and if they're not there, then I'm going to call my TA and find out what's going on. Not that I'm anxious or unduly eager to get them or anything... :lmao:

Re. FE gifts..... Is EVERYONE making CREATIVE hand-made gifts? I'm not, and I hope that's okay. My gifts are Disney oriented and took a lot of thought, but they are not hand-made. Oh well, if I'm alone, then maybe people will be ready for a uniquely UN-unique little gift!!!

I just PMd you -- yes, if you start a list, please put us on it! We'd love to do some pin trading onboard! :banana:

And AZaims, please bring your older pins! :thumbsup2 Those are especially fun, because if they're not for sale anymore, you can only get them from trading with other people.

Ok - here we go with another list...this list is for individuals who will be bring pins to trade with other cruisers. This is not like trading from lanyards - these are negotiated trades between two traders (cruisers!)

So far (culled from the posts by Savin4WDW - thanks Stacey!!!). This list also includes the RW name, and the collection preference if any. If you would like to join us - please do!! I have not made any decisions about where or when we will meet (there are a lot of events to consider as far as timing) and the location will depend on the interest (size of the group!) If you are on PinPics - please add that ID as well.

I personally will be bringing a very limited book of pins, so please take a peek at my traders listed on PinPics - if there is a pin that you would like me to bring specifically, PM me, so I can include it please!

Can this be added to the "organizer" lists? The Date and Place TBA once I get a feel for the size of the group - I may just host it in my cabin if a small group :confused3

Cayla

PIN TRADER LIST

Pin Trading 10 day Mex Riv cruise

Dis Name..............RW Name..........collects..........PinPics ID
Padalyn................Cayla...............new Pooh........Padalyn
Savin4WDW..........Stacey.............Stitch

awaiting further info:
..........AZAims
..........casamartinez
..........liserann
..........fourmcds
..........susiesark

Re. FE gifts..... Is EVERYONE making CREATIVE hand-made gifts? I'm not, and I hope that's okay. My gifts are Disney oriented and took a lot of thought, but they are not hand-made. Oh well, if I'm alone, then maybe people will be ready for a uniquely UN-unique little gift!!!

I don't hand make my gifts either...no you are not alone...many will do it this way...no worries - all are fun and appreciated!

TrueRomance.....I'd like to pay you cash for the wristbands once we're on board. (I haven't used paypal in years and would have to figure out how to dig up my account!)

Re. teens....I am leaving my 19 y.o. lazy, disrepectful teen HOME!!!! She didn't want to come, and I remember her complaining last cruise about being bored, so, she's staying home!!! She loves Disney and will meet us post cruise at DL. I really didn't want her "mood" ruining my cruise!!!

I would like to pay on board as well...my paypal account got hacked a while ago and I haven't set a new one up yet. LMK if that isn't ok :goodvibes

As much as I would love to do something that creative and wonderful, mine was purchased from a store! Time and I do not get along and so rather than stress myself out, I went for something that works for all!

i just saw this in walt disney movies site do you think they will show it onboard?

Certainly a good chance. We were on the PC cruise when Narnia had a new premiere and that was the show for that evening! It was pretty fun, esp since they had Prince Caspian on board for pics!

Ok - here we go with another list...this list is for individuals who will be bring pins to trade with other cruisers. This is not like trading from lanyards - these are negotiated trades between two traders (cruisers!)

So far (culled from the posts by Savin4WDW - thanks Stacey!!!). This list also includes the RW name, and the collection preference if any. If you would like to join us - please do!! I have not made any decisions about where or when we will meet (there are a lot of events to consider as far as timing) and the location will depend on the interest (size of the group!) If you are on PinPics - please add that ID as well.

I personally will be bringing a very limited book of pins, so please take a peek at my traders listed on PinPics - if there is a pin that you would like me to bring specifically, PM me, so I can include it please!

Can this be added to the "organizer" lists? The Date and Place TBA once I get a feel for the size of the group - I may just host it in my cabin if a small group :confused3

Cayla

PIN TRADER LIST

Pin Trading 10 day Mex Riv cruise

Dis Name..............RW Name..........collects..........PinPics ID
Padalyn................Cayla...............new Pooh........Padalyn
Savin4WDW..........Stacey.............Stitch

awaiting further info:
..........AZAims
..........casamartinez
..........liserann
..........fourmcds
..........susiesark

I am afraid my DDs don't really have anything that special to trade. I usually just buy a bulk set from ebay and they trade with CMs so I am not sure if we fit in here. Taylor (9,female) collects tinkerbell...and her latest obsession is the newest CM pin set at WDW of the yeti. Jaide (12) collects stitch and her latest set she is tryig for is the license plate one (she has half). I can always sneak pack some of their pins (like Lisa mentioned...since our kiddos don't know about the cruise) so lmk what types I should be bringing.

I am afraid my DDs don't really have anything that special to trade. I usually just buy a bulk set from ebay and they trade with CMs so I am not sure if we fit in here. Taylor (9,female) collects tinkerbell...and her latest obsession is the newest CM pin set at WDW of the yeti. Jaide (12) collects stitch and her latest set she is tryig for is the license plate one (she has half). I can always sneak pack some of their pins (like Lisa mentioned...since our kiddos don't know about the cruise) so lmk what types I should be bringing.

One never really knows what someone else is looking for. I have had trouble with purchases off of eBay - counterfits and scrapper (pieces that were supposed to be destroyed that "fell" off the machines)...but you are more than welcome to come and look!!! The more the merrier!

A few people have asked me about the lanyards. They especially come in handy during the different Dismeets as you will easily be able to see everyone's name and disname. The lanyard is also a pouch and good place to put your Disney Id card/spending card (not sure what the're called).

I have started working on the list so please PM me or post here. I just need the first name for each person in your group (including the kids).

Helen, please put us down for 5 of the lanyards - they look great.

Names as follows:
Penny
James
Lokie
Lily
Charlotte (if this is too long, just write Char)

thanks,

Penny

Hi Sacdance, welcome!! I am outside of Sacramento.

Great Jennifer, I got you down for the ship payment/delivery.

i just saw this in walt disney movies site do you think they will show it onboard?
We are really hoping they show African Cats onboard. My daughter loves all african cats and she is super excited. I am expecting them to show it.

I would like to pay on board as well...my paypal account got hacked a while ago and I haven't set a new one up yet. LMK if that isn't ok :goodvibes
Thanks Kaylee, got you down for ship payment/delivery.

My kids would like to get into pin trading. Where would you suggest getting a lot? Ebay? Cayla, I see that you like to stay away from the Ebay lots, do you have any suggestion how to get started cheaply?

My gifts are store bought and also Disney themed. I'm not talented in the craft department, lol! :sad2:

I agree with Cayla that there's no predicting what other people (especially kids!) will want to trade for. As far as I can tell, EVERY PIN is special to my 5-year old, who routinely trades for the most random pins, because something will just strike her fancy, and mainly because she just loves the process of trading.

One never really knows what someone else is looking for. I have had trouble with purchases off of eBay - counterfits and scrapper (pieces that were supposed to be destroyed that "fell" off the machines)...but you are more than welcome to come and look!!! The more the merrier!

I agree with Cayla that there's no predicting what other people (especially kids!) will want to trade for. As far as I can tell, EVERY PIN is special to my 5-year old, who routinely trades for the most random pins, because something will just strike her fancy, and mainly because she just loves the process of trading.

Ok, then they will both be bringing. As for ebay...I have had really good luck. I always read the review of the seller and make sure somewhere in the listing it says "disney stamped" or something like that. Another good source is the disney outlet stores, but they aren't around all the time. Disney store on line always has some good sales (and then I just buy several of that pin). And, if you can get to WDW...the recent get with purchase was a starter lanyard set of 8 pins for 15.95....couldn't pass that one by! On ebay, I try and get pins around the 2-3.00 per pin mark, but again, I haven't gotten any bad ones in my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter