• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diez (10) Noches Calientes en la Riviera Mexicana/17 de abril 2011 (4.17.11 Wonder!)

You are also receiving from and delivering to people who signed up for the full list, so you'll actually have at least 2 deliveries per day.
Check it out:

4/18 Szubieta
4/18 HoppingMad
4/19 CasaMartinez
4/19 TravelBee
4/19 Patricia1
4/20 Padalyn
4/20 Loving_Life
4/21 Susiesark
4/21 Shellyamd
4/22 CWO4DVC
4/22 AZ Pirates
4/23 LiserAnn
4/23 Fourmcds
4/24 Bitocas
4/24 Mary8156
4/25 Mommafox
4/25 True Romance
4/26 LV Disney Fan(atic)
4/26 Savin4WDW
4/26 Jweiss
4/26 Deseriemilburn

I hope those of us who signed up for the full list didn't overwhelm folks who only wanted to do a half list. Poor Mommafox just jumped from 9 to 21 deliveries. Of course if you had signed up for the full list instead of the half list you'd have 31 deliveries.

Thanks Sheila! I tried to even them out as much as possible. I guess I could have done 3 lists to make it less for those who wanted a smaller list. Oh well, the more the better right?? I will know for next time.

I did not realize I had 4 groups delivering on the 26th, oopps. If another day works better for you, feel free to switch. I think I was worried no one would want to deliver the last day so I over compensated.

Thanks Sheila! I tried to even them out as much as possible. I guess I could have done 3 lists to make it less for those who wanted a smaller list. Oh well, the more the better right?? I will know for next time.

I did not realize I had 4 groups delivering on the 26th, oopps. If another day works better for you, feel free to switch. I think I was worried no one would want to deliver the last day so I over compensated.

Kristi,

Organizing the FE deliveries had to involve keeping track of a whole lot of PM's back and forth. I think you did a great job! Thank you :thumbsup2

Yahooo we got ours too!!!

I'm glad that you have finally decided to listen to my advice. For weeks Virdis had been on a quest to find the perfect room. A room in our price range in the middle or back of the ship. His logic was that most of the resteraunts were in the rear as well as the drink stations on deck 9, so being close to the back was good (at least in his mind). We were in room 1056 which was accross from the elevators on deck 1. The funny part about deck 1 is that you can not walk to the rear of the ship. The crew galley,break rooms, and cabins occupy the middle to back of deck 1 and this area is locked off to passengers. I know that it is in the bottom bowels of the ship, but I was content to have a room in a quiet part of the ship. The location annoyed Virdis but he liked the idea of not having much foot traffic so we were OK.

But night after night, he would log onto the DcL site to try to move our room. The room inventory kept changing but he could never find anything in our price range to the rear without going GTY which he did not want to do. Finally, one night after watching a movie, he grabbed his final beer for the night and logged into the DCL site as he usually does. All of a sudden I here him hollering and yelling for joy that not only he found a cabin but, it was the last cabin at the back of the ship. It was only a couple of hundred dollars more to upgrade so he went running to get the credit card and changed us.

Feeling very proud of himself, he came in and announced that our new room number is 7500. As he was showing me the deck plan to see where our new room was, he realized he made a grave mistake. He had been looking at the deck plans in the wrong direction!!! :sad: Instead of the rear of the ship, we were now at the first cabin on deck 7 at the front of the ship. The look on his face was priceless. He didn't even finish his beer. Obviously, he would do bad in the navy....hahahaha. I still love you and the room you got us baby. :love: Even after this experience Virdis is still on the hunt for the perfect cabin. Now that we are less than 6 weeks away and now that we have our cruise docs, I think he finally is ready giving up his quest. That being said I'm still hoping/praying for alittle pixie dust to come our way. I would love to wake up to a verandah.

Ann-Marie, thanks for sharing this story. This cracked me up:rotfl2::rotfl2:. This it totally something I would do. I obsess over travel and things like this. I lost sleep last June when I was trying to decide to switch to the KSF offer. Ultimately decided not to, and now I am still kicking myself over it. Kevin does not enjoy my travel obsession at all. So I have to agonize over things myself, and on the boards too of course. The front of the ship will be great Virdis. Just think of it as more walking and exercise to get to the food. Really the ship is not that big and only takes a minute or 2 to walk the length on deck 9. You can see all your DIS friends while walking.

Does everyone understand the FE list? I guess I should have asked this question earlier. It made sense to me, but not sure how others interpret it. You get everyone on your list; Group One, Group Two or the Full list (for the people doing everyone.) There is at least 2 groups assigned per day for deliveries. Go to the tabs at the bottom for your assigned group.

Kristi, I got my name in late for the list, and we had talked about a 3rd list. I was just wondering if you have gotten any other folks for that list?

Emily

Ann-Marie, thanks for sharing this story. This cracked me up:rotfl2::rotfl2:. This it totally something I would do. I obsess over travel and things like this. I lost sleep last June when I was trying to decide to switch to the KSF offer. Ultimately decided not to, and now I am still kicking myself over it. Kevin does not enjoy my travel obsession at all. So I have to agonize over things myself, and on the boards too of course. The front of the ship will be great Virdis. Just think of it as more walking and exercise to get to the food. Really the ship is not that big and only takes a minute or 2 to walk the length on deck 9. You can see all your DIS friends while walking.

to add to this...being fore (forward) is also a benefit since the Walt Disney Theater (where the show is every night) is on deck 4 (along with the shopping!) and the clubs are on deck 3...the sports bar is there as well...nice and easy!!!

Just dreaming about the cruise and wondering.....

What sort of weather do we expect? Any guesses?

Anybody going to DL after the cruise. We will be at the VGC until Saturday.

~Jennifer

Hey guys, I'm in FE GROUP 1, Half list. I noticed that we have the following delivery dates and I think I'm going to change mine to spread out the gifts if everyone is cool w/it. I'll do 4/22 Pirates (a theme will make it easier for me). Right now there are 5 days of assigned gifts out of 10 we are cruisin, although we can do it whenever of course! Thx for listening. Here is what I see:
4/18 Szubieta
4/18 HoppingMad
4/19 CasaMartinez
4/19 TravelBee
4/24 Bitocas
4/24 Maryh8156
4/25 Mommafox (me); will change to 4/22.pirate:
4/26 Jweiss
4/26 Deseriemilburn

Don't forget there's those who are on the full list. I have the 23rd on the full list...I'm good with whatever but I just wanted to point out those who are on the full day list.:thumbsup2

Well, what a mess I made for myself. I read the list, Group 1, and assumed the "half" ones were mine, and the "full" ones were for the full list. :sad2: I'll see how easy it is to return the gifts I purchased online last night after I thought I had it all figured out. Since I now have probably triple the people I may have to think of a more affordable range of gifts, anyway. Thanks for everyone's help on this. I may move back to 4/25 now so that the order that True Romance created remains well balanced. Sorry for the screw up.

I couldn't seem to cut and paste the list into Excel, does anyone know a secret for that? I want to sort the kids ages and gender, plus get a total adults and the kids so I am sure to buy enough for each person. :earseek:

Don got the list in Excel. So WOW, now I have a half list and I have 38 adults and 34 kids to give gifts to? 72 gifts in all? Please somebody correct me if I have that wrong (this is a correction I would welcome). I'm a little bummed because I was hoping to get something pretty cute for gifts, but with a list this big it won't be too exciting. You full-listers really have it going on! :cool1: More power to you!

Too funny :rotfl: I know I've jumped all over this like quite the pro but I keep tripping myself up. I guess it's not too bad for my 2nd cruise. Watch me next year.

You've created a monster:goodvibes

I'm afraid Nelson is going to be mad at me for turning you onto the Disboards...

Don got the list in Excel. So WOW, now I have a half list and I have 38 adults and 34 kids to give gifts to? 72 gifts in all? Please somebody correct me if I have that wrong (this is a correction I would welcome). I'm a little bummed because I was hoping to get something pretty cute for gifts, but with a list this big it won't be too exciting. You full-listers really have it going on! :cool1: More power to you!

You have it correct now. In my past cruises, the FE gifts take up an entire carryon suitcase! I am only giving one gift to both adults so I can get something nicer but I am giving the kiddos individual goodies. I think that made it 54 gifts instead of 72...

I think that made it 54 gifts instead of 72...

Oh whew....I was worried that my 110 wouldn't be enough!!! sigh....(of relief!!) I miscounted somewhere I guess.:banana:

I have to bring three cruises worth of FE gifts....so far the weight is about 15 pounds..not too bad. All will be in carryon as of now...but the packing can't commence until the renovations at my house are done, I am hoping for April 1...I hate dust...I really do.

Padalyn, wow :worship:! Connie thanks for the idea to share the adult gifts. That will help.

jweiss, we are hitting DLand on the royal wedding date; 4/29.:bride:

susiesark do you think it whorts to go to disneyland on april 27 i just check the park hours and they will be open until 11 p.m,we are staying at hyatt orange conty hotel near the park,and we have private tranfers from the port at 10:30 a.m.i will love to what the world of color show.
I think you should try to go. Is the 27th your only option? If it is, you can still be in the park by 12:00, after checking into your hotel, and you'll have 11 hours, which is a long time. If you want to see World of Color, go straight to California Adventure to get the tickets, or better yet, purchase the picnic package ahead of time, which comes with a ticket for World of Color, along with another souvenir. I can try to get you a deal on the tickets.

Susie...do you have to pay to see WOC? Or do you only have to pay if you buy the meal?

Padalyn....you are one LUCKY lady....do you have the same cabin for all three cruises? Three cruises and each one unique, one of a kind.

Susie...do you have to pay to see WOC? Or do you only have to pay if you buy the meal?
You don't have to pay to see WOC, but you should have a ticket. You get tickets from a fast pass machine at Grizzly River Rapids. It is similar to Fantasmic, a little like the water show at Bellagio in Las Vegas. If you can be at California Adventure when it opens, you can get a ticket then, but in Gabriela's case, if she can't arrive until a couple of hours after the park opens, I would suggest getting the picnic lunch, which come with WOC ticket.

Oh whew....I was worried that my 110 wouldn't be enough!!! sigh....(of relief!!) I miscounted somewhere I guess.:banana:

I have to bring three cruises worth of FE gifts....so far the weight is about 15 pounds..not too bad. All will be in carryon as of now...but the packing can't commence until the renovations at my house are done, I am hoping for April 1...I hate dust...I really do.

Cayla...I'm not sure if your 110 would be enough. There are 76 in Group 1 alone and I believe you are on both lists!

Cayla...I'm not sure if your 110 would be enough. There are 76 in Group 1 alone and I believe you are on both lists!
I started planning, and buying FE gifts so long ago. DH put them somewhere and I can't find them! :eek: I finally figured out gifts for the teens in the group. :idea: Didn't want them getting the same things as the younger kids. Then there's the babies...:confused:

Padalyn....you are one LUCKY lady....do you have the same cabin for all three cruises? Three cruises and each one unique, one of a kind.
no, I am solo for the first cruise so I am inside in a cat 11b (6319) the second cruise is still gty, and the third is up in the air...my traveling companion is hoping for upgrade...so we are in holding pattern right now...no worries tho...I am on the ship - even if it might be in the "lifeboat suite" :rotfl::rotfl:

Oh dear....one item in my little package is a ordered item...I have 120 of them....I guess I could try to order more and hope they arrive in time...I do have 4 weeks. what is the GRAND total of everyone on the list (except infants - I usually don't include infants)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter