• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diez (10) Noches Calientes en la Riviera Mexicana/17 de abril 2011 (4.17.11 Wonder!)

Something that I just learned: not all rooms can accommodate 4 people. Well, I already knew this but had forgotten. Apparently dh did not remember the room category I booked and had me change it to a verandah room last night. According to the DCL site there were several rooms available however, only ONE would accommodate four people, the others only sleep 3. So maybe this is the reason who DCL did not upgrade more families with 4 to verandah rooms?:confused3

Virdis, your thoughts please?:goodvibes

Hey Michelle,

Yes...that is a big reason. That is why when I "window shopped" to get the list the other night, I temporarily deleted my son off the reservation to get a more complete list. It is also the reason I don't believe we (Ann-Marie and I) will not be upgraded because when you take in account that the number of rooms can only support 3 people, our upgrade possibilities diminish somewhat.

I while back, I did find a site that lists the room capacities. Unfortunately, it looks like DisBoards forum is blocking me from listing the URL. I will PM you the URLs. Hopefully it will help you. -Virdis

Michelle....I think there may be truth to your hypothesis...The room we got upgraged to is a room for three. Hate to say it, but I'm happy my 19 year old decided not to join us this time!!!

The Walt suite and Roy Suites are the same size. They are huge!!! Plenty of room for campers, stowaways, what-have-you!!!

I love the idea of martini, beer, wine, etc. tasting!! On the Med cruise the Dis boards set up their own wine tasting and it was great! Not sure it it's doable on this cruise but would you guys be up for something like that?

Would love to do that, anything but wine, not a fan.

So I am surprised we haven't talked about mickey tie dyed t-shirts yet
we made these for our last trip to DW and made some for this cruise too
untitled.jpg

Kristi - the wristbands are super cute! Thanks for all your work. I send you payment via paypal and will pick up the wristbands at the port or at one of the Dismeets. Thanks!

:surfweb: Does anyone else have a dog that barks to go outside at 3 am to chase possums?

Mine doesn't chase possums but he is diabetic and is up at least 2 times a night to drink and pee, so annoying. I am always tired.

I didn't get the email,can you share? I was on dcl gifts yesterday and they had a few eastery type gifts?

Did anyone else get the e-mail from DCL regarding ordering Easter gift baskets for the cruise? Now I'm WONDERing again if I should invite Easter Bunny to visit our room.[/QUOTE]

it says
Now's your chance to make your cruise even more special for the ones you love with exclusive gift baskets to help celebrate Easter. There's a wide variety of holiday gift packages for Guests of all ages - even special options from the Easter Bunny himself. Items like "bunny" finger puppets, egg-shaped banks, coloring books and yummy treats are sure to add magic to the holiday!

Sailing in style. Since your voyage includes at least one formal evening, we thought you might enjoy getting dressed up without having to pack a tuxedo. We're pleased to offer men's formalwear rentals during your cruise. Click here to place your custom order.

and the link goes here
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/p...sourcecode=14971&CMP=EMC-DCLFY11Q2cmrpasg0006

it says
Now's your chance to make your cruise even more special for the ones you love with exclusive gift baskets to help celebrate Easter. There's a wide variety of holiday gift packages for Guests of all ages - even special options from the Easter Bunny himself. Items like "bunny" finger puppets, egg-shaped banks, coloring books and yummy treats are sure to add magic to the holiday!

Sailing in style. Since your voyage includes at least one formal evening, we thought you might enjoy getting dressed up without having to pack a tuxedo. We're pleased to offer men's formalwear rentals during your cruise. Click here to place your custom order.

and the link goes here
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/p...sourcecode=14971&CMP=EMC-DCLFY11Q2cmrpasg0006

Thanks a bunch... for a minute there I thought they might be cancelling the easter gifts on board!! thanks for clarifying :)

Something that I just learned: not all rooms can accommodate 4 people. Well, I already knew this but had forgotten. Apparently dh did not remember the room category I booked and had me change it to a verandah room last night. According to the DCL site there were several rooms available however, only ONE would accommodate four people, the others only sleep 3. So maybe this is the reason who DCL did not upgrade more families with 4 to verandah rooms?:confused3

Virdis, your thoughts please?:goodvibes
WHAT! Are you leaving the dungeon? Who am I gonna party with? :mad:
(Between us, what was the cost to upgrade?)

So I am surprised we haven't talked about mickey tie dyed t-shirts yet
we made these for our last trip to DW and made some for this cruise too
untitled.jpg
Those are adorable! How do you make them?

we used this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBtNwx1bhCE

if it doesn't work go to youtube, and look for tye dyed mickey its the one with the 5 year old in it.
we used a washable marker to trace, don't used coloured dental floss and it has to be waxed, we used zip ties instead of elastics and we used the snake one we tried the twisted one like a cookie but they sucked we also wrapped the ends of the detal floss around the puffed mickey head, we used tulip dye in the squeeze bottles that is the only squeeze bottle type we could get here, we soaked in soda ash after we had them all wrapped in the eleastics/zipties, and let them sit in colour for 48 hours

DS did one with a light green t-shirt to start and dark green dye but it didn't show up well at all so we put the mickey head back on the shirt and misted it with bleach and left it for about 30 seconds and rinsed it out right away, it looked really cool

I didn't get the email,can you share? I was on dcl gifts yesterday and they had a few eastery type gifts?

Did anyone else get the e-mail from DCL regarding ordering Easter gift baskets for the cruise? Now I'm WONDERing again if I should invite Easter Bunny to visit our room.
[/QUOTE] The e-mail was just a link to the gift page of the DCL site, showing the few, and EXPENSIVE, Easter gifts. Nothing terribly exciting.

WHAT! Are you leaving the dungeon? Who am I gonna party with? :mad:
(Between us, what was the cost to upgrade?)
Well, we did upgrade to a 5C but I'm not thrilled with the room location so we are working on that. You and Lisa can come up and share the verandah.:hug:

These are the prices that my TA gave us to choose from yesterday:

DCL is advising that currently they have the following staterooms avaiable to upgrade to

category 6A - in guarantee and the total price would be 4,837.72

category 5C - the total price would be 5,075.32

category 5B - the total price would be 5,183.32

category 5A - the total price would be 5,399.32

category 4E - in guarantee and the total price would be 5,874.52

category 4B - the total price would be 6,004.12

category 4A - the total price would be 6,241.72

All of the above prices are just quotes and pricing would be based on availability upon upgrading

All we did was take the new price, subtract what we already paid (for the 9C) and the difference was the amount due. So not too bad. We paid just a little over $1200 for a 5C, just trying to get a good room location that sleeps 4.

Helen, I was going to ask the same question if this group wants to set up our own tasting. I'm not sure if someone with a concierge room has to initiate the request though. I know Rob who organized it on the med cruise has a Cat 3 room.

Hopefully we should be able to set something up. The one on the Med cruise was great!!

OHHHH we would be all over that too

Would love to do that, anything but wine, not a fan.

Me too! (meaning some kind of liquor tasting)

Sounds good to me!

Sounds like there is enough interest. I'll start exlploring the possibilities. I agree with kjwemett and would like to do something other than wine but I'll go with the majority. Sounds like another party in the making.
party:party:

Hopefully we should be able to set something up. The one on the Med cruise was great!!

Sounds like there is enough interest. I'll start exlploring the possibilities. I agree with kjwemett and would like to do something other than wine but I'll go with the majority. Sounds like another party in the making.
party:party:

We would have 6 adults for it, I know we are going to try to get a beer one and a tequilla one

Okay, I just got home from the gym and really need to hop in the shower before picking up Isabelle and friend from school (early release day) but I am so excited I needed to stop and share.

The wrist bands arrived today and they are so cute :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Here are the pictures. Please excuse my paperclips. I could not get a good photo of the wording, so I had to squish them down. Paperclips were the only idea I could come up with in a hurry.

108_4863.jpg

108_4864.jpg

108_4865.jpg

I have 200 bands, so there are plenty of extras for those who did not order initially. They come in Adult & youth.

Payment

They are $1 a band. You can pay me via paypal kh at kristihoward.com (no spaces and the @ sign of course--make sure you put that it is a personal transaction for payment owed, so I do not get charged a fee)

Or you can mail me money, just PM me for my address, or you can give me cash on the ship. Any way I am fine.

I calculated the shipping with my postal scale if you would like me to mail them to you. .85 cents for shipping. If you want them shipped, add the .85cents to your total and get me your address.

Or I can get you your bands at the port or on the ship.

Super excited. These came so fast. Now I have to make a short video to get $10 reimbursed.

Thank you for taking care of this for all of us!!! Paypal is in the works.
I sent PM. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter