• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Didn't think I needed to ask, but...

Pirate Lovers Mom

Earning My Ears
I thought from all of these threads I was good to book my trip, but without a degree in Disney Mathmatics, I don't know if I've got the best plan.

Want to stay at WL early Nov. Planned on buying one AP and calling to get best room rate. From all that I've read, I buy the AP online, then make sure to have it mailed to me, rather than will call. But, I'm within 120 window of trip for best rates booked online. Called Disney, and they confirmed what all of you have said, that rates haven't come out yet. But they said I could book through them and get a lower rate than the AAA I was planning to use.

Does this sound right? I can get AP rates within the 120 day window so long as I book with them directly? If so, what's the point of the internet offer, because I also have to book a January trip.

Thanks for your help in advance!

pirate: pirate: (the lads)

If you have an AP you can currently make a reservation on line on the passholder site for the Best Rate Program. Right now you can book for stays starting on 12/18, and the lastest date you can book is Feb 15th.
My AP rate was only $11.00 per night less than the AAA rate, but I do not buy the AP for just the room discounts...it may not be cost effective that way....most buy the AP because they make more than one trip a year, or they are staying for a long period of time that makes buying an AP cheaper than the park hopper tickets. The room discounts are a perk that you may or may not be able to get.

Thank you for the information! The CM that I spoke to made it seem like getting a great rate for APs in November was a given and that the rates were going to be significant versus AAA. The only rooms available at the WL right now are courtroom, so I'm already paying a bit of a premium to stay there.

I guess buying the AP right now is actually a gamble and not the ticket to saving on the room. The only thing I have to keep in mind is the fact that I've got to be back in January!

pirate:DS6 pirate:DS3 (the lads)

I know alot of people are hoping that the phone in AP rates will be available shortly. Right now they are only available up to the beginning of October.
We are booked at the Poly for 12/4-12/9 and like I said my savings going from the AAA rate for a lagoonview room was only $11.00 per night.
I know last year we stayed at the POFQ, during regular season so not as good of a discount at the value season and I think that the difference between AAA and the AP rates was $7 a night.

I booked on line as soon as the Best Rates Program came out. I did notice you have to know your rack rates.
It took me 5 times in order to get the rate I wanted. Our rated at the Beach Club is reduced $70.00 a night.
I can really live with this. :goodvibes

For value season the best rate for a moderate has been 89/night, while AAA has been 107.20 a night. A difference of $18.20. AAA might round down to 107/night.

For value resorts best rate has been 59/night and AAA is 61/night, a $2 difference. Not sure about deluxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter