Didn't need Special Season Preference List

Joeblack

Proud DVC Member
I just completed my reservation for December 22nd 2001 -January 2nd 2002 for a standard studio at BWV. I don't understand now what the Special Seasons Preference List is for. I just called MS and got the reservation. I had the idea that in order to go to WDW during Christmas, New Year season you had to be in the SSPL, Guess not!!!

Congratulations Joe. We will be at OKW on Dec 23 for 4 nights.

jane.gif

Disney Vacation Club Board Co-Moderator
DVC and Cruise Chat Hostess
Cruise Board List Mistress

<font size=4 color=blue font face="Comic Sans MS">Robin

To my knowledge, the SSPL has never filled the DVC resorts and there have always been rooms available at 11 months for some reservations. This was even the case for the '99 NYE time.

Glad you were able to get your reservations! Enjoy!

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

I made our reservations for a Standard 2BR for the Christmas holiday 11 months ahead for December 20-26 and the first night (December 20) was not available and we are on a wait list! What's with that??? I asked to be put on the Special Seasons Preference List last year but never received a phone call, etc. We are hoping that they will be able to accommodate us!

The CM said that there is a SSPL, but that members have preference at their "window". When we spoke she told me even a Grand Villa (that I have no interest for at this time)was still available (I did call exactly 11 months out). From the 2nd to the 5th day (Dec 23-26) I could not call exactly 11 months out because I was out of town. Upon arrival, I contacted MS and they reserved all 5 days plus the 6th one (I had already decided to cancel the whole trip if I could not reserve all the dates I wanted, but boy, was I surprised). Also, as far as I know, there are not as many Standard Studios (the one I got) as preferred view studios, so, I don't know whether I was lucky or just helped by a wonderful CM.

We are planning to go for my 40 in a few years and I've begun to panic thinking we might not get ressies during Christmas week. I guess I'll relax a little. :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter