• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did your two year old sleep in the stroller at WDW?

kohlby

DIS Veteran
I'm curious about this. I've seen kids even older napping in the stroller, so I know it's not an urban legand. On our last three trips, we had two different three year olds and naps definately were not going to happen in the stroller no matter what. But both kids were done with naps by their 2nd b-day. (And one child never fell asleep in his carseat, even as a young baby). On our last trip, the 11 month old was so excited that his nap was very late the first day, at 6pm. If our youngest, who is now 2.5 years old will nap, then it will alter our plans. Our plans do not include a nap for him, but we're not staying out super late. (Two of our nights will be past his not-napping bedtime. He goes to sleep at 7pm on days he doesn't nap. He goes to sleep at 10pm if he naps - even if it was just a 30 minute snooze). We're planning our schedule mainly around our 5 year old since she's the one who will make us all suffer if she doesn't sleep enough.

*We have 7 days of parks scheduled, so also comment if naps did start happening by the end of the trip. Our off day is after 6 days of the parks, so not in the middle. Our stroller is comfortable, has a sunshade, and reclines. But that didn't make the other kids nap in it. I'm hoping a 2 year old is different enough from a 3 year old to make naps happen.

Our 3 1/2 granddaughter took several naps in her stroller. I will try to find some pics. She always woke up refreshed and ready for whatever we had planned.

My youngest isn't a stroller napper at home and hasn't napped every day since her 2nd birthday, but at Disney she sleeps where ever she happens to be when she gets tired. She's even dozed off in some of the 3D movies, and on several rides. Makes her a wonderful child to travel with - on our last trip she fell asleep in Carousel of Progress around 10pm on an EMH night and woke up happy and ready to go at 12:30 when Fantasyland was completely empty!

Neither of my kids ever napped in the stroller--prob bc of the bright Florida sunshine. What I found better than strollers--try and plan a show for the mid afternoon. Sounds like your youngest is like mine--30 min powernaps keep them going for hours. When my youngest was 2 she slept in Nemo (at Animal Kingdom) and Hall of Presidents in MK. Although it wasn't 30 min, it was enough to keep her going long into the evening. It may be loud, but it is dark and temp controlled. Snuggling on mom and dad's lap--may just do the trick.

Good luck and have fun!

All my kids did. But they did when they were ready to sleep. I didn't set out and "try" to get them to sleep if their naptime roll around. My kids also can be transferred and remain asleep.

Not everyone's kid is that way though. It just depends on the child and what type of routines were established at home. I was always on the go--so my children acclimated to napping or "going to bed" when it was time for them to do so. I remember my oldest would fall asleep at 8pm on the nose regardless of where we were. Those were the days.

I should note that "formal" naptime phased out for my first three around 18 months. But up until about age 4, they would still "fall asleep" if they were tired on occasion..including at Disney.

Every time! He napped in his stroller at the zoo last month too. Occasionally I have to wrestle him in to the stroller when I know he's tired, walk for about 5 min and he's out.:thumbsup2

Yes!

We took DD2 (almost 3) and she totally passed out in the stroller. I was shocked as she hadn't slept in the stroller since she was a few months old, but Disney really wiped her out. :)
Unfortunately, she woke up when I spilled a Dole Whip float on her head, but that's a story for another time...

YES! Every day and (shockingly) for almost 2 hours at a time. And that was the first week of October! Our stroller helped - Chicco Liteway - which is a great stroller that lays flat. Half the time he asked to go "night night" and curled up with his blanky and fell asleep on his own.

131.jpg

Only problem was that he slept through lunch at Crystal Palace and 50's and a parade or two... :rotfl:

Yes, but I had to put some effort into it - recline the seat, pull the sunshade down, special blankie and go walk for a while without stopping sometimes as long as 20 minutes.

Noooo way did DD nap. She's 2.5 and she CONSISTENTLY naps 2-3 hours every single day at home. But she's always been the type that will only sleep in her bed. Not in the car, not in the stroller. At the end of a couple of our long days, she fell asleep while sitting on me on the bus back to OFQ, but that was it.

My DS2 did sleep in his stroller. I actually had the photo pass photographer take an adorable picture of him sleeping in his stroller with me standing over him with my finger up to my mouth saying shhh. :goodvibes

I had trouble one day getting my niece (5yrs) to fall asleep in the stroller.

It was around 4pm or so and I knew she would need a nap if she was going to stay up for EMH at MK.

I told her she had to have a nap if she wanted to stay for EMH and ride her favorite ride without having to get off. That did it she was out shortly after I said that.

I also noticed that she would fall asleep on the monorail in the stroller. So that was my next plan if she didn't fall asleep while I wandered in the shops.

She still napped a few times in the stroller.

Both my girls gave up naps before age 2, but at WDW, the youngest still fell asleep in her stroller almost every day when she was 2 1/2. We only used an umbrella stroller, and I'd look down and she'd be zonked out.

I made sure she had plenty of time out of the stroller, walking, running, playing, getting good exercise!

Mine would not sleep in the stroller but we could go on the train and normally by the third stop she was a sleep. I kept telling her it was not our stop and the next thing I knew she was a sleep. All it took was getting her to sit still without to much going around her.

Our 1.75 y/o and 3.5 y/o slept in the stroller every day last year. We'll find out in just under 30 days if the same holds true now that they're 2.75 and 4.5 :cool1:

Oh yeah, but not till 5, or 6 pm. She would eventually fall asleep for good by 9, and to be honest it was nice bc we'd have an hour to walk around or get a bite to eat to ourselves. :)
The torture though, is waking her up to get on the bus later! This year we are planning earlier nights for that reason. I'd rather just be home by 9 with happier kids. The only nighttime thing thats a must for us is Wishes, but we're planning to go to the 8 or 9 pm showing this year.

1 year old and 3 1/2 year old.
IMG4645-S.jpg

DD is 4 now and I fully expect she'll fall asleep next week when we're there again. She's starting to resist naps at home but Disney is tiring and the stroller is comfy. Goodness knows even I would fall asleep there if you pushed me around in a stroller!

My daughter was 3 on her first trip. Back home she would nap in her stroller when we went for walks. At WDW that was a different story. My normally sweet obedient child was over stimulated by the sights and the elevated decibel level. After not napping for two days, the sleep deficit caught up with her. She was moody and difficult. For the rest of the trip we took mid-day breaks for mandatory naps and pool-time before returning in the evenings to enjoy the fireworks and night time shows. Hope that helps.

He's 21 months old. Here he is at Sea World 2 days ago. We were there Thursday and Friday and another park on Saturday. He napped in his stoller all 3 days, but this is the only picture I took.

DSCN3705.jpg

The last time we were there, my daughter was 2 1/2 and she did not take naps in the stroller except for one day. We do a two days at the park, one day at the hotel, repeat... schedule though. So on the third day we always take a long nap at the hotel and just relax, so that my have something to do with her not needing to nap on our park days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter