Did your toddler like ....

rachellm

Mouseketeer
Right now we're likely going to be skipping these things. Did your toddler love any of them? Should I reconsider any of these?

My girls will be 16 mo and 2.5 :)

Phillarmagic
Astro Orbiter
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Country Bear Jamboree
Tom Sawyer Island

Right now we're likely going to be skipping these things. Did your toddler love any of them? Should I reconsider any of these?

Phillarmagic
Astro Orbiter
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Country Bear Jamboree
Tom Sawyer Island

In 2009 my kis were 2.5, 4.5, and 13. All of them loved Phillarmagic but I do not recall the others. I do not even think we did them. Not sure about the 16 month old though. I would still do it.

My daughter loved everything except Tom Sawyers Island. We never went over there when she was small. I've been taking her on rides since she was 5 months old. We always took the approach that we'll let her decide for herself and try not to influence her. It was funny because she wasn't scared of the Haunted Mansion until she was 6. Up until then she loved it. I know that wasn't on your list but it's just so odd what appeals and doesn't to the little ones.

Phillarmagic
Astro Orbiter
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Country Bear Jamboree
Tom Sawyer Island

DD liked Philharmagic, Tom Sawyer's Island, and Country Bear Jamboree.

At 2.5, she would have liked AstroOrbiter, but not at 3.5. We've never been to the Laugh Floor.

we didnt get to Monsters Inc and astro but the others they liked and philharmagic was loved by all.

My skip list is swiss family tree house(unless ods really wants to go)
Stitch
Tom Sawyer (not a must do again and there are so many others)
Bear jamboree we will skip if we dont have time. Its not worth missing other things for it but if we can fit ti we will

Phillarmagic
Astro Orbiter
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Country Bear Jamboree
Tom Sawyer Island
We just took a 15 month old boy
Phillarmagic - he was a little squirmy through it
Astro Orbiter - didn't ride it
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - didn't see it
Country Bear Jamboree - fell asleep during it
Tom Sawyer Island - didn't do it

We only made it to Monsters and Philharmagic last time. I don't think my 14month old went on Monsters, but my then 3 year old said she liked it. She wants me to tell you she likes Haunted Mansion more though, lol. They both liked Philharmagic. My older kids loved Tom Sawyer Island when they were little. Country Bears was hit or miss, and we don't usually do the Astro Orbiters unless they ask. I'm not a big fan.

Phillarmagic
Astro Orbiter
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Country Bear Jamboree
Tom Sawyer Island

My daughter was 18 mths the first time she went and she LOVED Philharmagic!

DD2 (three days past 2nd birthday):

Phillarmagic - liked, except the glasses don't stay on and didn't care for the water spritz
Astro Orbiter - never been on... we do Dumbo and Magic Carpets
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - LOVE!
Country Bear Jamboree - meh...
Tom Sawyer Island - not quite big enough to truly appreciate it, but she still has fun.

Phillarmagic
Astro Orbiter
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Country Bear Jamboree
Tom Sawyer Island

Only speaking for our family, my youngest son went to WDW just days shy of his 3rd birthday and again at 3.5. He was a bit shaken by the 3D effects his first time in Philharmagic. He wanted to go again though after and it turned into a fave. He loved AstroOrbiter even at the younger age. We skipped the Laugh Floor on his first trip but he enjoyed it on his second. It's not a must do for him. Tom Sawyer was HUGE hit on his last trip, but then he likes "adventures" and "exploring" in general.

Phillarmagic
Astro Orbiter
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Country Bear Jamboree
Tom Sawyer Island
no to everything except country bears

We have gone when our first daughter was 18 months old, and again when our second daughter was 20 months old.

Phillarmagic - Both loved it
Astro Orbiter - did not try, but both loved Dumbo
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - Did not try
Country Bear Jamboree - Both LOVED it.
Tom Sawyer Island - Did not try, because we keep running out of time!

We took our youngest at 16mo and again at 2.5.

Philharmagic - loved it both trips (bring earplugs, the volume can be overwhelming)
Astro Orbiter - enjoyed it at 16mo, didn't get around to it on her second trip
Monsters Inc - indifferent at 16mo, loved it at 2.5 (she discovered the movie between the two trips and now LOVES Boo)
Country Bears - didn't see it on either trip
Tom Sawyer Island - liked it at 16mo as a place where she could stretch her legs, didn't get there on her second trip

Phillarmagic - Yep...It's a bit loud, but she liked it as long as we didn't make her wear the glasses.
Astro Orbiter - Yes. These types of rides have been big with both of our girls.
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - Yes...This is a family favorite. Had a little bit harder time with her this year at 3.5 to just get her to sit still.
Country Bear Jamboree - Fittingly, Aria loves music. So she was happy bouncing along to the beat and looking at the bears.
Tom Sawyer Island - This and the Treehouse haven't been experienced by our girls as DH tends to have gout attacks during our trips, and I'm not going to attempt to keep up with both girls.

My 2.5-yr-old loved all of those except Country Bear, which we dind't do.

A not of warning on the Astro Orbiter - the CM might tell you that 2 adults and a 2.5-yr old can fit at the same time, but it is a lie!

Both our girls saw Philharmagic at 16 months and my youngest will be 2 1/2 this year. They both loved it. The best part is watching a 2 1/2 year old with glasses on try and catch the pies that are flying at their faces. Priceless!!! I thought my daughter was going to hit the guy in front of her with her stretching and grabbing for the pies.

Sad to say, after 11 trips, I've never been on the Astro Orbiter. Just never was something I wanted to do. Could be my fear of heights!!!

The laugh floor is good, but I'm not sure they'd "get" it because they wouldn't get the jokes. My oldest liked it. My youngest has never seen it as we didn't hit it last year when we went.

Phillarmagic DD loved it
Astro OrbiterShe wouldn't try it- hated anything that went in the air or spun.
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor It wasn't there when she was real little, but I imagine she would have liked it.
Country Bear Jamboree She loved it!
Tom Sawyer Island Great- especially when we needed a break from the lines and heat.

When she was little, DD also really liked:

It's A Small World
Pirates of the Caribbean
Carrousel
Pooh
Peter Pan
Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover
Buzz Lightyear

Phillarmagic
Astro Orbiter
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Country Bear Jamboree
Tom Sawyer Island

County bear Jamboree but none of the others when 2.5 or younger. I did get a lot of laughs out of Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and he did not mind it just did not find it funny.

Philharmagic is one of my daughter's absolute favorite things to do at WDW. She could watch that 3x every day we are WDW. It was one of the few things that she wanted to do over and over again at 15 months and it still is.

She likes Astro Orbiter now. We didn't take her on it until she was 3. It's faster than Dumbo and Magic Carpets.

She laughed and laughed at Monster's Inc. at 2 years old. At 15 months, she didn't really get it.

We did Country Bear Jamboree 1x. No one enjoyed it. Will not be going back.

We've yet to make it to Tom Sawyer Island.

Phillarmagic
Astro Orbiter
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Country Bear Jamboree
Tom Sawyer Island

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter