• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did your points really get banked

jmkjr72

DIS Veteran
Well last year we had left over points and I know I banked them
I called today the last day of my 2014 use year and the opening of the 7 month window to book another resort
I say I want to use my banked points what's left for 2015 and borrow a few
The cm says you have no banked points just ones that expire tomorrow
At least they were ablessed to fix it for me

But just make sure your points really got banked I did it online and it didnt work right last November

Well last year we had left over points and I know I banked them
I called today the last day of my 2014 use year and the opening of the 7 month window to book another resort
I say I want to use my banked points what's left for 2015 and borrow a few
The cm says you have no banked points just ones that expire tomorrow
At least they were ablessed to fix it for me

But just make sure your points really got banked I did it online and it didnt work right last November

I banked my leftover 2015 points last weekend and got a confirmation email. I also confirmed my totals on the dashboard. One thing I've always done is confirm point balances by use year after every transaction. One time before online booking, I had enough current points for a reservation and they borrowed from the next year! I caught it by the balance confirmation.

I also take a picture of my point totals and reservation information with my phone, just in case. Member services has been known to have some glitches from time to time.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Don't trust that Disney will keep correct records, we have had points come and go and they added a stranger to our account as an associate.

:earsboy: Bill

Luckily I have never had anyone else added to my account, but inconsistencies and "manual processes" that I keep records and double check. I have also taken screen pictures from my phone before, as someone mentioned, but not often.

Yikes. I'm new this year and trusted that what the member dashboard shows is correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter