Did your new DVC premium annual pass make you go broke?

Mouse511

DIS Veteran
Please let me explain......now that my DW has our new premium pass....she says that EVERYTHING is on sale!!!! But honey, it's 20% off... :-)

We bought tons of stuff on this trip.....but seriously ... We saved a ton of money as well..... As most of the items we bought, we would have purchased anyway.

How about you?

We had two trips planned next year. Thanks to the PAP's the kids and I are making an extra week long trip! DH is going to stay home to work, so he can buy our air fare :lmao:

I took it a step farther.....
Decided we needed to make our trip in June extra long :cool1:
Which required more points than I had :eek:
So, I just added on :woohoo:

So, the "huge" savings on my passes cost me several thousand in the end :rolleyes1

I have no doubt they knew they would be getting their money back several times over when they made this deal. I can't wait to "save" more money with my PAP next year :cool1:

We wil get 14 nights out of our PAP's that we will renew next month (at the promotional price:woohoo:). We love the 20% discount! We have used it to buy some of the pricey collectibles that we otherwise may not purchase. . . so yes, we are going broke!:sad2:

We hadn't been back in almost a year and a half (last trip was a GV at OKW for seven nights and used up a lot of points). So we had a F&W trip for us, plus the guys wanted to run the half marathon in January, so the PAP came in handy. But we really didn't buy much junk- just two new umbrellas because the others were broken and a couple of shirts at OKW. We really don't need any more junk.

They knew what they were doing when they waved those PAPs at us and emptied every ride into a gift shop. :yoda:

DVC/Disney math at it's very best.. it is rational but only to other members!

We bought a lot with our PAPs the last time we had them. We APs during our December 2011 trip & still bought more. June 2013 we will have PAPs again. I am sure we will buy again!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Our boys even said to DH on our last trip: "Dad, you get 20% off, so just buy it"!
Trying to figure out how we can squeeze in 2 more trips before they expire in October. :)

We did buy a lot of things we wouldn't typically, needless to say we got a lot of Christmas shopping done!

I can wait to save, uh spend, uh save! December trip is 13 days, may trip will be 12 days (with a 3 night cruise thrown in -do we get a discount on things on the cruise too?), then another 12-14 day trip in Oct! Can't wait!

Oh and is there a food discount with the card? Or just when you buy TIW? Can you tell we haven't used it yet ;)

We've got three trips planned for our PAP, so I can only imagine all the stuff we'll end up buying now that everything is "such a good deal" at 20% off.

Well we weren't even gonna buy annual passes until we saw the deal! So it's costing me about $1700 for 4 annuals! Too good to pass up!

We've had Premiere AP's for the past year and did enjoy the 20% off.

But the real fiscal danger of an AP is that you can easily justify more visits. After all, your admission is already paid for so all you have to do is find a cheap flight and stretch your points. :3dglasses

To answer your original question, YES, the PAP is making us go broke! We were not planning a WDW trip in 2013 due to our planned trip to DL/Aulani in June. We had planned to return to WDW in June 2014. But now with the PAP discount, we wanted to take advantage of getting an annual pass that would also last through our June 2014 trip. But we have to activate the passes prior to Dec 31, 2013. SO.... we booked a F&W trip for Oct 2013, mainly to get our passes and activate them!!! (We've also gone to F&W the past two years and love traveling that time of year). I'd like to think of myself as a relatively smart person, but I will fully acknowledge the marketing of this PAP discount is getting us to book a trip that I don't think we would have taken!!! But I'm not complaining.... we now get vacation withdrawal if we aren't heading to FL every 2-3 months! So I don't know what we'd do if we had to wait 18+ months to be back at WDW. The kids have already been chomping at the bit to ride the new Test Track (whenever that will open!).

Yes it is going to make me broke :rotfl2: We already have APs that expire in June, 2013 and were not planning on going back until sometime in 2014.

Well now I NEED to buy these passes and will have to spend extra planning a trip in OCT,2013 just to activate them.:sad2:

But I love Disney math ----> spend alot to save a litle :rotfl2:

To answer your original question, YES, the PAP is making us go broke! We were not planning a WDW trip in 2013 due to our planned trip to DL/Aulani in June. We had planned to return to WDW in June 2014. But now with the PAP discount, we wanted to take advantage of getting an annual pass that would also last through our June 2014 trip. But we have to activate the passes prior to Dec 31, 2013. SO.... we booked a F&W trip for Oct 2013, mainly to get our passes and activate them!!! (We've also gone to F&W the past two years and love traveling that time of year). I'd like to think of myself as a relatively smart person, but I will fully acknowledge the marketing of this PAP discount is getting us to book a trip that I don't think we would have taken!!! But I'm not complaining.... we now get vacation withdrawal if we aren't heading to FL every 2-3 months! So I don't know what we'd do if we had to wait 18+ months to be back at WDW. The kids have already been chomping at the bit to ride the new Test Track (whenever that will open!).

:lmao: I posted before reading and you sound just like us :thumbsup2

Yup, it will cost us more! we are doing a family trip in 2 treehouses in Feb and that was all the Disney we had planned for the year since those 2 THs took up our points! but with PAP costing little more than a 3 day park ticket I was looking at AND DS turning 3 in the summer, I want to squeeze in another trip with him "free" and to get use out of the PAP. of course that will mean airfare, lodging, and misc for another trip, but I am so excited!
I am glad other people understand!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter