Did you win ? Congrats if you did !

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
I would have loved to go to WDW ala a contest, but alas, I do not have the magical touch.

Did any DIS'er win ?

Some I did enter, now over and never won.
Who wants to be a Millionaire - Disney Cruise
Disney Vacation Club - 1 year of a DVC use
Disney Time - pick a week at WDW or DL, and a choice of activities

:cool1:Congratulations if you won ! :cool1:
I hope you have the most magical time on your 'free' Disney vacation!

I saw some posts about the Disney Time Sweeps winners, but haven't seen anything about the most recent Disney Vacation Club contest. I didn't win, but loved playing the actual game every day!

Sadly I didn't win either. I never win a thing! I can't even get codes for vacation! But you are right it was fun doing it everyday and hoping you would win!

I know I did not win. I probably should not even enter things like this anymore.

I won back in 2001 when they were doing the Who Wants to be a Mousekateer game on the Disney Cruise Line. My seat was picked at random from the audience to come up and play, and being under 18 I was allowed to bring up my mom to play with me. We crushed it! It did take us all our lifelines, but we won the grand prize and got a free cruise which we used in October that same year. It was a little scary because it was right after 9/11, but we had a blast. When we won, it was like being celebs for the rest of the cruise. Since everyone was at the show and saw us win, people were coming up and congratulating us all week. We even got a big fake check, definitely a lifelong memory!

We had some really easy questions early on, like the name of the stepmother in Cinderella, and Belle's father in Beauty and the Beast, but they got a lot harder.

Some of our more challenging questions during the show were:

On what Disney attraction can you hear the song, 'A Golden Dream?'
A. Journey Into Imagination
B. Hall of Presidents
C. American Adventure
D. Carousel of Progress

What instrument does Basil play in The Great Mouse Detective?
A. Violin
B. Cello
C. Fiddle
D. Harmonica

And the question we won the cruise on (my mom knew this one before the choices even came up, I knew it once I saw the choices)

At Disney's Typhoon Lagoon, what is the name of the marooned vessel at the top of the wave pool?
A. Miss Nilly
B. Miss Tilly
C. Silly Nilly
D. Silly Tilly

I won back in 2001 when they were doing the Who Wants to be a Mousekateer game on the Disney Cruise Line. My seat was picked at random from the audience to come up and play, and being under 18 I was allowed to bring up my mom to play with me. We crushed it! It did take us all our lifelines, but we won the grand prize and got a free cruise which we used in October that same year. It was a little scary because it was right after 9/11, but we had a blast. When we won, it was like being celebs for the rest of the cruise. Since everyone was at the show and saw us win, people were coming up and congratulating us all week. We even got a big fake check, definitely a lifelong memory!

We had some really easy questions early on, like the name of the stepmother in Cinderella, and Belle's father in Beauty and the Beast, but they got a lot harder.

Some of our more challenging questions during the show were:

On what Disney attraction can you hear the song, 'A Golden Dream?'
A. Journey Into Imagination
B. Hall of Presidents
C. American Adventure
D. Carousel of Progress

A. Violin
B. Cello
C. Fiddle
D. Harmonica

And the question we won the cruise on (my mom knew this one before the choices even came up, I knew it once I saw the choices)

At Disney's Typhoon Lagoon, what is the name of the marooned vessel at the top of the wave pool?
A. Miss Nilly
B. Miss Tilly
C. Silly Nilly
D. Silly Tilly

So cool:thumbsup2
Thanks for sharing !
AM I correct?

On what Disney attraction can you hear the song, 'A Golden Dream?
answer: An American Adventure

answer: Violin

answer: Miss Tilly

You got it! I only wish I had a free cruise to give you!

We had to use our lifelines on the first two questions, and our third on another I couldn't remember. Oh how I regret not writing them all down after. The last question we had no lifelines left but my mom was so confident she knew that we made a guess at it anyways, and good thing we got it because we were risking quite a bit of money. They gave out shipboard credit at the time instead of 'points' for pins and shirts. Before we won the cruise we'd banked $750 in shipboard credit, which would have dropped to $400 if we'd gotten it wrong. I believe the increments were...

$10
$25
$50
$100- Benchmark, if you got here you couldn't go lower
$200
$300
$400- Benchmark again
$500
$750
Cruise for 2

...or something like that... it was over 10 years ago!

I did not win either. I ended up here because I was trying to find where they would announce the winner. It was fun playing every day. I hope they do another similar contest soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter