Did you see Dr. Phil today? A woman was taken for 218,000 by a "catfish"

Sheree Bobbins

DIS Veteran
How do we make ourselves immune to falling for a catfish? How can we ensure that our parents won't fall for them.

It's frustrating because I like to think people are smarter than they are. To smart to be falling for a scam. Heartbreaking, too, to see them lose their life savings.

?Any thoughts.

How do we make ourselves immune to falling for a catfish? How can we ensure that our parents won't fall for them.

It's frustrating because I like to think people are smarter than they are. To smart to be falling for a scam. Heartbreaking, too, to see them lose their life savings.

?Any thoughts.
I watched what I could, I live in MD a local station is taken over by coverage of the protest, while I did feel somewhat sad for her she was also quite nasty. I didn't see the end did she finally face the truth??

Yes. It was clear at the end that the scam was a scam.
She was very mean to her step-daughter, never saw the likes of such bad behaviour.

I saw it, she was a bag of nasty wanting to live with the denial.

She sounded like she had issues besides being catfished.

Chucking her phone at the step.dd, she should be lucky she didnt get it back to the head.

I dont think it is a catfish problem as it is manipulation of a person in a vulnerable or greedy( those get rich quick Nigerian lottery) state.

It was a two parter (today was part two) and she was just as nasty yesterday. It's not a catfish, it's a 'Nigerian' scam.

I agree, that woman was pure meanness.

I supposed she was embarrassed about her actions once it became undeniable that she had been scammed but her behavior was ridiculous.

Her comments strange comments at the end made me think she is not playing with a full deck.

I think the woman has some pretty significant mental health issues and that's one reason she was able to be scammed and for so long. I felt sorry for the poor woman in the audience who was trying to help. Bless her, she just stayed calm while the woman on stage was so rude to her.

Dr. Phil has done this theme a lot lately. Kaye was rude and hateful to everyone, Even the sweet women who was scanned as well. I'm really shocked Dr. Phil didn't put her in her place. I have never seen him let anyone be so mean and hateful. She was horrible. She might wanna try to mend fences. There might come a day with her being broke that she's going to need them.

Dr. Phil has done this theme a lot lately. Kaye was rude and hateful to everyone, Even the sweet women who was scanned as well. I'm really shocked Dr. Phil didn't put her in her place. I have never seen him let anyone be so mean and hateful. She was horrible. She might wanna try to mend fences. There might come a day with her broke that she's going to need them.

I agree. He would usually be running a tighter ship, but I honestly think she had some issues, not excusing her, but hopefully she can get help and peace and get back to a good place with her step dd.

I wanted to feel sorry for her, but she was just so hateful. I can understand that she was feeling embarrassed, but she was full of hate before she was ever shown that her "love" was a fake.

I think the woman has some pretty significant mental health issues and that's one reason she was able to be scammed and for so long. I felt sorry for the poor woman in the audience who was trying to help. Bless her, she just stayed calm while the woman on stage was so rude to her.
Jeanette was the picture of graciousness and compassion - I was so impressed by her. As for Diane, while I wouldn't wish that experience on my worst enemy, it was pretty hard to feel bad for her. It's going to take some pretty magnanimous forgiveness to salvage the relationship between her and Cathy. Sad to see a family go so far off the rails...:sad2:

?Any thoughts.

Your screen name reminds me of Sharry Bobbins from the Simpsons. She was hilarious. If there's a task that must be done, don't turn your tail and run, don't pout don't sob, just do a half baked job. If you cut every corner, it's really not so bad, Everybody does it, even mom and dad. If nobody sees it, nobody gets mad, It's the American way.

Back to the subject. Even the smartest people can fall for a scam. Scam artists use greed, love, and other things against people. Heck. It doesn't necessarily take a Nigerian scam. Some people have been taken to the cleaners by their own spouse whether it was a scam the whole time or just part of it. Some have even been murdered. The only way you can "guarantee" you'll never fall for a love scam is to not love anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter