Did you receive a KTTW Card?

Checked in Nov 2-10
POFQ
Received KTTW card without asking, in fact, cast member brought them to us with our packet, and made it a point to tell us to use them and take them with us into the parks as a "backup" since the MB was still in testing. He also emphasized that we should "ABSOLUTELY" use them to pull additional FP- since we only got 3 FP+ with the MB, and since offsite guests could pull more FP, why shouldn't we be able to as well. He was from Australia, and he was delightful (and gave us a room class upgrade on check-in, as a 10th birthday present for DS!) pixiedust:

We did use the KTTW cards several times to pull FP-, but didn't use them for anything else. Used the bands for entry, room key, and charging, as well as Dining Plan & tips. We were thoroughly impressed with the MB, MDE website & app, and the FP+ experience. Can't wait for our next trip!

Leave in a few weeks for POP. Wish I knew how fast and when more resorts were going to be added. Would switch if I knew Pop was the only one for the next month.

Checked in Nov 2-10
POFQ
Received KTTW card without asking, in fact, cast member brought them to us with our packet, and made it a point to tell us to use them and take them with us into the parks as a "backup" since the MB was still in testing. He also emphasized that we should "ABSOLUTELY" use them to pull additional FP- since we only got 3 FP+ with the MB, and since offsite guests could pull more FP, why shouldn't we be able to as well. He was from Australia, and he was delightful (and gave us a room class upgrade on check-in, as a 10th birthday present for DS!) pixiedust:

We did use the KTTW cards several times to pull FP-, but didn't use them for anything else. Used the bands for entry, room key, and charging, as well as Dining Plan & tips. We were thoroughly impressed with the MB, MDE website & app, and the FP+ experience. Can't wait for our next trip!

I am REALLY glad to hear this! We're leaving for POFQ in 12 days and I'm going to ask for KTTW cards as backups. Our friends went in October and had multiple MB problems in the parks, from delayed entry to her husband's FP+ being nonexistent on his band. He wasted HOURS at various park kiosks and centers with several CM's who couldn't figure it out. They finally suggested he go back to his room and log into his computer to try pulling it up. WHAT???

I'll keep you all posted on what happens when I check in Nov 30th!

Currently staying @ pop until nov. 23. So no kttw cards. Went to do agent p @ Epcot yesterday & almost got turned away because we didn't have cards. CM said we were suppose to get them because in beta. Told we were sink or swim resort now. She ended up letting us do it anyway. Magic bands have not been a problem! Actually really like them. Low crowds is a bonus but can see not using FP- during busy times can be problem.

Just wanted to report that yesterday at AK, both of the QS locations we went to we're having MB issues and were utilizing KTTW cards in lieu of the band. At Pizzafari, the line I was in had a scanner not working so I had to use my card for our dining credits. The family next to me were having issues with their PIN number not working and a CM spent nearly 15 minutes with them trying to work it out. I saw them use their KTTW cards instead. At Flame Tree, same issues with PIN numbers and employees apologizing left and right. One guy had to shell out $50 when his band wouldn't work and he didn't have his card on him. Not sure what they would have done for guests who are no longer receiving cards.

Folks - Nov 2 reports are meaningless now.

Staring a few days ago POP stopped getting magnetized KTTW cards even if they requested them. RFID ONLY - Hence NO FP- for them!!! They can however request an FP pass card only good for the day and for the park at attractions IFF they complain about the situation.

Problem is this is to be expanded to other resorts, but nobody knows for sure when and if it will happen. Many unhappy guests.

Are those FP cards only being distributed at the parks or can you get them at the front desk?

Thanks!

Checked in at sports 11/18. Got KTTW cards. MBs worked ok except for BoG. We had our name on the FP BoG lunch no trouble there but our food order was not saved on their food screens so we had to re-enter it. A real pain in the butt.

Day of Arrival

Resort
Pop

If you received a KTTW Card
No, asked if test still going on and CM said they were only Magic Bands now. We are passholders and only here for a couple of days so I didn't press to try to get KTTW cards.

Checked in 11/14/13
POFQ
Received KTTW automatically to use as "back up"
Cards pulled FP- all week long
Checked out 11/20

Used KTTW to get in to DHS and pulled paper Fastpasses this morning. Haven't tried to use MB yet for any reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter