Did You Live With Your DW/DH Before You Got Married?

Did You Live With Your DW/DH Before You Got Married?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not only did we not live together before we gor married but we didn't even live together for the next six months! I was finishing up my job in NYC and DH took a new job in DC. We saw each other every other weekend. When I finally moved into our new home it was quite an adjustment. Not used to all that face time!

my wife and I moved in together, broke up after a year. spent 6 months apart, got engaged, moved back in together, and then married. if my daughter suggests it, I'll be reporting from death row in some FLA prison for her boyfriend's murder. :) it worked out for us, but that's my little girl we're talking about.

I wanted to live together and not marry at all.

Dh did not: "If I wanted a roommate, I'd put an ad in the paper." :scratchin

He won that one. :)

Yes, we dated for 2 years. For a year and a half it was long distance, then I moved to join him. We got engaged, bought a house, got married, and then had our first this year. in all we have been together 8 years but only married for 2.

Yep. My lease was up in May and we didn't get married until October, it seemed easiest to move in early. The funny thing is it was his parents' house at the time; they spent summers and winters living elsewhere, but for the month of October we were all there together. (We were planning to buy the house from them after we got married.)

Yes, but only for 2 weeks. We knew we were getting married in 2 weeks anyway and my college dorm was closing during Thanksgiving so I just went ahead and moved into our apartment 2 weeks earlier than planned.

We lived together for 2 1/2 years and had 2 children prior to getting married.

This thread really surprises me. Where are all those people who posted about being virgins when they got married a few months ago? That one surprised me, too, until you saw how young most of them were when they wed.

We dated a couple years, were engaged six months, then got married 23 years ago.

None of my friends lived with their boyfriends before marriage. DH had a couple close friends who did live together, and one of the pairs has been married 25 years after living together about 10.

Nope, didn't live together until we were married. Oddly, never even shared the same bed at night until then too! We lived in the same building in college, but that was as close as we got.

We lived together for about 5 years. This is my second marriage and I had 2 very young children. He was also younger than me. He has always been the most incredible father but I couldn't know that until he was with my boys 24/7. We lived together, bought a house then got married and had another son.

This is a very interesting poll but I would like to understand the numbers better. Were the people who said no against the living together part of it or the sexual relations part of it?

DH didn't want to move in together until after our marriage because he did not want his family to get on his case. He just wanted to create the appearance that we were , you know, pure as the driven snow. We didn't live together, but we might as well have.

Yep, I lived with my ex before marriage and lived with DH before marriage.

Oddly enough, my mom always encouraged living with someone before marrying. :teeth:

DH and I bought a house together after dating for a year, then after being in our house a year we got engaged. We got married 15 months after that, so we actually lived together 2 1/2 years before our wedding day. I wonder if most of the folks who didn't live together first were younger when they married?

No, didn't live together before marriage. I really hope my kids don't live with someone before they get married either - I know it sounds old fashioned but that's just the way I feel.

We got engaged then bought a home together that we moved into before we were married. I'm glad we had a few months of living together before the wedding. It was an adjustment for me as I had never lived with anyone before. When we got back from the honeymoon, we were already adjusted - it was great!

We did for two months. We had just moved to Baltimore and didn't have a lot of money and couldn't afford two apartments when we'd be getting married in two months.

We lived together for over 2 years before we were married.

We'll be married 15 years tomorrow :). :cheer2:

Teresa

I voted no....but we moved into our house on Sept. 16 and got married Sept. 30. We maintained separate bedrooms until after the wedding. I wanted our first night in our master bedroom to be after we were married.

Yup! For 3 years. I'm a great believer in test driving the car before buying. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter