Did You Know You Were Pregnant Before You "Knew?"

Yup! I could tell almost immediately following conception with my oldest! We were on heavy duty infertility meds, and after our "procedure", within 3 hours, I was vomiting, and didn't stop for 9 months. It almost put me off trying again. However with our second, I started vomiting after the procedure, but it stopped after 6 months. With my twins, I started vomiting after the procedure and stopped at 3 months.

Now, with my surprise baby, things were different. No infertility meds, no big "procedure", just no monthly visitor. I began celebrating menopause. It wasn't until my doctor called with results of my blood test that i realized I was pregnant. That was at 8 weeks. No vomiting with him! Go figure!

Yes, I did. I almost fell asleep while grocery shopping. I remember I was in the frozen food aisle and the only reason I stayed semi-alert was because I was so cold. I tested later that day :-)

With both my kids.....Would wake up and my ****s hurt....

first pregnancy i googled why do my ****s hurt? #1 response was pregnancy - took a test and positive....

2nd pregnancy I awoke to that old familiar feeling......so that was the first thing for me

Yup. I knew the night I got pregnant. I told my dh that I would get pregnant and I did.

Same here for our third child! It was a careless moment, we already had a boy and a girl and we were done. But somehow I immediately knew that our carelessness had been a very bad idea. Of course, we wouldn't trade her for the world now, so in hindsight I guess it was a good thing!

With my first (a boy) I suspected even before I missed my period because I was suddenly craving meat and vegetables where normally I crave carbs and sugar.

With my second (a girl) it felt different - I can't remember exactly how I suspected, but it was early on too.

So DH and I are planning on starting a family in the near future. And right now I'm so nervous I'm going to end up pregnant before we are ready that everytime I get a nauseous or my head hurts I freak out that I'm pregnant. I have had friends tell me that they knew they were pregnant long before they took a pregnancy test or had a doctor confirm it. I was wondering if any of you knew before the test, and if so how?

Chest hurt like hell after 2 weeks of being pregnant.

:)

I didnt find out i was prego til i was about 4 1/2 months along. Yup, thats right. 4 1/2 months! I had no symptoms, nothing. :confused3 My periods were always irregular. So that was nothing new.

I about 12 hours after my daughter was conceived. I also just *knew* she would be a girl, but that was probably more wishful thinking and hey, I had a 50/50 chance to be right about that one.

I waited a few weeks before i went to the doctor, they did a standard urine test at first and it came back negative. I said, "Do it again, your test is wrong." I was insistent, so they used a different kind of test the second time and guess what? Pregnant.

Yes. There were three things. First, one morning I got a strange metallic taste in my mouth that I had never experienced before. I also noticed the veins above my chest were more prominent than usual - ie I could see them. Then that night I went to the movies and the woman two seats over was drinking a coffee and the smell of it made me want to hurl. (And I love coffee.) I bought a pregnancy test at CVS on the way home and was both shocked and surprised to see it positive! :goodvibes I had bloodwork scheduled for the next day anyway, and that confirmed it was a strong positive.

Now the back story. Three years of infertility and lots of delays. Had hyperstimulated my ovaries with first cycle of IVF, so embryos created had to be frozen. Was convinced it would never work. Finally, six months after their conception (and in a different year), on February 4th, embryos were thawed and placed in my uterus. I had to lay still for an hour afterward and I don't think I moved an inch! The events described above occurred exactly 10 days later, on February 14th, Valentines Day, and my two babies were born 9 months later. :lovestruc

The funny part was, during my infertility, I'd bought a shopping bag full of pregnancy tests one day for a buck each. I think I'd used most of the bag and they were always negative. I'd hoped maybe they were just cheap or outdated or something, but that wasn't it. The night I had my symptoms of pregnancy, I said forget it, I'm getting a good one! :lmao: (In actuality, my language was more colorful than that. ;) ) It's hard to describe what seeing that pink line felt like at that moment, I was almost too scared to look! DH and I just stood there hugging and crying.

I think part of the reason I even noticed my symptoms is because I was so in tune to what was happening in my body. I could see how it might be very easy to overlook if you're not expecting it.

BTW I had my first ultrasound at 2 weeks to check placement (to make sure it's not a tubal pregnancy, etc.) and that's when we discovered there were two. I could barely believe my eyes seeing blood flow circulating around their "shapes". My knees began knocking there on the table, and I didn't stop shaking until after we got home.

Enjoyed reading everyone's stories - good luck, OP!

No, I never felt different or knew I was pregnant before I got a + test with all of my pregnancies.

Don't worry, if you use protection until you decide you are ready, you won't need to stress about it.

Wishing you luck when you decide it's time to start trying! :goodvibes

We had been trying for about three months. After one particular "try", I felt something like "pop rocks" in my abdomen. I remember thinking "Hmmm, I wonder if that's what conception feels like". Three days later, we had a huge snow blizzard and I was videotaping everyone playing in the snow. I said into the camera "I think I'm pregnant" and I was. The first and only time.

Confirmed a few weeks later by my MD.

All the respect & power to you folks who went through infertility treatments, ivf, etc to get pregnant. I'm pretty sure if I hadn't gotten pg every time my dh looked at me cross-eyed, we'd have just spoiled our nieces and nephews.

All the respect & power to you folks who went through infertility treatments, ivf, etc to get pregnant. I'm pretty sure if I hadn't gotten pg every time my dh looked at me cross-eyed, we'd have just spoiled our nieces and nephews.

I am not sure why you felt you needed to mention this on this thread, especially since it is full of folks who did have to resort to extraordinary measures to get pregnant. :sad2:

But with all due respect, you can not fathom the pain of infertility. Do not mimimize the struggle. I am glad it was easy for you, but I highly doubt you would have shrugged off your desire to have children and just spoiled your neices and nephews.

I'm not sure why you're offended. I am saying that I admire the strength & courage they had. I'm also saying that I think I'm a weaker, less capable person because I don't think I'd have been able to do it.

Yes, I got pregnant easily. Keeping me alive during pregnancy was the problem for us. As a result, I never had a full term pregnancy. I've never been in labor. I've never had anything other than an emergency c-section (& the scars look like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre). I've never gone home the same day as my baby.

We all have our challenges to endure. I'm saying that the ones I had, in hind sight, were ones I could bear. I don't think I could have gone through what some of you have. You are stronger than I am.

I am not minimizing their pain or struggle. I'm in awe of their strength to come through that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter