Did You Know that Mickey is also a Ship Captain? Wonder PTR **update8-18***

Before I begin with an actual PTR update I would like to share a little real life stuff!

When I left off I was feeling pretty yucky and we were preparing for a trip to CO for my brother's wedding. So here is a mini TR of our wedding trip to CO. We left on Wednesday June 25 after Bob was finished with summer school. While Bob was finished up his day, Charlotte and I went with my dad and picked up the mini-van we were renting to drive to Denver and then we dropped our dogs off with our good friend Nancy. By the time we were finished with our errands and lunch Bob was done with school and we were on the road. I was not very excited for this journey, traveling with my parents take FOREVER! They literally stop at every rest stop, McDonalds and gas station they see along the way. A constant circle of drinks then having to use the restroom. I mean it should be a 12-13 hour drive from St. Louis to Denver, it took us 21 hours!:crazy2: Its no wonder I hated vacations as a kid. We finally made it to our hotel in Denver Thursday night around 8 pm, and I was feeling awful!:sick: Bob did some research and found an urgent care that would be covered by our insurance. A little info about me, I never go to the doctor, never! However, I always get sick on non-disney vacations. I have now been to urgent cares in four states and two countries. I am kind of an expert on being sick out of town. It turns out it was just a bad sinus infection, but it was made more intense since I was not used to the altitude in Denver. I told the doctor I had four hours until the rehearsal dinner and I needed to be well. He drugged me up pretty good and I set out for the rest of the wedding weekend. The rehearsal was fantastic and causal, we left early, 8ish so that I could get a good nights sleep for the wedding day. I woke the morning of the wedding feeling almost back to normal which was great! We did all the normal get ready for the wedding things and before we knew it my baby brother was a married man! :sad: Its still hard for me to believe. I took no pictures until the wedding day, but I thought I might share a few with you, as it was a beautiful wedding location.
10452390_10100470871502011_941695090787523807_n.jpg

Charlotte was a beautiful flower girl!
10494805_10100470871606801_4937878097090616345_n.jpg

Bob, my mom and Charlotte
10500295_10100470852540011_1265558320497017660_n.jpg

My mom and I
10351758_10100470853208671_3902060072904274453_n.jpg

Mom and Charlotte dancing
10448756_10100470853857371_6270902793695066737_n.jpg

My pretty little flower girl, who was full of cupcake by this point! She kept talking various people into giving her a cupcake, I seriously have no idea how many she finally had.
10440670_10100470871691631_5360177239999210984_n.jpg

This is what a night full of cupcakes and dancing looks like!
It was a great time! We left the next afternoon to come home, and by the time we were on our way home I was feeling much better. And, on the upside the ride home only took 18 hours:crazy2: I seriously can not explain how it take so long to get everywhere with them.

After returning home from CO we had a great 4th weekend. We kicked it off by going to the Muny (a local outdoor theater) to see Disney's Tarzan with AprilRnee and STLMickeyMom and her girls. The show was just okay, although Charlotte's review was too many monkey's not enough piggys. The next day we got together with STLMickeyMom and her girls again for a little cake hunting. It is St. Louis' 250 birthday and all around the city there are 250 birthday cake sculptures. Charlotte and I have made it our summer goal to hit all 250(we are on 75!), STLMickeyMom and her girls are working towards seeing all of them too. So we thought it would be fun to look for some together. We had a great outing with them! Cake hunting has seriously been so much fun! I have been to so many places I would have never thought to visit and seen so much of this city I have lived in my entire life. On the actual 4th we went to 2 BBQs, went swimming and saw fireworks, it was a fun but busy day. On Saturday we saw 17 more cakes. Then we rounded out an extra long holiday with going to Six Flags (they had a cake too) on Tuesday. Charlotte loved it! Her favorite ride was the log flume and we had a great day, with almost no lines!

So, now that my little life update is over, I will get into some more cruise planning.

After choosing an itinerary and a ship it was time to choose a stateroom. I love and hate that DCL lets you pick your exact stateroom. I spent lots of time reading reviews for each room and trying to decide which room category. On our previous cruise we had an inside stateroom and it was fine, I had no problem with no natural light. My DH booked that trip all on his own long before I had any idea there was a Disboards out there. I was uneducated about Disney travel. He just went with the default room in the cheapest category. Now I know better, you have to do your research, and this time we will have a kiddo with us, one that presumably will still nap. My first thought was to go with the inside deluxe stateroom, but then we decided to take a look at that rooms with balconies. The rooms with the navigators veranda was not out of the price range. I thought it would be nice to have the veranda so we can sit out there, read and relax while Charlotte sleeps. So I read every review I could find for the rooms with navigators veranda's and I finally settled on one! It took me forever! Like I said I both love and hate having the ability to pick my exact room. Its really a lot of pressure! I am however thrilled that we will have a balcony, I think it will give us just a little extra space and a place to go if we don't need to rest as much as Charlotte.:cloud9:

Anyway, thats all for now. I will be back soon with more!

Aww, your sweet flower girl is so darn cute!

Sorry about getting sick.... that stinks!

And I would recommend getting a balcony with a napping kid if you can swing it! There is something special about sitting on the balcony with the open seas in front of you~

The pictures of Charlotte during the sugar high and crash are cracking me up! But as always, she looks adorable!

We had a blast hanging out with you too. The girls already asked when they could play with Charlotte again!

I'm glad you got your room choice all figured out. Now I know who to call when we have to pick ours!

Adorable flower girl!!

I'm so jealous of all y'all's cake hunting! Looks like so much fun! I love seeing all the photos!

Yay for finding a room you like. A balcony sounds lovely!

Lol love that you don't even know how many cupcakes she had!
And yes, Tarzan was "ok" ...ish.

Ok it was boring. You and Lori's poor kids, I felt sorry for them. I was bored and I'm a grown up. Lol

And yay for a room choice! :)

Aww, your sweet flower girl is so darn cute!

Sorry about getting sick.... that stinks!

And I would recommend getting a balcony with a napping kid if you can swing it! There is something special about sitting on the balcony with the open seas in front of you~
awe thank you! I totally think a balcony is necessary with a napping kiddo, or least that is how I sold it to Bob:rotfl:
The pictures of Charlotte during the sugar high and crash are cracking me up! But as always, she looks adorable!

We had a blast hanging out with you too. The girls already asked when they could play with Charlotte again!

I'm glad you got your room choice all figured out. Now I know who to call when we have to pick ours!
Thank you! I keep thinking we need to get together again soon!
I am totally cataloging all of my planing for the cruise for you!

Adorable flower girl!!

I'm so jealous of all y'all's cake hunting! Looks like so much fun! I love seeing all the photos!

Yay for finding a room you like. A balcony sounds lovely!
Thank you! The cake hunting has been so much fun! More on that soon...:thumbsup2
Lol love that you don't even know how many cupcakes she had!
And yes, Tarzan was "ok" ...ish.

Ok it was boring. You and Lori's poor kids, I felt sorry for them. I was bored and I'm a grown up. Lol

And yay for a room choice! :)[/
Sadly, Charlotte has learned how to use her cuteness to manipulate others to give her things like endless cupcakes, but they were really small... So it's okay right?

Yeah, Tarzan not great! However, the other day Charlotte was talking about her friends and she said I love seeing Tarzan with Hannah and Maddison, but next time I hope Caden comes!:love: so cute! The other night I saw suessical, it was amazing! Maybe, my favorite Muny show ever!

Awww!! So sweet! We need to plan another play date for them!
Wasn't Seussical so good? Omg I loved it!

So I have been totally MIA, we have been so busy enjoying this summer! I wanted to give a little update about what has kept me away from the DIS the last few weeks!

First of all, we celebrated my birthday, and it was a good one! Bob took me out to dinner and a movie. We saw Million Dollar Arm starting my most fav. celebrity ever, Jon Hamm! He is so good in everything and the best thing about him, he is from St. Louis and a BIG cardinals fan! At dinner Bob gave me my gift, VIP tickets to Jon Hamm night at the Cardnials game! Which means before the game, I will get to meet him! OMG!:love: I am so excited! The only thing is I am kind of nervous, I am not sure what to say to him when I meet him? But, it was a great birthday.

The night after my birthday we left for the beach. I am not a beach vacation lover, but my in-laws and DH love the beach. Since my in-laws rent the condo and invite everyone to come down, it makes it a nice affordable way to get a vacation in while still saving most funds for Disney! So, I am okay with that. Anyway, my SIL's husband could not get off work for the trip, and we did not want her driving all the way to FL with her 2 year old alone so we rented a van. DH, SIL, DD, my nephew and I all rode down together. We had a plan to drive through the night and hope the two kids sleep. We pulled out of the driveway at 9pm with a very full van! The kids finally fell asleep about midnight. We made it to our destination in 13 hours! Not bad and the kids did great. My nephew is 2 and had never seen any Disney movie, none!:scared1: Now, I am not one to judge another's parenting style, but this is just wrong!:rotfl: So, being the great aunt I am, I fixed the situation by bringing along plenty of classics, Toy Story, Lilo and Stitch, Frozen, Tangled and the Little Mermaid. My nephew loved Frozen and Tangled! Charlotte and Ben (my nephew) played "Tangled" all week! Okay, a little off topic there sorry!
So, we got to Navarre Beach, FL (that was the beach we were going to) and had a great week enjoying the beach and weather. Here are some of my favorite pics (if you are Face Book friends with me sorry you have already seen these):
936666_10100492350682561_1660670959553838149_n.jpg

10458546_10100492350822281_4255025408694181302_n.jpg

10525680_10100492350907111_3306724767485469883_n.jpg

10449916_10100492351026871_5654403210090903561_n.jpg

10363383_10100492351271381_2804859211249244319_n.jpg

10537041_10100488397205361_6507997597683417948_n.jpg

10352839_10100487529229791_7589041945467093121_n.jpg

The kids tried to bury Bob, but gave up as it was taking a very long time, so he finished the job himself!

10557372_10100487527438381_2472013358655831216_n.jpg

We had a good time. I already said this but I am not a beach person, I hate sand and I hate water things live in, its just not for me. I got into the water three times on this trip. The first day I went in and saw a jelly fish, not happening, so I got right back out. Then the next time I got a bunch of seaweed wrapped around my legs , yuck no way! Then I tried one more time and got a little farther out. A wave broke right where I was standing and pulled me under. DH had to run over and help me get up. I swallowed so much salt water, I threw up. I prefer pools! Evidently so does Charlotte. The pic above was the only time she went in the ocean that was as far as she went and she only did that one day. If you are looking for a nice beach destination, I highly recommend Navarre, it is really nice and quiet and relaxing. If you enjoy that type of trip:rolleyes2 Oh, and wouldn't you know it, exactly one week after we got home a shark came to shore EXACTLY where we were. You know that pic of Bob holding Charlotte with the pier in the background? That is where the shark was!!!!:scared1:

So after returning home, with no shark bites or Urgent care visits:cool1: (last time we were there I went to the Urgent care for shingles) Bob still had one week left before going back to school! This is the first year ever Bob took off more than just the week we go on vacation in the summer. He is usually at work doing workshops or meeting with his college class all summer long. He was a little burnt out this year, so he took three full weeks off! And it was awesome! We decided to continue our quest for cakes. I mentioned in my last update Charlotte and I were on a quest to locate all 250 St. Louis birthday cakes located all over the St. Louis area for the 250th birthday of St. Louis. When we left for FL we were on cake 102 and we are now on 152, so in one week we saw 50 cakes! We have been all over the place! I have lived in St. Louis my entire life, and I had no idea some of these neat places existed. Seriously, I love St. Louis, but I had no idea it was this fun! So, I thought I would share with you a couple of my favorite "caking" pics:
10410318_10100494973646121_1003828800217161696_n.jpg

What a perfect view!

10527443_10100483545902411_9040985306641911083_n.jpg

10383666_10100495929460661_6095305037873598433_n.jpg

10590620_10100497245373561_6205884932190913536_n.jpg

So, if you were having troubling picturing what these cake looked like, here is a visual for you! These cakes have been taking up all of our spare time. We even have been giving up our movie nights to cake! But, its been fun and we have less than 100 to go!
I started thinking, Charlotte really need a special Cake hunting shirt, but I just could not find the right design, so I used Denovagirl's freezer paper tutorial to paint a caking shirt. I thought it turned out pretty good for my first attempt at using this method:
DSC_0080_zps9a8d0264.jpg

So, that is what I have been up to. I have not had a lot of time for Disney planning, but I will get back to that soon! Until then, I am touring my home town!

Even if you don't love the beach, you have to love beach pictures!

So. freakin'. adorable... that little one of yours! And I LOVE all the outfits you clearly made for her for the beach. You are so very talented!

Although, you know you should never swim near piers. That's just a recipe for shark sightings (Fishing usually occurs off those piers which often includes live bait... which sharks love!)! There- that's my shark advice from the shark queen! Hahahahaha!!!!

That is very cool about Mr. Hamm. I will even go so far as it's cool enough to forgive the fact that you are a Cards fan! (go Cubs!). Ok- I know, stop laughing. We may have a sucky team but dang it, our loyalty runs deep!!! :thumbsup2

Great update! Shark and all!

Love the cake hunting shirt! Cute!! And I noticed you were at 150ish the other day. I'm so impressed!! I'm living vicariously thru you. Kinda wishing we had started it but I feel like it's too late now and there's no way we'd ever find them all. And I'm too lazy I think. Lol

Ok I'm not really a big "lay around vacation" type but I do love the beach. It's so beautiful and peaceful and the sound of the ocean makes me so happy. Surprisingly I don't have a fear of the things in the ocean. I have a fear of bugs in my house but the ocean doesn't phase me. Lol. Weird.

I love that pic of charlotte with her sunglasses and swimsuit. she looks so sassy!

I can't believe you're so far with the cakes! jealous!! and I love the cake shirt--it turned out great!!

Even if you don't love the beach, you have to love beach pictures!

So. freakin'. adorable... that little one of yours! And I LOVE all the outfits you clearly made for her for the beach. You are so very talented!

Although, you know you should never swim near piers. That's just a recipe for shark sightings (Fishing usually occurs off those piers which often includes live bait... which sharks love!)! There- that's my shark advice from the shark queen! Hahahahaha!!!!

That is very cool about Mr. Hamm. I will even go so far as it's cool enough to forgive the fact that you are a Cards fan! (go Cubs!). Ok- I know, stop laughing. We may have a sucky team but dang it, our loyalty runs deep!!! :thumbsup2

Great update! Shark and all!
Thank you, I do love the beach pics!

Haha! I think cards and cubs fan can get along, when their primary love is Disney!:rotfl2:

Oh and don't worry we were just using the pier for photos, not for swimming. We only got in the ocean by our condo a ways down the beach...still too close to the shark for me though!

Love the cake hunting shirt! Cute!! And I noticed you were at 150ish the other day. I'm so impressed!! I'm living vicariously thru you. Kinda wishing we had started it but I feel like it's too late now and there's no way we'd ever find them all. And I'm too lazy I think. Lol

Ok I'm not really a big "lay around vacation" type but I do love the beach. It's so beautiful and peaceful and the sound of the ocean makes me so happy. Surprisingly I don't have a fear of the things in the ocean. I have a fear of bugs in my house but the ocean doesn't phase me. Lol. Weird.

Haha!:rotfl: you can still do the cakes you already have two done, grants far and purina farms;). You have until Dec 31!

I love that pic of charlotte with her sunglasses and swimsuit. she looks so sassy!

I can't believe you're so far with the cakes! jealous!! and I love the cake shirt--it turned out great!!

Thank you! I am sure you will catch up to us with the cakes you guys are rocking and rolling!:rotfl2:

So, let's just call 2014 the year where NOTHING goes according to plan!

It's really starting to be funny because no matter what I have planned for this year something has come along and stopped my plan right in its tracks! We will most likely be canceling our cruise, because on Friday I found out......
?
?
?
?
?
.?
Big news is coming....
wait for it...
What could it be?

.​

baby #2 is on its way!:banana::love::cloud9:
Due approx. April 20th!

This has totally taken me by surprise, we were going to start trying in Jan, and well, you know the rest! So, I can not cruise in March because it's too close to the due date!

Despite the fact that this is about 6 months earlier than I planned I am totally thrilled! We haven't been to the Dr yet and we will wait until then to officially announce and cancel, but it looks like this trip will once again be postponed! So, I will be closing this PTR as well. We are still planning and saving for a big trip in 2016, so look for me to start a PTR around this time next year for our next trip as a family of 4! Whoa, that sounds unbelievable right now! But trust me...that one IS happening!

this is very important... If you know me in real life or on FB, this is a secret for afew more weeks,. I was just so excited and had to share somewhere!

:yay: :yay: :hug: :hug: :hug: :yay: :yay:

I'm so freakin excited for you!!! Of course, it's sad to cancel a trip but this is news that's even better then Disney plans!! Congratulations!!!!!

Awww, CONGRATS!!! That is such awesome news!!!!
:cloud9::lovestruc:yay:

End of April is a GREAT time to have a baby. I have an April 27th baby..and don't forget- their birthstone is DIAMOND which is awesome for mommy on any birthstone jewelry. :)

Congrats again. So happy for your family!

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! OMG!!!!!

BEST. NEWS. EVER!!!!!!

This is so great! I'm so happy for you! One of very few reasons I would be more than happy to postpone a trip for!

What does Charlotte think? Have you shared with her yet?

Ahhhhhh!!!!! That's so wonderful!! And I'm sure a small relief cause there's no more "is this the right time? Should we wait a few more months?" Nope! It's the right time!! Decision has been made! Yay!!!

And April is a wonderful birthday month! Caden's is the 18th :)

Congrats!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

:yay: :yay: :hug: :hug: :hug: :yay: :yay:

I'm so freakin excited for you!!! Of course, it's sad to cancel a trip but this is news that's even better then Disney plans!! Congratulations!!!!!
Thank you! I could not be happier, I was really nervous about having #2, but I guess God knew we are ready! This time around I am not really that sad about canceling this trip, I am really thrilled about our new blessing!:love:

Awww, CONGRATS!!! That is such awesome news!!!!
:cloud9::lovestruc:yay:

End of April is a GREAT time to have a baby. I have an April 27th baby..and don't forget- their birthstone is DIAMOND which is awesome for mommy on any birthstone jewelry. :)

Congrats again. So happy for your family!
Thank you! I think April will be a great month! I love the fact that it will still be cool weather when I get big and whale-like, but it will most likely not be snowy or icy on the way to the hospital ( although in MO) you really never know! I didn't think about the Diamond thing, but great point! I love me some diamonds :rotfl2:
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! OMG!!!!!

BEST. NEWS. EVER!!!!!!

This is so great! I'm so happy for you! One of very few reasons I would be more than happy to postpone a trip for!

What does Charlotte think? Have you shared with her yet?

Thank you! I am thrilled! It's a pretty great reason to postpone a trip! Bob over course is over the moon too!

We told Charlotte Friday afternoon, twice. At first she said, noooo I like it just momma daddy bastian and Daphne. Then later we mentioned it again and she said a baby would be okay if I am still a baby too! So, maybe she will come around, :sad2:
Ahhhhhh!!!!! That's so wonderful!! And I'm sure a small relief cause there's no more "is this the right time? Should we wait a few more months?" Nope! It's the right time!! Decision has been made! Yay!!!

And April is a wonderful birthday month! Caden's is the 18th :)

Congrats!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:
Thank you so much! Yeah we spent a lot of time going back and forth, should we or shouldn't we, but God stepped in and told us, it's time!:love:

I love the idea of an April baby, seems like a great month!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter