Did you know? Sea World and Southwest discount

bjscheel

(Avatar art by my daughter)
I'm checking out discounts for Sea World San Diego tickets and came across this on mousesavers:

Southwest Airlines Discount

Show your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards card at the ticket booth and get 20% off a regular one-day admission. Do the math: this is frequently the best discount available. Limit 4 admissions per card. It is FREE to join Rapid Rewards, and you can get your membership number instantly when you sign up on the Southwest website. Hit the print button when it pops up. SeaWorld will accept a computer printout of your Rapid Rewards card (you don’t have to wait for the “real” one to arrive in the mail). Although this offer disappeared from the Southwest website in late 2009, it is still valid in 2013.

Thought I would share here in case it helps someone. I'm thinking we will go with the CityPass, though. We want 3 day PH at DL, and Sea World tickets. For us the CityPass will cost $1224. The DL tickets are $1000 purchased separately, and the SW tickets with the Rapid Rewards discount are $249, so it's still cheaper to do CityPass even for doing just those two parks.

Anybody have any better deal for 3 day PH + SW tickets?

My only concern is that both deals mentioned above are 1 day tickets to SW. We will only be in San Diego 2.5 days, but we are staying next door to Sea World at The Dana (without a car), and only planning to do Mission Beach, Sea World, and Mission Bay Park. I was wondering if we might want to pop over to Sea World on more than one day. 4 multiday tickets on the SW website total $312, so $88 more than City Pass. Not sure if it's necessary to spend the extra for the freedom to return on another day.

Here is a snippets from Sea Worlds website. It might help you get a 2nd day free at Sea World with your CityPass.

PLEASE NOTE: The SeaWorld San Diego 2nd Visit Free ticket is only available when purchasing your 2013 CityPASS online and requires you to visit SeaWorld San Diego first. The 2013 CityPASS is valid for visits on or after 1/1/2013.

I did see that, but we are going to DL first. Might help someone else, though!

I just checked their Southwest Promotions and they have the tickets there for purchase. The current promo I have seen for SW is pay for one day get 7 days. The tickets come to $65.70 for adults and 58.50 for kids.

I also found a coupon for adult tickets at kid prices. I think those are the only discounts for SW SD out there right now.

Thank you!! I will take a look at this. We were considering the Go SanDiego card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter