did you join this board before or after 1st trip and

diazwoman

Earning My Ears
how has it changed the way you "do WDW"?

I am thankful I found this board before my first trip (19 days to go) I have learned so much and feel I will be so much better prepared and thus able to enjoy my trip,

How about you all?

how has it changed the way you "do WDW"?

I am thankful I found this board before my first trip (19 days to go) I have learned so much and feel I will be so much better prepared and thus able to enjoy my trip,

How about you all?

I joined or rather found these boards right before my first disney trip and have been on here ever since. I have learned many great tips and tools to further enjoy my disney vacations- hey they are the only vacations that I take, yea I am addicted. The people are great on these boards and are always willing to answer any questions that you have. Now that I have gained so much knowledge I am ready to help the rookiers because I would consider myself a veteran on these boards.

I joined a few month sbefore our first time going with DS. DH and I went on our honeymoon and a couple of years later, but there was nearly a 6 year gap in between so I figured I better figure out "the right way" to do WDW with kids. :thumbsup2

I wish I would've joined these boards earlier. The money and time that I would've saved!
With all my trips I figured I knew all about touring Disney. I was wrong. I didn't even know about codes!!!

I have gone to WDW 13 times before joining these boards. On all of those trips I did not make ONE ADR. I joined these boards, made a few for my first trip after that and now have one for every day for my upcoming trip.

Thanks DIS! :thumbsup2

i joined after my first trip and I am sooo glad I found this place! Our trips have gotten so much better since I learned how to truly plan a WDW vacation. The quality of our trips have greatly improved since our first time there, and we get so much more out of them. Not to mention more bang for the buck!

Iam very grateful for finding this sight a couple months before we went on our first trip in 20 years. This was the first trip for the kids and because of these boards we were able to see almost everything. We were well prepared and had an amazing time.

We did 3 trips before I found these boards. Our style of touring has definitely changed but that could be partly because the kids are now older also. Since I am so much more knowledgeable now, we are able to take advantage of so much more. But... I do feel I have lost something too. We used to just go and do what we wanted when we wanted. Though I try not to be too commando, I still feel that things are a little too overplanned now. I start getting anxious if DH decides mid day he wants to go in a direction that was completely different from what "the plan" was. When I didn't have a plan, it didn't matter.

I found this place a couple months before our very 1st trip. It helped a lot. We are planning another trip in September and I have been OBSESSED w/planning this time around! I have learned so much. DH thinks I'm a little nutty.:banana:

I found this board as I was starting to plan our second trip to WDW. I have learned so much already and can't wait to try everything out.

Personal computers, let alone the internet, did not even exist at the time of my first trip! :surfweb:

i have not been to wdw yet..im going for the first trip in 22 days!!! i just joined a couple days ago. there is so much here..i need to learn to go through it .now i will be searching for ways to save $ since this trip is going to cost an arm and a leg .(i have a big family)

I found this looooooong after my first trip. I've definitely used some of the tips I've discovered on here, but that's really the only thing that has changed. Our touring plans for WDW have always worked in the past, so unless they stop working, I don't see the need to change anything.

I found this board as I was looking up Disney stuff for our honeymoon in 2001. I hadn't been to WDW since '96 and that was living there with the CP. It took our honeymoon and a family trip the following year for me to really get how to utilize these boards. I belonged to another board which I relied on more until 2003 but people got too concieted and self-righteous on there that a lot of us left. I've been living on here ever since, and not just all for WDW stuff! I can't tell you all of the things I've learned on here and continue to learn on a weekly basis!

DSis and I went to WDW 4 years ago and I didn't know about the DIS then. Last summer DH and I went (my 2nd trip, his 1st) and I didn't join the DIS until a few weeks after our trip. I had some questions about joining DVC and the DIS members were so helpful in our decision. For our recent trip, I utilized the DIS a lot!! It is so wonderful and a wealth of information! :cloud9:

When we first went no we didn't join, internet what internet back then. Then we found it and just read the site didn't join. Forgot about it for a few years then came back and joined.

I didn't find this board until after our first family trip. I was clueless as to what I was missing! I love the DIS even though it's my personal enabler!!! LOL! :thumbsup2

I found the DIS after I started planning our upcoming trip in September. This will be my umpteenth trip to the World and my DH's 5th or 6th. It has been very helpful. I also have the Unofficial Disney Guide and it was been a dream. That's actually where I got the idea to take the monorail to one of the resorts from MK for dinner since I couldn't get ressies in the park for my birthday. :)

Love all the friendly people here!! It's a great and magical place. A good way to get through the waiting process for the next trip :goodvibes

After. I'm guessing I searched for a message board after I became hooked on WDW.

No, this board hasn't changed how I do WDW. I don't plan remotely as much as most of the people here seem to. I just don't find it necessary. I think if I followed much of the advice given here I'd be a big, tired, neurotic mess. ;) :rotfl2:

Personal computers, let alone the internet, did not even exist at the time of my first trip! :surfweb:

Same here. I've been to WDW three previous times.

I joined about a month before our first family trip. Actually, the day I joined happened to be my wedding anniversary :p So September 18 will be my 1st year DIS anniversary and my 8th wedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter