Did you honeymoon in WDW???

Hi! We stayed at the Howard Johnsons in October 1983. We are now married
almost 23 years-this October will be our 23rd and to celebrate I am running in the Chicago Marathon. We have been back to Disney many times-we are going in April for our 25th trip I think. (It might be our 26th-can't remember!)Now we usually stay on site-BW,YC,AKL,CR,GF,WL-All are my favorites!!!!!I can't pick just one...... :lovestruc

We first went on a 7 day cruise, and then to WDW for 3-4 days, this was 1988!

We stayed at CBR in October 93 for our honeymoon. 1 week at WDW and 1 week in New Orleans. All paid by BIL. The BEST wedding gift.

We have much better planning tools now. We have been back a few times and are planning a Dec 2006 trip with the kids.

I only know (personally) 2 other couples that Honeymooned at Disney.

Wow, you are all making me feel really old. We honeymooned in Fort Lauderdale in 1973 but stopped at WDW on our way back home. Just one day in MK and then drove to the FL/GA state line to spend the night. But it was the beginning of my love for Disney. I've been back eleven times since then and have another trip planned for this November. My DH has had enough Disney until the grandchildren are old enough (first one will be born in September). Now my adult DD shares my trips with me. What great memories. I also posted about my honeymoon trip on the "Who went to WDW in the 70's" thread. I'll never get enough...always one of my favorite vacations.

We honeymooned at Disneyworld last march. We went the cheap route and stayed at All Star Sports, we weren't at the room much anyways so why spend a bundle on a room to store our luggage? It rained on us all week but we still had a blast!!! Going again this may. Can't wait. :woohoo:

Stayed at the Disney Villas and then did the Disney cruise (back when it was Premier and the big red boat). We have been back to Disney World many many times since, but never back to the Disney Villas. Does our stay at Saratoga Springs count as going back to the Villas?

We "Disneymooned" last September and didn't even consider anything else, other than maybe doing a different park (DL or Paris).

We drove down, stayed concierge at WL for 2 nights, then did the Land & Sea and stayed at Beach Club and when we got back from the cruise, DH surprised me with a night at GF.

It was AMAZING!!! I'm already pestering for a 10th anniversary vow renewal!

We went to WDW for our honeymoon in 2003. Stayed offsite at Embassy Suites LBV. We have gone back every year since and going again in 41 days. Thank goodness my husband is a DW fan. It was his suggestion to go there for our honeymoon and he is 53 :)

I had never been there before we went for our honeymoon and now I am hooked. :yay:

We spent our honeymoon at CRB in 1993 and then went on The BIG RED BOAT!!! We were like 2 little kids!!! However, it's much more fun now going with our children. And the cruise is much better now that Disney owns it's own ships!!

:lovestruc We honeymooned way back in 1989 at the Grand Flordian and have been back too many times to count. Now we take 5 kids with us, but we sneak away every few years by ourselves to relive the early days. We have tried to stay in every hotel on property, just for the fun of it. We love the Dis.

He went to WDW for our honeymoon in June of 2000. We stayed at the CBR and loved every minute of it. We woke up when we wanted. We went to the parks when we wated. We decided on which park to visit that day by which bus showed up first. It was a very relaxing trip to Disney. We are going back to Disney in 27 days. We will be bringing our 3 year old little boy, and I will be almost 5 months pregnant. We wanted our ds to have one trip he could call his own.

Megan

We had a disney "fairytale" honeymoon. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort.
We have not been back to WDW yet...but are ready to go back!

1983 off site........still got the fridge magnets they must be antiques by now!
Ohhh and the same DH!! :rotfl2: :Pinkbounc :rotfl2: He's getting a little moth eared too......... :love:

We stayed at the GF in a garden view room and it was the best ever. We still talk about it today.

From our balcony in Big Pine Key we could see the beautiful flowers and if we looked to the right we could see a part of Seven Seas Lagoon.

We're going back in 38 days for our 10th Anniversary with our 3 girls. We were going to go back to GF but chose to try a new resort just for the fun of it.

We have a GF cookie jar that we received as a present on our honeymoon and when the kids see the GF they say, "There's the cookie jar".

Our 2nd trip to WDW was our honeymoon (as our first trip HOOKED US!).

8 nights--Sept. 1999 (hot hot hot) at the POFQ back when it was just Port Orleans. We love that resort! Did the WDW parks, US two day, and then SW the last day. Been back to US and SW once since--we can't seem to get enough of our WDW though!

Looked into DVC on our HM and couldn't do the cost at the time (even though we seem to make a trip every year). Bought BCV sight unseen in 2003 and we love it! Can't wait for our December trip!

My DH and I didn't get a honeymoon, but took a honeymoon/anniversary trip over our 1st anniversary in 6/96. A friend at work asked what we had done for our honeymoon and when I said nothing, we couldn't afford it, she offered us two round-trip first class tickets anywhere in the US that a certain airline flew! We chose WDW and the rest is history! Even with the free airline tickets, we were broke, so we stayed off-site (a Marriott, I believe) but spent most of our time at the parks. It was magical! We are now going back in May with our 2 children (8, 5). I guess I didn't think 10 years ago that the next time I was there I would be a Mom ~ LOL. So... this is our 11th anniversary (celebrating 1 month early), but it is our 10 year anniversary of that magical trip for our honeyversary!
princess: Kitsel

We are having both our wedding and honeymoon at WDW! Only 14 more days until our wedding...we can't wait!! :cloud9: :woohoo: I'm sure we will be back for many anniversaries.

Laura :bride:

WDWINJUNE! said:
We are having both our wedding and honeymoon at WDW! Only 14 more days until our wedding...we can't wait!! :cloud9: :woohoo: I'm sure we will be back for many anniversaries.

Laura :bride:

Congratulations and have a magical wedding with the mouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter