• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did you have one of these at your wedding reception?

C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
DD, her DH, and my granddaughter attended a wedding last weekend on a tour boat.. Instead of the usual champagne fountain, the bride and groom had a chocolate fountain!! There were all kinds of fruits, nuts, pretzels, cookies, marshmallows, and everything else you could imagine available for chocolate dipping.. Evidently it was quite the hit!

I asked about the brides dress - they talked about the chocolate fountain..

I asked about the flowers - they talked about the chocolate fountain..

I asked about the ceremony - they talked about the chocolate fountain..

I asked about the dinner - they talked about the chocolate fountain..

I asked what it was like - seeing their friend again after ten long years - and...they talked about the chocolate fountain..

So if you want to make a big hit - and you don't want anyone to remember anything else about your wedding, find yourself a chocolate fountain!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I went to a Mother's Day Brunch last year and they had one of these. It did happen to be in a hall where they host wedding receptions...

And it was a big hit - everyone loved it.

We had one at a work function--it kept us entertained for hours. I want one of those things for my house! EVERYTHING is better dipped in chocolate, IMO.

A local catering company set one up at the home show this Spring. It really was the coolest thing ever! I couldn't stop looking at it. (O.k. I did a little more than look, but it really was cool).

Denae

My DH and I went to Tunica, MS a few weeks ago. While there we had the weekend brunch at the Gold Strike. They not only had a huge chocolate fountain but they were also serving mimosas! Now that is what I call a brunch! If would have known about chocolate fountains when I got married I would have had one!

You know, when I picture heaven, it's a lot like a chocolate fountain!

I went on a cruise with the WHOLE family (cousins, aunts, uncle, grandparents, etc.=16 people total). They were supposed to have a chocolate fountain at the midnight buffet. That was all my 10 y.o. cousin talked about for months before the cruise. He was so excited. All he wanted to see was this fountain. The night of the midnight buffet, the head waiter went over to their table and said that they broke the chocolate fountain. My cousin was so crushed. Thats ok though because all the ice cream and the rock climbing wall made up for it. :cool1:

As a very recent bride (4 weeks on Saturday!), I just had to chime in to this thread.

Chocolate fountains are VERY popular at weddings right now. They have milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate :banana:

As a total choco-holic, I thought this would be the perfect thing for my wedding! So...we went to a bridal show and they had probably 10 different companies that provided chocolate fountains for wedding receptions. While we were standing at the booth, asking the salesman all our questions, we witnessed the following:

1) A woman came up and dipped a strawberry in the fountain. She then proceeded to drip chocolate all over herself, the table and the floor as she tried to eat the rather large strawberry in one bite.

2) A little girl came up to the fountain and took a marshmallow, put it in the fountain, took a big bite of it, and then put the SAME marshmallow back in to the fountain for some more chocolate.

3) Another little girl came up to the fountain and asked her mom if she could have a chocolate strawberry. The mom said no, so she stuck her hand in the fountain instead...took it out...licked it...and PUT IT BACK IN! :crazy2:

We had only been standing there maybe 10 minutes and all these things had happened! I was so grossed out that we quickly decided against the chocolate fountain and served chocolate covered strawberries with our cake instead. :)

#1 Mickey Fan said:
As a very recent bride (4 weeks on Saturday!), I just had to chime in to this thread.

Chocolate fountains are VERY popular at weddings right now. They have milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate :banana:

As a total choco-holic, I thought this would be the perfect thing for my wedding! So...we went to a bridal show and they had probably 10 different companies that provided chocolate fountains for wedding receptions. While we were standing at the booth, asking the salesman all our questions, we witnessed the following:

1) A woman came up and dipped a strawberry in the fountain. She then proceeded to drip chocolate all over herself, the table and the floor as she tried to eat the rather large strawberry in one bite.

2) A little girl came up to the fountain and took a marshmallow, put it in the fountain, took a big bite of it, and then put the SAME marshmallow back in to the fountain for some more chocolate.

3) Another little girl came up to the fountain and asked her mom if she could have a chocolate strawberry. The mom said no, so she stuck her hand in the fountain instead...took it out...licked it...and PUT IT BACK IN! :crazy2:

We had only been standing there maybe 10 minutes and all these things had happened! I was so grossed out that we quickly decided against the chocolate fountain and served chocolate covered strawberries with our cake instead. :)

I would think that the caterer would have an attendant at the fountain who would take the items the diner would want to try, dip them, and place them on a plate. Eliminates the mess and double-dipping.

Denae

my friends had one at their wedding. the flower girl was COVERED in chocolate.

it was great.

I don't really see a huge double dipping issue because the ones i've seen don't really involve dipping. you sorta run the 'treat' under the chocolate that is flowing like a faucet.

Mmmmm....chocolate fountain.....*drools*

At the buffet they did have an attendant at the fountain. I did see the attendant tell someone that they could only dip once. They also had plates of already dipped items.

RadioNate said:
I don't really see a huge double dipping issue because the ones i've seen don't really involve dipping. you sorta run the 'treat' under the chocolate that is flowing like a faucet.

Yes, but where do you think the chocolate that flowed over top of the double-dipped food item goes? It gets re-pumped back up through the fountain again, just like the way regular water fountains work!

I agree they sure do sound like a fun thing to have, but the double-dipping possibilities tend to gross me out a bit!

we had one at a work function about a month ago. in addition to all the regular stuff to dip, they also had rice krispie treats!!!!!!!! :teeth:

Can I purchase a miniature one of these :):) reading this makes me want CHOCOLATE!!!!!

The chocolate fountain is the only thing I don't remember from my wedding 14 years ago. :confused3

I was so busy talking with out of town friends and family and dancing that I never made it to the far side of the hotel ballroom where we had our reception to see the table with the chocolate fountain. Lots of guests said they liked it, and I have seen it in my wedding photos so I know it was there. During our honeymoon, we were sitting on the beach in Barbados when it suddenly occurred to me that not only did I not see the chocolate fountain, I didn't even get to taste any of it. :sad2:

They're pretty common around here. They usually have milk chocolate, though, so I pass.

Going to a wedding next Friday that will have one. I guess they are "the thing" to have now.

We had a chocolate fountain at our work Christmas party two years ago. IT WAS SO FRUSTRATING because we were all dressed up and I was just sure I was going to end up wearing chocolate, or with it all over my face. We all had to act to dignified, when I really wanted to lick my plate!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter