• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

did you guys notice fastpass+ and manage magic band is finally up

I have a trip booked for September with DVC points (first trip as DVC members), but we took a package trip on cash in May, and the KTTW cards from May are showing in the Magic Bands section. I haven't purchased our tickets for September so this makes some sense.

Have a good laugh on me...

I'm one of the "over 60" crowd. This thread is soooooo over my head. I am pathetic!

I feel like a Martian who just landed on earth 2 minutes ago! :confused3

Yup! Totally clueless! :goodvibes

The more I read about this, the more confused I get - are these options for EVERYONE? If I see it, am I supposed to try it? Ignore it? I don't particularly want it, but, if I will have to use it, I just as soon pick my rides and be done. At first I thought it was just there to be there, but now I'm wondering if this actually means something, or if i have been "chosen" to test... :confused3 I am probably just confusing myself over nothing... :goodvibes

I feel the same way :confused3. I already linked my reservations before all this info showed up on MDE so am I now stuck using FP+?? I haven't received any notice about being in a testing group. Are people contacted by email? I am 66 days from checking in.

I feel the same way :confused3. I already linked my reservations before all this info showed up on MDE so am I now stuck using FP+?? I haven't received any notice about being in a testing group. Are people contacted by email? I am 66 days from checking in.

Count me in the confused group. We are nearly at 60 days out myself, with a room/ ticket package. I see a ticket showing, but not another for the 2 of us. Is it already linked ? I'm so confused! Is that an old ticket? It says something about deactivate. Ugghhhh....,,

What resort are you staying at? Right now it appears that testing is at AKL and BLT/Contemporary. I also saw that there may be testing at the Yacht Club.

No, you're not stuck using FP+. You will be contacted via email if you are selected for the test group or upon check in. Even if you are selected, you can simply decline. You're under no obligation to use FP+. In previous groups that were testing, you could use FP+ and regular FP too.

Count me in the confused group. We are nearly at 60 days out myself, with a room/ ticket package. I see a ticket showing, but not another for the 2 of us. Is it already linked ? I'm so confused! Is that an old ticket? It says something about deactivate. Ugghhhh....,,

The glitches for this system are never ending. It could be:

1) An old ticket
2) New tickets with 2 people "missing"
3) Someone elses tickets :lmao: (sadly, I'm not kidding)

Don't deactivate the ticket, just in case it's a new ticket.

Ok I'm confused.... a few days ago I had no options like these in my MDE site, now I do, yet I've received no notifications... I assume I have no option to be in the test group and this is just a glitch. Background- staying at All Star Movies August 8-11 with manually linked Magic Your Way tickets.

What do these menu options (see previous screen shot) and message mean? I have an option to 'Make Fastpass+ Selections' but get the following message when I try to do so as well:

Are You Ready for a New Kind of Magic?

Whether you’re a participant in the MyMagic+ test or are planning your upcoming Disney vacation, please take a moment to get the most of My Disney Experience.

Create your Family & Friends list and link your Resort hotel reservation and tickets to enjoy exciting new MyMagic+ features—like FastPass+ service—when they become available later this year.

Connect to Your Family & Friends
Link Your Disney Resort Reservation and Theme Park Tickets

If you’re not participating in the MyMagic+ test, you can still enjoy the existing FASTPASS service. - See more at: http://www.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3140373#sthash.cezL9xJM.dpuf

Is there any way to get nudged over onto the test?

Thanks to the DIS - I checked to see if I had these options. I did not receive notice from Disney, but when I logged into MDE, I was able to customize our magic bands for our trip next month! We are staying at AKL. There is also the option to make FastPass+ selections. It asks for the day, the park (only one park can be chosen) - then gives the option to choose up to 3 rides/experiences. It then hangs on "Gathering FastPass+ options". I will try again later. I'll report back if I'm successful.

We check in next week, I wonder if we will be chosen to test the system. I received an email from Poly IPO with our itinerary and the email states:

"If you have not already done so, we highly recommend that you visit
www.disneyworld.com to sign up for a My Disney Experience account and
link it to your resort reservation. This will keep you up-to-date with
the new MyMagic+ enhancements that we have coming in the near future!"

I wonder if this is their way of saying be prepared in case you get selected to test the new system.

If we are selected to test they system I will report back.

I'm pretty sure test group is AKL, Yacht, Pop and Contemporary. For the month of August.

Finally got it to work. I'm reading through the faq, and I found thus particularly interesting

"The total number of FastPass+ experiences available to you during your visit depends on several factors including availability and the vacation packages and tickets linked to your Disney account. Generally, FastPass+ eligible Guests are able to select one set of FastPass+ experiences each day for every valid theme park ticket linked to their account.
Depending on availability, you should be able to reserve access to up to 4 FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences each day."

Up to 4, but it depends on your package?

Thanks to the DIS - I checked to see if I had these options. I did not receive notice from Disney, but when I logged into MDE, I was able to customize our magic bands for our trip next month! We are staying at AKL. There is also the option to make FastPass+ selections. It asks for the day, the park (only one park can be chosen) - then gives the option to choose up to 3 rides/experiences. It then hangs on "Gathering FastPass+ options". I will try again later. I'll report back if I'm successful.

Ahhh! :scared::sad2::headache: So we still don't know if we will have the option for 3 FP+, 4 FP+, or more... man I hope we get solid info soon!!!!

Dan

I was able to customize my Magic Band and select FP+ times (which are now listed under my reservations, along with hotel and ADR's). Staying at Yacht Club beginning August 17. (Actually, will be at AoA starting August 14, but they don't seem to be eligible.) When I logged into MDE, there was a pop-up screen that told me to customize my bands and select FP+ times. It wasn't something that I had to go search out.

However, I didn't get an email, so I could actually be a tester, or it could be a glitch. I was given a phone number to the My Magic+ IT people, who confirmed that there is a test in August, and the system is live for the testers. Emails for August testing are still being sent out sporadically. They wouldn't/couldn't tell me the hotels or dates, just that they thought it was through August 25th or 27th. (She was pretty unsure.)

I'm not a fan of FP+, but I decided to try it out, gambling that we will still be able to access regular FP as in the last round of testing. (Also, our YC stay is only 4 of 11 park days, so I'm not locked in for the whole time.) One frustrating thing, though, is that I have two old tickets that I plan to upgrade to an AP once I'm there. Since I only have two days worth of tickets linked to my reservation, though, I can only reserve FP+ for two days.

For those who are wondering, I was able to book 3 FP+ at a time, one park per day. There were no limits to headliners -- got Soarin', Test Track, and Mission Space at EP and Toy Story, ToT, and RnR at HS. It gave me options A-D for return times, and then I could try and change the times later if I wanted to.

Screen shot or it's not true! ;)

I was just hoping maybe someone with a vacation coming up soon had actually seen them listed on that page. When I clicked on the button to make my FP+ choices it briefly flashed me to a calendar that seemed to end at September 28th and then told me that at least one of our party had to have travel dates within the period. And then it booted me out to the main page.

I'm also wondering if Disney will be mailing out the bands like they do the Magical Express luggage tags, or if we pick them up when we arrive?

I just got an email from Disney Destinations saying that I can particpate in the Magic Bands, FastPass+ testing. We are staying at the YC from Aug 2-Aug 9. I assume it will work with my tickets from UndercoverTourist? I should be getting them in the mail in the next day or so. My question is...my kids are I are getting to Florida a few days before my DH. We are touring Florida colleges. We are going to stay at the Wilderness Lodge for 2 nights. So...we have a split stay. We are probably only going to the parks on Aug 1 (not July 31st) so ... can we still do the MagicBands, FastPass+ for the YC since we are staying at the WL for 2 nights first?

it also says the magicbands are shipped to your home. We are leaving July 29 so I wonder if it would get here on time?

I just got an email from Disney Destinations saying that I can particpate in the Magic Bands, FastPass+ testing. We are staying at the YC from Aug 2-Aug 9. I assume it will work with my tickets from UndercoverTourist? I should be getting them in the mail in the next day or so. My question is...my kids are I are getting to Florida a few days before my DH. We are touring Florida colleges. We are going to stay at the Wilderness Lodge for 2 nights. So...we have a split stay. We are probably only going to the parks on Aug 1 (not July 31st) so ... can we still do the MagicBands, FastPass+ for the YC since we are staying at the WL for 2 nights first?

it also says the magicbands are shipped to your home. We are leaving July 29 so I wonder if it would get here on time?

Unless WL is testing during those dates, no, it's unlikely that you'll be able to use your Magic Band and FP+ while you're there. We're doing a triple split stay, and only the Yacht Club stay qualifies me for the test, so I was told that I would only be able to use the bands or FP+ at YC. They said they aren't set up to be able to do split stays yet. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter