Did you get anything special in room due for a celebration?

For our celebration , in our room, we got a

• balloon

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • card

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • other

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • nothing

Votes: 31 64.6%

• Total voters
In Palo, onboard the Disney Dream, our surprise was:

65C6DB2A-874F-4F99-AE98-E0128A44916E.jpeg

We only decided to celebrate 6 weeks ago when we booked a VGT room on the Disney Dream. We were lucky to be able to book at VGT that close to the date.

This has been a memorable Anniversary Experience! Our regular dinner servers onboard sang and brought a small cake for us to share as well..

Last edited:
When we celebrated my 30th birthday at Coronado Springs, one morning they didn’t have fruit tarts. I was fine with that and picked another breakfast pastry to get eat overlooking the water. Imagine my surprise when a short while later they brought me a fruit tart for free! I was struck by their kindness.

For my 50th birthday, I wanted to hit all the parks. This was when each park had their own design birthday pin. And I wanted all four. We had a great day.

We had a front of the monorail ride. A fast pass for a ride. At pizzafari, we had stopped in to get a snack, the CM game me a piece of cake (when they weren't in a cup) stuck a candle in and said we have to pretend to light it. Then about 6 CM sang. At Le celliar we had a wonderful server, got the phone call and a dessert with the chocolate writing. The server even wrapped up some extra bread sticks for us to go. It was a very long day for us, but it was great.

I never had a day like that again. Other years, maybe a balloon or maybe a cupcake. That day was more out the ordinary surprises.

Oh! I forgot...Our DD had gotten shirts made for DH and I. Mine said, Today is my 50th birthday . And DH shirt said "Today is my wife's 50th birthday". We got on the boat from DHS to Epcot and two people got up and gave us their seats. And it wasn't a "I'm young and being polite". It was "I'm just as old, but it's your special day".

Last edited:

October 2015 we received a balloon, card and chocolate at BWV on our 20 year anniversary. Then we had dinner at Artist point that night and they gave to free champagne and dessert which was macaroons. Also a small clear light up tinkerbell and buzz light year clip ons.

We checked in on our 22 anniversary last year, and had dinner at Yachtsman. We didn't receive anything. Well except the buttons.

WOW! That's crazy because Crystal Palace was the one that went ALL OUT for us! Tons of mickey confetti on the table, (i was trying to save it for my scrapbook and our server brought me a baggie FILLED with it!) the servers all came around and sang to us, the signed card, and the handlers mentioned to them that we were celebrating and they stayed extra time with us
Did you mention this before you left for you vacation or when you checked in? We will be celebrating our DD sweet 16 and that would be a nice surprise.

We have visited for many celebrations. Never received anything special from the resorts, other than perhaps accommodating our room assignment requests - which is always appreciated!

We have received plenty of magic in the parks, however, including free ice cream and desserts, and even a free glass of champagne at Brown Derby Lounge when celebrating our 25th anniversary!

Both times at BWV (and the only times I've ever made a celebration noted on the reservation) -- for birthdays November 2015 and November 2017, a balloon and card were in the room.

One year at Vero we got a signed card from Goofy and Max with a Mickey Pin for our Anniversary!

Did you mention this before you left for you vacation or when you checked in? We will be celebrating our DD sweet 16 and that would be a nice surprise.

Both - i made sure it was noted in the reservation by calling and then I made sure it was noted when we checked in - actually at CP they mentioned that we were celebrating before I could mention it myself

We went to Guest relations to get some buttons for both my daughters (one DD was celebrating her 18th, other one her 16th). The CM there made a huge fuss, got them both to stand where everyone in the queue could see them and got everyone to sing Happy Birthday to them. Then he called them over and they each received a phone call from Goofy wishing them Happy Birthday. They were so embarrassed but so thrilled at the same time. Didn’t cost a penny but made my girls day

At HHI last year they drew a Happy Anniversary mural in colored chalk on the walkway leading to our unit. Nice touch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter