Did you get a Fall room discount or FD promo (end of August through December)?

Did you get a Fall discount (end of August through December)?

• Yes, I got free dining or room discount on my first choice of dates and resorts/room category

Votes: 29 50.9%
  • Yes, I got free dining or room discount, but had to change dates or resorts/room category

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • No, have not gotten a discount or promo

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters

vinotinto

Just Keep Swimming
Just curious how many here were able to get a Fall discount (such as 20% - 25% off) or promo (such as free dining) and how difficult it was to get (i.e., did you have to change dates or resort/room from what you had wanted)?

Also, post your dates as a comment.

Thank you!

i was very easily able to get FD for the dates i wanted, for the resort i wanted, and for the room category i wanted by booking online at 6am est the day it came out.
it will be 2 adults, POR-RR, 2 day PH, Sept 1st-5th

it was suggested to me a couple weeks prior to the pomo coming out that i should book the trip and then modify to get FD.
the way it worked out i didn't end up doing that and boy am i glad that i didn't!
it seems like the people that had prior bookings were the ones that had the most trouble. (and actually that makes sense because the promos are to fill rooms so if you already have a room its not as likely for them to have discount room availability for you).

I got an excellent price for an RO discount for the days we wanted for early November (6-11) thru a travel agent. I made the reservation back in February because i am tired of spending so much time trying to get a discount, and our dates weren't offered thru a bounceback.

We were already booked at Pop for December 16 - 22 and were able to modify our reservation for free dining. Took about an hour to do online because we kept getting an error message but it ended up going through no problem.

I just wanted to offer encouragement to others who were not able to get the discounts, especially ones who received their pin code email and their current reservation was not offered with the pin. I received my email on the 27th and our club level-garden view-poly room was not available. I kept checking and some how today it showed as available using the pin. I logged in under my reservations and was able to change my reservation using the pin code. So please do not give up checking because you just never know if something changes and you will get a little extra magic.

We were just able to book a reservation today for fort wilderness cabin that included FD. My husband called hoping for the room only discount but instead he was told we qualified for FD which would save us way more considering there are 6 of us. I had thought all the FD was gone the day it was released. (Oct 1-8)

We had to switch from YC to WL to get free dining (more opened up today), which is fine and it saved us a lot of money.

We had to switch from POP to ASMU to get FD. However, a few days later FD opened up for our dates at CBR for only $10 more per night. So not getting POP ended up being a good thing!

We're traveling in October, so dates were blacked out for FD. The room discount was not available for the suites at AoA when I tried to apply that. So batting 0.00 right now.

We have never stayed at Poly and that was my goal. Was able to get FD by booking the day the offer came out.

we are ap holders and used the room only code for $202 a night rate ( $238 friday and saturday ) for the wilderness lodge aug 27-sept 6

There were no real discounts for our original dates Nov 5-9, so we just booked AoA. But then I got the pin code, and we decided to switch to AKL.

I booked 2 rooms!! I got a room only discount at pop for 9/23-10/1! Was our first choice on dates. Can't wait! Only 145 days away!!

I got FD for stay at Pop 11/26-12/5. I did not expect to get it since I made my reservation slightly late (on 4/27) but glad I did pixiedust:

We originally wanted 9/23-10/1 at CBR but nothing was available for those dates. After playing around I was able to book CSR for 9/19-9/26 but I still wanted 1 more day at the beginning. After checking for a few days CBR (our first choice) opened up for 9/18-9/26 so I snagged it up. I'm still checking on a daily basis to change the dates but if not it's ok because we are still going to Disney :mickeyjum

I booked 2 rooms for Pop from 10/9 to 10/21, originally I wasn't able to get the discounts because I was 3 days late in finding out about the discounts.

But after checking the entire day on the 4th, some discounts opened up and I was able to apply to discounts to both my rooms, but I had to change my rooms from Standard Rooms to Standard Rooms with Pool view, with is about $7 more expensive per night.

All in all, it worked out to be about 11% discount for me.

I wanted 9/28-10/5 at CBR in a standard room. I was only able to get a Pirate room. On Saturday I was able to switch to a preferred room 9/27-10/4, but I will keep searching every day for a standard room to open up.

I really wanted Club Level Savannah View at AKL for my dates and it's like they made that room type completely unavailable for any of the discounts even if I shift them or increase/decrease days for most of September. I wasn't counting on FD, I was hoping for RO, but I was hoping for 25-30% and with this offer being only 15-20% free dining becomes a better deal for me (but is unavailable so I'm screwed anyway). :( :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter