Did you enjoy your convention/vacation?

JeanfromBNA

"Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming!"
Just found out that our professional society will be having a convention at the CSR in February 08. Meeting days are monday through wednesday or thursday. My husband and I had a week long WDW vacation planned for September 07 at Yacht Club, but now I'm having second thoughts.

If you ever combined a convention at WDW with a vacation, did you enjoy it, and what made it more or less enjoyable? :)

Mrs. Ambassador always attends a conference Sunday to Wednesday of our annual sojourn. The CSR setting is superb for meetings, and we always have dinners together. But she feels kind of like she's missing out, and doesn't think of it as a 'real' vacation. We have extended stays before and after, to take in more WDW magic.

I have done it & I really liked it. Twice at WDW and once at DL. The first time at WDW, I just had meetings with my boss and some local attorneys. It was so nice to be in one of my most favorite places, even though I was working. I could take breaks and walk around and soak it all in. My boss was in an awesome mood, too as he is a complete disney psycho as well. :)

The second time at WDW, my DH came down and met me on the last day and then we spent 4 days together. Again, when I was by myself, I could just workout, hang out and walk around the grounds. When DH got there, I was really relaxed and ready to start vacation. We did the same thing when I had a seminar in Vegas. Worked well again.

At DL, my DS came with me. She was bored while I was in meetings. We did have fun at night, but I don't know if I would have someone come with me for the time I am in meetings.

Long story short, I think it would be fun for you guys because it is an awesome place to have to work, but maybe have your husband come down towards the end of the convention...just a thought!

Have fun whatever!!

We love CSR!! Never been there for a convention but the resort is great!! Check out these threads and visit my CSR website below for more info and pictures.

CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT QUICK INFO

PEPPER MARKET FOOD PHOTOS

JUST BACK THREADS

wb6r04.jpg

Best Food Court – Voted by DIS’ers
Pepper Market. Huge portions, great choices and tasty food. Lunch/Dinner Menu

Best Pool – Voted by Dis’ers
Best mod pool. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.

Buzz:
Thank you for replying to my humble post! When first I heard that our convention would be at the CSR, I thought, "where is that guy's website?" Your knowledge of the CSR is encyclopedic and incredibly generous! Thanks so much!

Jean

Ambassador & Kelly:

You've both confirmed what I thought - that being at WDW will take the edge off of the convention, but it's not a full vacation, either. We'll probably stick with the week in late September so that we can take in MNSSHP, which we've never seen. I'll just get an extra Disney boost in February, which would be perfect! Thanks for your advice.

Jean :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter