• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did you cry??

jngwright

DIS Veteran
Okay-this may sound lame, but did anyone cry the first time they took their kids to Magic Kingdom. I AM NOT an overly emotional person, but sometimes, when I am thinking about walking under the railroad and onto Main Street with them for the first time, I get a little misty... This is the only place I think I can say this without sounding like a loon!!

Crying at Disneyworld is pretty normal for me! ;) Whether it be from a show, a parade, fireworks, songs, seeing my kids react to something, etc. I get misty at least once a day, probably.

Maybe we should start a club :grouphug:

I cried planning his first trip. :rolleyes: I'm not an overly emotional person either but the more excited he got the more I cried. Now we just get all giddy together looking at the pictures or talking about our trip in December. :thumbsup2 It's totally "normal". At least I hope it is.

I cried after waiting in line for 45 minutes to get into that damn Stitch thing.

Sure did! My daughter was 4 and had been the year before but saw nothing cause she got sick and we spent our whole trip in the hospital with her. So when we finally got there the next year,and when she saw the parade come down main street she began to well up and so did Mom!. We got it on video which will be a great memory for her! :goodvibes

I am not a cryer and we have gone many times to disney with our boys but this last time we stopped to watch the fireworks had a perfect spot on teh bridge to frontier land and watching them watch teh firweorks there expressions and the way their faces were lit by the firworks the way my younger one was stnding in front of his big brother... I gotta say I had a bit of mist in my eye.

Wishes always makes me cry..
And the first I went without my parents,I saw Maleficent at the show in front if the Castle,and she is my mother's favorite character,and my mommy loooves Disney as much as I do..So,I really missed her and dropped a few tears.. :p

I always cry. I cry during planning. I cry when I see a commercial. I cry at the sheer thought of WDW. I don't even have any kids!!! I can't imagine how big of a ball-baby I'll be when we take our future children there for the first time. :sad2: :goodvibes

MJMcBride said:
I cried after waiting in line for 45 minutes to get into that damn Stitch thing.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
Amen to that...

The very first time I went to WDW I was 35 years old. :) When I saw the Castle as we entered in MK I just lost it. I cried tears of joy. My dh thought I was hilarious. My ds and dd were 5 and 3 at the time so they were like "what is wrong with mommmy".

Then later that night we saw WISHES and I cried again...and again. I was so moved..... :)

I cried on our last night during Illuminations. We'd been planning this trip for over a year to celebrate the adoption of 2 of our children and as I sat there watching the fireworks and listening to the music the realization that it was over was just so overwhelming to me. We'd been there for 16 days at that point and even though I REALLY wanted to be home, the idea that it was over was so sad. :guilty:

I don't have any children but I've been to WDW many many times with my family. I am a very emotional person and I always cry when I'm leaving the MK for the last time of that trip...we usually finish up there with the fireworks and such on our last night and every time, as we approach the main gate...I'll turn around and look at the castle and main street and I usually tear up. Eveyrone makes fun of me but whatever, I don't really care.

Vote me in! I cry once I reach Main Street USA and see the castle. I cry when I see a disney commercial on tv. I cry once we land in Orlando- my husband and 2 sons call me a "whiss" I'll be that. I think Disney should hire us all and put us in one of their commercials- that would be a must see for everyone.

Belle1111 said:
Crying at Disneyworld is pretty normal for me! ;) Whether it be from a show, a parade, fireworks, songs, seeing my kids react to something, etc. I get misty at least once a day, probably.

Maybe we should start a club :grouphug:

This sounds like me!!! The funny part is... you'd never guess it in real life!!! I'm one of those tough girls that would rarely cry (outside of WDW!)

Please, help me keep my secret... don't tell anyone!!!

miste76 said:
This sounds like me!!! The funny part is... you'd never guess it in real life!!! I'm one of those tough girls that would rarely cry (outside of WDW!)

Please, help me keep my secret... don't tell anyone!!!

HEY EVERYONE! Check out what miste67 said!!!!!

I always cry (or at least tear up and get a big lump in my throat) during that first walk up Main Street when I catch the first glimpse of the castle, at Legend of the Lion King (usually during "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?"), at the Little Mermaid Show ("Part of your World" always gets me) and during Illuminations. There are also other times that I feel emotional during a trip to WDW, but those are the things that get me almost every time.

Well I dont have any children yet but I can tell you right now that I am going to cry like a baby... My future kids will probably think I am nuts!!!

I'm crying now...HA!! I teared up several times during our last trip. I had planned and saved for over a year for the trip and it was just so emotional holding my dd2 & seeing my dd9 enjoy Wishes...my dh was great he just smiled because he knew how hard I had worked for the trip.

Oh and seeing your little girls actually see the princesses for the first time is wonderful. I still tear up when I remember dd's face 5 years ago at CRT when the princesses entered the room!

We drive from WI and as soon as I see the Florida state sign I get the lump in my throat, then when I see the DisneyWorld sign I tear up and when we actually get to the WALT DISNEY WORLD sign and drive under it I completely lose it. My husband thinks I am crazy too, but I really feel like I am entering another world when we are there :) . Yes i cry at the commercials, planning video and whatever else!!

Lory

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter