Did you all hear? Another non Off Kilter bites the dust!

Quite frankly "les parfaits inconnus" was just about brutal. Walked by during their show one afternoon; apparently I wasn't the only one "just walking by" as not too many were stopped to watch them. Saw a lot or running around and guys hanging from metal poles, but couldn't really tell you much else about them.

pretty much this. My husband was swearing up and down they had to be from some other part of Canada. When he heard their French accents he was mortified. I roared with laughter :p

What we did manage to see confused us and I still don't understand the paper bags over their heads!

pretty much this. My husband was swearing up and down they had to be from some other part of Canada. When he heard their French accents he was mortified. I roared with laughter :p

What we did manage to see confused us and I still don't understand the paper bags over their heads!

As a US tv fan from the 1970's they reminded me of the Unknown Comic from the Gong Show (Chuck Baris), or miserable New Orleans Saints fans!

Does anyone really care about these little bands? They're nice background noise - that's about it.
I think that sums it up for most people.
OK had a loyal fan base, but most people did not care one way or the other about OK.
I might stop and listen to OK multiple times in a trip while sipping my beer but after MANY years of seeing them there every F&W festival I was tired of them...but to be fair it only took 5 minutes of the lumberjack show to be tired of them.
If you are a fan there are still plenty of ways to see them - they get a decent number of gigs it seems and they will be at Universal for St Patrick's day in 2017

I did not see "les parfaits inconnus" so I really cant judge them (looks bad from the pictures I saw) - but even if they were good would you stand and watch them more than once or twice in a trip.

Will be interesting to see what is next

The only show in the WS I make a point to stop and watch is the British Revolution.

We used to watch Off Kilter a lot, but after a few years we mostly just walked on by.

We actually heard the act being actively booed when we went past. Yikes. No one looked very engaged.

We actually heard the act being actively booed when we went past. Yikes. No one looked very engaged.
The acts are pretty bad..but to be fair there are a lot of OK fans doing the booing and will boo almost anything that goes there - they still seem pretty "unhappy" (trying to keep it clean) with the situation even today

It might be best to just get rid of the mill stage all together and put something else there - like a GOG meet and greet ;) (I cant think of a Canadian hero they have rights to but Im sure there is one) - maybe have some street performers up in the upper Canada area - I cant recall but I think there is room up the stairs in Canada and that might get rid of the comparisons to OK

My best friend misses Off Kilter soooooooo much. She bought their CD back in the day. :rotfl:

The acts are pretty bad..but to be fair there are a lot of OK fans doing the booing and will boo almost anything that goes there - they still seem pretty "unhappy" (trying to keep it clean) with the situation even today

It's free[1] street theater. Anyone booing ought to be shown the park gates. It's not hard to find something else to do or see, and they're just ruining the experience for everyone else.

[1] For the pedants: I know it's in the ticket price, but if it went away the ticket price would not be lowered.

Does anyone really care about these little bands? They're nice background noise - that's about it.

I've stopped to watch the Chinese and Japanese performances. I've never caught Morocco's, but I'd probably stop and watch. I enjoy some of the French performances as 'ambiance'. The others I tend to just avoid.

I've stopped to watch the Chinese and Japanese performances. I've never caught Morocco's, but I'd probably stop and watch. I enjoy some of the French performances as 'ambiance'. The others I tend to just avoid.

Oh yeah, the acrobats, little theatres, are different. I stop and watch them. I'm talking about the bands.

It might be best to just get rid of the mill stage all together and put something else there - like a GOG meet and greet ;) (I cant think of a Canadian hero they have rights to but Im sure there is one) - maybe have some street performers up in the upper Canada area - I cant recall but I think there is room up the stairs in Canada and that might get rid of the comparisons to OK

Most Marvel characters with Canadian origins are mutants. So fall under the spectrum of the FOX rights.

At least the entertainment they are bring in are actually Canadian. We could send Ashley MacIsaac, some Inuit Throat Singers, Natalie MacMaster, Walter Ostanek. Some Quebecois sitting around a coffee shop table complaining about the rest of Canada. Haida performers. Comedians.

We were walking by as Alberta Bound was playing yesterday at Epcot. They were okay. Nothing special. Some people were sitting and enjoying the music. They were playing Shania Twain and K.D. Lang songs.

Most Marvel characters with Canadian origins are mutants. So fall under the spectrum of the FOX rights.

At least the entertainment they are bring in are actually Canadian. We could send Ashley MacIsaac, some Inuit Throat Singers, Natalie MacMaster, Walter Ostanek. Some Quebecois sitting around a coffee shop table complaining about the rest of Canada. Haida performers. Comedians.
Alpha Flight vs lumberjacks maybe?

We were walking by as Alberta Bound was playing yesterday at Epcot. They were okay. Nothing special. Some people were sitting and enjoying the music. They were playing Shania Twain and K.D. Lang songs.

What, no Gordon Lightfoot? After all, they're named after one of his songs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter