Did we get a lazy maid or am I remembering things wrong? (BCV)

We're in many different timeshares over time, mostly Marriott, DVC, Bluegreen and Wyndham. There are a lot of similarities but also differences even one resort to another within the same system. Consistently we've gotten coffee, both types though sometimes it's lose coffee with filters and sometimes filter packs, sugar/creamer/sweetener along with dishwasher and clothing detergent. Usually we get tea, salt/pepper, tea bags and not uncommonly popcorn and crystal light or similar. We've even gotten washing detergent where there was no washer in the room including studios with non DVC resort stays.

Some resorts have trash/towel midweek or a towel exchange options, most don't non DVC. But the difference to me is how they act/react when you call for something you need or want. Consistently with the companies I mentioned other than DVC, they're falling all over themselves trying to satisfy a request and quickly, with DVC you're hoping it comes in an hour or 2 if you're lucky.

We are in a BCV refurbished studio now and cups and glasses for 4. Perhaps once they formally announced 5 in a studio, that will change.

We are in a BCV refurbished studio now and cups and glasses for 4. Perhaps once they formally announced 5 in a studio, that will change.
I wouldn't count on that. BWV have been converted for a while and we only had 4 glasses and mugs last week.

I'm a tea drinker and I've never gotten tea bags. That's why one of my first stops is the Twinings store.

I just returned from a stay at BWV. No tea was supplied. It's not a problem for us since we bring our own tea bags anyway.

I have called for tea bags at BCV at a time we were paying cash for the room. We got the tea bags only because it was a paid stay. That is what I was told. The first question the housekeeping asked when I called was, "is this a cash stay?"

Just thought about this thread while on my PVB stay this last week. Here is what was provided there at check in - 1 decaf, 1 regular and 2 tea bags. This tends to be what we have normally gotten on all our DVC resort stays although sometimes 2 regular coffee instead of a decaf and regular. This is the typical selection of tea we've gotten. Most of our groups are coffee drinkers so I don't think we've ever given the maid an opportunity to replace it during T&T or a full cleaning.

20161113_091449_zpsqexefsvy.jpg

Glassware was for 5 as were towels. And lots and lots of plates, bowls and cutlery.

I have to say we noticed last trip at 3 separate resorts restocking at towel and trash was a lot sparker than before. Previously t BLT and at AKV trash and towel restocked every toiletry we had started using and every soap we had used. Last trip at SSR, VGF and AKV they didn't only left 1 additional soap and didn't restock any bottles.

4 figure cost of the vacation and the biggest issue is soap? Never had an issues calling down for a few more items. Still have extra soap and shampoo from my vacations. It is Disney, call and ask for more stuff. They will gladly help out. Also, the carts in the hallway have no guards on them. Restocking is easy when you walk by them on the way back to the room.

DVC members signed a contract which states extras should be paid for.

So we are new DVC members with first DVC trip planned in May. How does housekeeping schedule work at Poly? I'm assuming it's different than rooms purchased not DVC?

If you pay cash through Disney Reservation Center, you get a daily full cleaning.

If you book a points or cash stay through DVC, you get service every four days. For stays of seven nights or less, you get your trash removed and towels and consumables replaced on day four. If you stay eight nights or more, you get a full cleaning on day four, and trash and towel service on day eight. For longer stays, the cycle repeats. If you need more towels or consumables, you'll pay for them.

Here's what the Member Website says.

Housekeeping
Trash & Towel Service
For stays of seven or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day four, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:

•Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
•Provide fresh bathroom linens.
•Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap.
•Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
•Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.
•Replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwashing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed in one-, two- and three-bedroom Vacation Homes.

Full Cleaning Service
For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

With Full Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

•Change the bed linens.
•Vacuum and dust the Vacation Home.
•Clean the bathroom(s).
•Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:

•Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
•Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
•Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
•Laundry Detergent (only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:

•Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
•One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
•Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
•Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Rates:

•Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
•One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
•Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
•Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested

Room Change Fees:
Room change fee will apply for Member requested room changes after check-in for a different view or room location.

•Deluxe Studio - $30
•One-Bedroom Villa - $45
•Two-Bedroom Villa - $60
•Three-Bedroom Grand Villa - $75

Note: Rates are subject to change

Thank you! I'll definitely need to keep this in mind and prepare accordingly. I haven't read through everything yet so was used to daily cleaning service on cash stays.

We just came back and had the strangest T&T day ever. We were in the room during the morning, as we were leaving housekeeping was next door. I mentioned we were leaving. We came back 3 hrs later and thought the room would be done. It wasn't but then I thought maybe I didn't count the days properly. I called to double check. Yes, it was T&T day. They asked when we were leaving again, I said in about 30 mins.

Not two mins later, knocking at the door. Housekeeping, you need towels? Yes, how many towels 4??? ok I give you 6. She hands me a pile of towels. I went to get the other towels and as she holds a bag, I throw the towels in. And she leaves. I must have looked confused, She says you need soap?? I said I wanted the whole thing......oh you only get trash and towel. You have trash? Yes. She goes to the cart and I leave the door open. She comes into the kitchen area , leaves coffee, empties trash cans (I had all 3 together),and leaves shampoo, conditioner and body wash by the sink in bathroom. Didn't hang towels, no paper plates, no plastic utensils and no hand towels or wash clothes. I open the door and she is three doors down, saying 32 is done. I went to ask about the other items. Got a couple of hand towels, about 10 wash cloths and some spoons and forks. I asked about the paper plates and she said just a min. and walks away. Comes back in 5 mins and hands me a roll of paper towels. At that point I gave up.

I did speak with the manager, the plates were sent up while we were out. It's not like we expected anything special. Just whatever was supposed to be done.

We just came back and had the strangest T&T day ever. We were in the room during the morning, as we were leaving housekeeping was next door. I mentioned we were leaving. We came back 3 hrs later and thought the room would be done. It wasn't but then I thought maybe I didn't count the days properly. I called to double check. Yes, it was T&T day. They asked when we were leaving again, I said in about 30 mins.

Not two mins later, knocking at the door. Housekeeping, you need towels? Yes, how many towels 4??? ok I give you 6. She hands me a pile of towels. I went to get the other towels and as she holds a bag, I throw the towels in. And she leaves. I must have looked confused, She says you need soap?? I said I wanted the whole thing......oh you only get trash and towel. You have trash? Yes. She goes to the cart and I leave the door open. She comes into the kitchen area , leaves coffee, empties trash cans (I had all 3 together),and leaves shampoo, conditioner and body wash by the sink in bathroom. Didn't hang towels, no paper plates, no plastic utensils and no hand towels or wash clothes. I open the door and she is three doors down, saying 32 is done. I went to ask about the other items. Got a couple of hand towels, about 10 wash cloths and some spoons and forks. I asked about the paper plates and she said just a min. and walks away. Comes back in 5 mins and hands me a roll of paper towels. At that point I gave up.

I did speak with the manager, the plates were sent up while we were out. It's not like we expected anything special. Just whatever was supposed to be done.

I think I would have handled this differently. I would have turned away the housekeeper attempting to "a la carte" your trash and towel service and asked them tor return 30min later, as you had told housekeeping management. That attempt at "service" was unacceptable. It's not rocket science - the standards are simple and well defined. We need to hold Disney and DVC to them.

I think I would have handled this differently. I would have turned away the housekeeper attempting to "a la carte" your trash and towel service and asked them tor return 30min later, as you had told housekeeping management. That attempt at "service" was unacceptable. It's not rocket science - the standards are simple and well defined. We need to hold Disney and DVC to them.

You know, you're right, but it was one of those duh moments on my part. I was not expecting to be handed an armful of towels, so didn't have a response ready. Also not 100% if language wasn't an issue too.

Two weeks ago friends of mine came back from a 4 night stay in a savanna view studio at Jambo, utilizing my points.
When they returned to their room at night on day 3, they found their room restocked with new towels. They were very surprised. I told them housekeeping is hit or miss. I guess I was correct.

We have had similar situations on T and T day when we were in the room when they arrived. Rather than returning later, they want to hand you towels and leave. No offer to empty waste cans or check for anything needing to be refilled. Now when it happens, I tell them I was just leaving and go sit in the lobby for 15-20 minutes.

We have had similar situations on T and T day when we were in the room when they arrived. Rather than returning later, they want to hand you towels and leave. No offer to empty waste cans or check for anything needing to be refilled. Now when it happens, I tell them I was just leaving and go sit in the lobby for 15-20 minutes.

We just open the door wider and tell them to come on in.

Sounds pretty normal to me. Been reporting these issues for years, they don't care because nothing has changed.

:earsboy: Bill

Our T&T is tomorrow, I'll see what happens. I'm not sure that we need anything, though.

There is only two of us, and when we checked in we had 6 bath towels, 4 hand towels and 4 wash cloths. And we really don't have much trash.

We are at the GF in a studio.

Our T&T is tomorrow, I'll see what happens. I'm not sure that we need anything, though.

There is only two of us, and when we checked in we had 6 bath towels, 4 hand towels and 4 wash cloths. And we really don't have much trash.

We are at the GF in a studio.

I understand what you saying, but if you are staying for a few more nights I would exchange the towels and get a shampoo or soap. But if you are leaving the next day, you could call housekeeping and cancel it.

I understand what you saying, but if you are staying for a few more nights I would exchange the towels and get a shampoo or soap. But if you are leaving the next day, you could call housekeeping and cancel it.
We'll be here until Saturday.

Better to have clean towels, just in case.

So, we went to breakfast and when we came back, we had fresh towels.

Full complement of towels, washcloths and toiletries. They replaced the plates/bowls/plastic as well. And they emptied our trash.

Oh, and they mopped the floor.

They did not make the bed, clean up any area or anything like that. This is our 4th day, so weren't suppose to.

All in all, they did exactly what I would have hoped.

That has not been my experience. Stayed at BCV & Poly recently. Both only had dishes for 4. Poly had 6 sets of towels, BCV only 4.

Steve

well, it looks like I will leave my coffeemaker at home, but bring extra towels, hand towels and washcloths, since we go through them so fast. On the other hand, there is a washer and dryer, so washing a load in the morning is no problem either. I would recommend bringing some extra laundry detergent pods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter