• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did u bring ur stroller?

I am confused as to why people who have strollers and kids have to be totally inconvenienced for the sake of someone else's convenience. Don't get me wrong, I am very aware of how much room a stroller can take up and I always let others pass in front of me and try to be as nice as possible when it comes to sharing public space, but if your kid is in a stroller there is a huge chance that parents also have a bag and things for the child so folding up a stroller and caring around a child a stroller and all the stuff would be very difficult and there is no reason other's should expect their space to be any more important than any one else's.

As far as the type of stroller...that should be up to the parents, regardless of how much space it may take up.

Yes I have brought a stroller on our cruises. 90% of the time it is folded and under the bed. I don't typically use it on the cruise but it is nice to have on certain excursions and for the airport. We also did a bonus day before and after the cruise at WDW and the stroller was definately needed then.

My observation is that the smaller the stroller the easier it is to navigate around the ship. In general the people that looked the most stressed were those trying to navigate with large double jogging type strollers around the ship.

There was one family on our last cruise that baffled me. I saw them frequently (many times a day) struggling with a large double stroller but the kids were never in the large double stroller. I often wondered why the bothered with the stroller at all but whatever you prefer to deal with is fine with me.

Even in our diaper days I personally never found the need to carry a ton of gear around the ship. At most I had a small bag with 1 diaper, some wipes and maybe a blanket in it. (along with my camera of course). If I needed more I could just pop down (or up) to the room to deal with it almost as easily as having it with me (it was frequently easier to change her in our room vs the bathrooms around the ship with a changing table for instance). I didn't use bottles though so I didn't have to carry those around with me. I also found it easier when my DD was on her first cruise (and 10 months old) to use a carrier for her instead of the stroller, but I don't like elevators to begin with and even without people on them, the ones on the ship make me feel claustrophobic so I try to avoid them at all costs.

I am hopeful to be completely stroller free for our next cruise (she will be 4 then) but we have a long walking tour planned around Ketchikan so I might bring the stroller just in case. We'll see how our walking plan goes this year. I will be weighing the pros and cons of the hastle of dealing with the stroller to the potential convenience of having it in Ketchikan when the time comes.

we brought our double stroller for our 2 boys but only used it in the airport and on excursions. we never needed it for on the ship. I say bring it if you don't need to use it there is room under the bed to store it. Better to have it and not need it.

I brought a double stroller for my boys and used it onboard. As someone else posted even to nap around the pool while their brother is still playing means not taking p a lounger. I used the stroller in the lift if I needed to and found people to be very accommodating. If you are on your own with 2 toddlers you can't always take then out and fold up the stroller. Yes if I could I would but just as I would wait for another buggy, wheelchair etc, if no room in the lift then surely others can wait for me if we are already there? I folded my umbrella style double buggy up and kept it in the cabin and had no issues at all space wise. Like I said I did use it on board but I also needed it for the airports and ports. It is a Disney ship, there will be buggies! Don't worry and enjoy your trip xxx

We have a City Mini and I did debate that instead of the Maclaren for the nap idea. But, between my 2 kids I think my strollers have seen a combined 2 hours of nap time (4-5 20/30 minute naps after an hour of strolling at Disneyland!)! They just aren't stroller nappers, I am always so envious of those kids who are conked out. So, we are okay with the fact that one of us will be on nap duty in the room every day! I figure when you travel with small kids, those are the breaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter