Did "they" say how long the railroad will be closed?

todzwife

<font color=darkorchid>There's nothing worse than
We're planning a trip last week of September 2016. I was wondering if an estimated time was given for the railroad and the rivers of America will reopen.

Many rumors have been for at least a year, but nothing official has been announced. I would plan on them being down while you are there

Yeah, rumors have them down for between 12 and 18 months.

Ok thank you :) I'm trying to convince hubby it will still be worth it to go!

To convince hubby - The 60th will be over, parts of the will be closed, so crowds might be lighter!!!!

How much do you feel these closures will effect the park experience? We are looking at a January trip, and flights are much less expensive the week after 10th.

How much do you feel these closures will effect the park experience? We are looking at a January trip, and flights are much less expensive the week after 10th.

I think it will make the crowds feel much worse, even if they do not increase in numbers, because you will have all of those people with fewer attractions to occupy their time. Especially with the loss of Fantastmic, main street around that time will likely be unbearable. The closures will probably take at least two years and possibly longer. Disney's silence on the timeline is troubling.

I think it will make the crowds feel much worse, even if they do not increase in numbers, because you will have all of those people with fewer attractions to occupy their time. Especially with the loss of Fantastmic, main street around that time will likely be unbearable. The closures will probably take at least two years and possibly longer. Disney's silence on the timeline is troubling.
In regards to crowds, will the path from Fantasyland through Frontierland around the backside of Big Thunder Mountain will be closed? If so, that will be awful for "traffic" flow in other parts of the park.

Though what's worse (in my opinion at least) is the effect it will have on the ambiance of the New Orleans Square/Frontierland/Critter Country "hub" that circles around the River of America. I'm guessing there will be a bunch of ugly construction walls up that will block the nice open view that area usual offers.

Though what's worse (in my opinion at least) is the effect it will have on the ambiance of the New Orleans Square/Frontierland/Critter Country "hub" that circles around the River of America. I'm guessing there will be a bunch of ugly construction walls up that will block the nice open view that area usual offers.

I agree with you. That entire area is going to probably look awful for quite some time. It's my favorite part of the park by far and I'd honestly rather not have star wars land if they have to mess up the best part of DL to build it. I really think disney dropped the ball on this.

Last edited:
Was there over the summer while it was still running and boy am I glad I was. That's an awfully long time for it to be closed.

I remember that the river was drained and closed for a long period (two years?) some time back (the late 90s?). It was when they installed the new F! infrastructure at the front of the island. Life went on as normal, but then again, the work they were doing was not nearly as dramatic as moving the river and relocating the railway.

Wait…. they are moving the river? and relocating the railway. how did I miss that?? lol

I knew they were closing, but not that. wow! That's major Wish I would have took more pictures down in that area when we were there last month haha

Wait…. they are moving the river? and relocating the railway. how did I miss that?? lol

I knew they were closing, but not that. wow! That's major Wish I would have took more pictures down in that area when we were there last month haha

This is from MiceAge, so it is not 100% accurate, but should give you an idea of what's being planned. Disney has announced they will be closing those areas and has also said the river will have a new path when it reopens.

http://micechat.com/111703-miceage-star-wars-disneyland/

In regards to crowds, will the path from Fantasyland through Frontierland around the backside of Big Thunder Mountain will be closed? If so, that will be awful for "traffic" flow in other parts of the park.
So I take it there is not yet news about whether this walking path will be closed or not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter