Did they move the big Dinosaur or was it just broken?

I was also there 9/27 and was so unhappy to see him gone!!! Let's hope he returns and that it isn't another case of, "it's too scary for the majority of our guests" like Alien Encounter was. The alien on the Great Movie Ride doesn't drop down as far or as often as he used to, either!

It's my fault, I am sorry. :guilty:

It broke down twice last time we were there, I was driving. I only thought I hit the Apatasaurus. Did not realize I may have knicked the Carnosaur, too.

Okay someone clear my mind for me. I thought at one point the big dino kind of walks out on the left side at you (full body) and at the end, straight ahead, his big head appears out of the trees while the strobe like thingy is going off. What am I confusing?

I'm glad to hear that Wally is back on the job! (He's BOUND to have a name -- everything at Disney has a name. I just don't know what it is, so I'll call him Wally until somebody corrects me.) Mrs. Tex and I both loved that ride, and even though I knew exactly when and where Wally would come at us, I still jumped.

Okay someone clear my mind for me. I thought at one point the big dino kind of walks out on the left side at you (full body) and at the end, straight ahead, his big head appears out of the trees while the strobe like thingy is going off. What am I confusing?

You're not confusing anything, both those things happen. The dino in question in this thread appears in between those 2 dino sightings, when you get your picture taken as the big carnataurus roars at you.

This is the ONLY ride at the Word that scares the BEJEBUS out of me! I was almost happy to hear the big dude at the end was on vacation.

The first time I rode it I had no idea what was coming and I literally, truly and for REAL wet my pants. I actually had to go buy new pants at an AK shop and was stuck with pajama bottoms for the rest of the day. LOL

This is the ONLY ride at the Word that scares the BEJEBUS out of me! I was almost happy to hear the big dude at the end was on vacation.

The first time I rode it I had no idea what was coming and I literally, truly and for REAL wet my pants. I actually had to go buy new pants at an AK shop and was stuck with pajama bottoms for the rest of the day. LOL

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

That is hilarious!!!!! I am so used to this ride now, but when I was younger, I NEVER sat on an end seat for a reason! This ride scared the crap out of me. I am bringing my niece for her first trip in 3 weeks... I am sure she will be just as scared as I used to be! ;)

We noticed this when we rode on 10/2...I hadn't heard of any major issues with the ride, so I was surprised when there was no huge dino at the end. We had DH's mom on the right side just for that picture, and then nothing :P

Any updates on Dino? Is it back to normal? One of my faves!!

My daughter and I rode it on Halloween. It seems back to normal now. The big scary Dino is on the right side and your picture is taken. I made the mistake of not realizing what was on the right aside and sat my 4yo daughter there. She survived, no tears.

DFi wants to ride Dinosaur and I have no intentions to. This may get me to ride it, but I doubt it will still be broken next September. THOUGH! With the yeti still not fixed, I wouldn't be surprised if the Carnotaurus would still be broken. :rotfl:

I hope this is not a permanent (or even common) development.

As of last Sunday, the regular right side carnotaurus is back.

Whew! Glad to hear it was just temporary. It would be truly sad of the "new normal" was Disco Yeti AND Disco Carnie!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter