• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did they move the big Dinosaur or was it just broken?

Mousemommy1

DIS Veteran
I keep forgetting to post this...

I was in Disney from 9/27-10/2. I have been on Dinosaur more times than I can count. I know that the big dinosaur comes out on the right side and that's where the picture is taken.

Well, on my last trip, we got to the big dinosaur part and...nothing....except for the camera flash...:confused3

When looking at the pic after, everyone was looking up to the left.

I rode it again (on a different day), and again, no dinosaur on the right...I quickly looked to the left (and up) and saw a big dinosaur and camera flash???

The dinosaur up there is isn't nearly as frightening. I was wondering if this was permanent or if the right side dinosaur was just broken during my visit. :confused3

We were there from 9/22 to 9/28 and noticed the exact same thing. Where was the big scary carnotaurus I believe? I personally was relieved though because my 3 year old was riding it for the first time, and was sitting on the right side.

Yes, the Carnotaurus on Dinosaur has been moved from the right side to the left side of the track. They are doing some slight renovations on it and it is moved temporarily. However, the camera is still currently on the right side. Everything should be back to normal relatively soon.

We were there from 9/22 to 9/28 and noticed the exact same thing. Where was the big scary carnotaurus I believe? I personally was relieved though because my 3 year old was riding it for the first time, and was sitting on the right side.

Yes, the Carnotaurus on Dinosaur has been moved from the right side to the left side of the track. They are doing some slight renovations on it and it is moved temporarily. However, the camera is still currently on the right side. Everything should be back to normal relatively soon.

Good to know I'm not crazy!!! :goodvibes

I would very much like for the Carnotaurus back on the right side of the track. :p

Yes! Our picture was so lame this time!!!! Very aggravating because we usually get a funny one on this ride.

Everyone in our pics just looked like they were looking around going :confused3 The pictures you get on that ride are always hilarious!
Ours too! Most everyone looked bored. Oh well. Next time. In the spring my MIL looked absolutely terrified. It was hilarious.

Anyone know when it will be back to normal? We will be there first week in November.

This has been broken for over a month now. They currently have a giant Dinosaur head on a stick for it's replacement. :rolleyes:

I was under the impression that there were 2 Carnotaurus at the end of the ride.

1. The full audio-animatronic on the right.
2. The static stand-in on the left for when the AA is broken.

This has been broken for over a month now. They currently have a giant Dinosaur head on a stick for it's replacement. :rolleyes:

Look closely.... It's the head of the carnotaurus. Ellen got stuck in this ride and got hungry. Bill Nye never showed up to save her. Lol

Noticed this too when we were there on 10/4! Was so disappointed! I did notice just a dinosaur head above and to the left with a flash! SO STRANGE! :confused3

I was under the impression that there were 2 Carnotaurus at the end of the ride.

1. The full audio-animatronic on the right.
2. The static stand-in on the left for when the AA is broken.

That may be the case, but when the one on the right is working I am not paying attention to anything else. :rotfl:

Wow! If that's true, I might be able to ride with my eyes open for the first time!! :rotfl:

DFi wants to ride Dinosaur and I have no intentions to. This may get me to ride it, but I doubt it will still be broken next September. THOUGH! With the yeti still not fixed, I wouldn't be surprised if the Carnotaurus would still be broken. :rotfl:

I somehow talked DD-then-15 into riding that last trip and I STILL don't think she's forgiven me. Neither one of us particularly like being scared, but I want to eventually ride everything. She was terrified and I wasn't doing much better. :lmao:

NOO!! I have been trying to get prepared for another year without splash mountain. Dino is our FAVORITE and the first ride we hit every trip. I hope it is up by early February. I know this dino is coming and it still gets me every time - every picture I am hunched over looking horrified. We need the dino!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter