Did thet really replace Country Bears at DL with Pooh?

DisOrBust

<font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A
After reading the text link to the media event today It mentioned that Pooh went in Where County Bears was. Did I hear that wrong? I am no Fan of County Bears but it is a classic and Iwould hate to see it gone.

The Disneyland Country Bears were indeed converted to a Pooh ride. The Disney World Country Bears are still there (they converted Mr Toad to Pooh instead at WDW).

Most people who have been on 'Pooh' at Disneyland would use say that 'Country Bears' was downgraded into 'Winnie the Pooh' instead of converted.

Originally posted by Another Voice
Most people who have been on 'Pooh' at Disneyland would use say that 'Country Bears' was downgraded into 'Winnie the Pooh' instead of converted.

Their version must be *really* bad then!

Originally posted by Another Voice
Really? Is DL's Pooh, then, running largely empty, the way Country Bears seems to be much of the time in WDW?

Dancing Bear, I live in Chevy Chase--a stone's throw from you!
My experience in Orlando has been that Country Bears is very popular and the theater usually two-thirds full. And I go in the slow seasons.
The Country Bear Playhouse in Anaheim had two theaters, and usually only one needed to operate. It wasn't as popular in California as it is in Florida (one of the reasons being its location in the park).
Contrary to what many have said, I find the Pooh ride in California to be far superior to the one in Florida. It's natural setting is lovely, the outdoor boarding area really sets the tone, and the whole attraction is intimate and well done.

Howdy, neighbor--I work in Bethesda, so I'm even a shorter stone's throw away right now.

We go to WDW in the offseason and I've done Bears about 1/2 to 2/3 full, it seems, but I remember when it first opened waiting outside for a LOOOOONNNGGG time to see it. I even had the album!

WOW! If they had no problem replacing Country Bears, with the movie out how does COP have a chance! I bet COP goes on the block after AE is converted. Walt's probably rolling right now......

I agree that Pooh CA is better than Pooh FL. No one was going to CB anymore, it was time for it to go.

Carousel of Progress has NO chance. If you want to see it, I'd make sure to go a bunch of times while they're rebuilding Alien Encounter as Stitch Escape. Ditto for Timekeeper.
Both great attractions, and both should be open all the time.

They're getting rid of Timekeeper? Or am I starting a rumor? We love Timekeeper when we go down. CofP was kinda boring though (definately needs to be reworked if they keep it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter