• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did the free magic bands change to black border?

The luggage tags are minnie kissing mickey and they are grey
However they are supposed to be specific to the magic band color you received. They are short on the colored ones prompting the great tags for everyone.

our bands are grey. I compared them to the older versions we have. my parents got the grey too. also we got coordinating tags (two gray bands got the Minnie/mickey) blue band got Donald and red band got Minnie. unfortunately my daughter is only 15 months so her pink band didn't come with any luggage tg

Just got my new bands for this trip. They are "charcoal" gray on the inside. We have a package (room/dining) so we got the luggage tags. All our tags are gray (Minnie/Mickey) on our last trip in October we got tags to match each band.

I got my new pink band in the mail yesterday. I noticed the black. I was going to decline the band but I read about people getting a luggage tag with it. So I ordered it. No tag, I tore the box apart.

ry%3D400

The luggage tags are inside the box inside the sleeve talking about what to avoid. They could easily be missed.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some system to ensure the previous bands got sent out first since my understanding is there is an active battery part to the band for the ride cameras that only works for up to 2 years.

I just booked a stay in feb and opting our wasn't an option so I'm thinking there might be more to this.

So is this another way dvc and ap holders get stiffed? No luggage tags with our new magic bands. Could have really used some too.

So is this another way dvc and ap holders get stiffed? No luggage tags with our new magic bands. Could have really used some too.
It is for packages only. As far as I know luggage tags have always been that way.

It is for packages only. As far as I know luggage tags have always been that way.

Yeah, we miss out on the tags. I've got a few from the times I booked dining with the room, but it's too much $$ and too much food just for "free" tags. It would be nice to get them though, like one poster said, I can always use luggage tags, especially when they get shredded by the airline.

We got our bands delivered on Thursday of last week (Green, Grey, and Blue). All came with the darker grey outline (not black). Also got three grey luggage tags.. no green or blue (even got a third despite DD is 2).

Got our magic bands last week. Our border is definitely a dark grey, same as last year. Also received three different luggage tags (ours did come with the magic bands, although I didn't realize it at first...they were in an envelope underneath the box insert that the magic bands were sitting in. I never would have thought to take that out if my 3 year old didn't do it for me!) Anyway, we got 3 different luggage tags. Daisy Duck with my daughter's pink, Minnie Mouse with my red, and Mickey kissing Minnie for my husband's grey

We just got our magic bands today and we had two luggage tags in the box. I was surprised that they are both identical because I thought that they varied.

As for the band color, it looks like a dark grey to me. It does appear black in some lighting.

For our trip in October, my hubby and I got luggage tags colored the same as our bands. This trip was a full package, but I did convert one PH pass to an AP once we were there.

For our upcoming trip next week, we got our bands several weeks ago, but no luggage tags this time - room only resv for 2 adults, one park ticket (1 AP), no dining. This is through a TA and is a "convention/rate" rate...I wonder if that matters.... I have another trip planned for APril, 2 rooms, 4 adults, 4 dining plans, 3 PH tickets (1 AP), so I'll see if there are luggage tags for that one - it's another "convention/group" rate.

ETA: Our bands were the same as previous ones - dark gray removable part.

My AP ones just came, also the old dark grey. I'm curious about that red one posted in the thread though :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter