• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did the DLR team talk about this on a podcast recently?

Angel Ariel

DIS Veteran
I read a "breaking news" that DLR will be testing FP+ this summer. There is a thread about it on the DLR boards. I've been listening to the podcasts, and I remember that the LA Times article about MagicBands not coming to DLR was discussed, but was this discussed by the team at all?

As far as I know, there's no official disney announcement stating this, and the source in the DLR forum thread doesn't list a source for this information in their article...just that it's happening. I won't lie, I'm hoping this is just a rumor that won't come to pass - but beyond just hoping, it seems like it would be a lot for DLR to take on in the midst of the 60th anniversary celebration?

Anyway, I was just interested to know if the DLR team had any thoughts on this rumor/news! Thanks :D

Last edited:
Oh yes, the opinions on FP+ are definitely clear (and I share them :)). ETA: I was more wondering what your thoughts were on whether there's any real truth to this rumor, or possibility it will come true. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that!

I do think it's more rumor than anything (I'll go back and edit that ;)), but I didn't know if maybe anyone on the team had heard anything along these lines? I don't tend to believe things like this that are posted without any sources, but I don't really remember how the testing rolled out at WDW (whether there was any confirmation from Disney re: testing FP+ before the full phased roll out began in fall 2013..)

Last edited:
Oh BTW - the DLR 7 in 7+ is amazing! We are getting so excited for our trip watching all of these videos and podcasts! Can it be November already? :D

In all seriousness, thank you to everyone who put so much work into that series. It is absolutely awesome, and they are definitely a resource I will be sharing with anyone who is even thinking about a DLR trip in the near future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter