Did Someone Say Adventure?! An Oct '13 TR! (Updated 5/27/14)

missangelalexis

DIS Veteran
Hello all and welcome to my first ever TR! Some of you may have read my PTR, but if not you can find it here.

This trip was absolutely magical with lots of pixie dust! It was also a trip of many firsts, which I can't wait to share!

Who: Myself, Mom & Dad
What: A trip to Disney!
Where: 7 nights at Pop Century
When: October 5th-12th
Why: Who needs a reason to go to Disney?! haha but really we had MANY reasons! 1) I've been dying to attend MNSSHP & F&W. 2) Birthday celebrations for myself and parents, as well as anniversary celebration for them! 3) We were in need of a good family vacation!
How: Flying with JetBlue!

Photo 1 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

I am an only child and very close with my parents. While I was just at Disney in January, they haven't been in about 20 years! Alot of this was brand new to them and it was very exciting to be their "tour guide". They were very impressed with my touring strategies and even though I may have packed a lot in, they admitted they were glad to see so much and that I did a good job, so yay for me!

So I hope you will join me in recapping an amazing trip :goodvibes

I'm in! I'm going solo probably with just my parents in December, we're staying at POP too!

Day 1- Arriving at Disney!

Arrival morning was pretty uneventful! We woke up, got ready, and packed all our last minute items. My uncle, who was kind enough to drive us to the airport, picked us up around 8:30am for our 11:30am flight. There was NO traffic and we arrived at the airport in about 20 minutes. There was absoutely noone on line at the check-in counter, something I've never seen before! It took less than 5 minutes to check our bags and get our boarding passes! We went through security, which is never fun haha, and were at our gate with tons of time to spare.

2013-10-05 09.16.03-1 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

The terminal was small with not a lot to do. My parents got some breakfast and I opted for a turkey & cheese wrap which ended up not being too good and I only ate half of :-/ Boarding time eventually; when we got on the plane I was immediately impressed with JetBlue! There was SO much legroom and the seats were very comfy. We took off right on time and were told we'd even be landing about half hour early, woo hoo :cool1: I spent the flight watching some TV, listening to music, and enjoying my free snack of chocolate chip cookies :)

Photo Oct 05, 12 08 30 PM by missangelalexis, on Flickr

Once we landed, I was pretty much bouncing out of my seat with excitement. We got off the plane and didn't need to pick up our bags since we decided to let Disney handle that ;) and that is when I made a mini boo boo! I don't think I fully grasped the concept that there are 2 identical sides to MCO. So when we went down, I totally brought us to the WRONG side! We walked alllll the way down only to realize we were on the wrong side. It wasn't a huge deal and luckily we were all too excited to get mad! We finally made it to the right side and approached the DME counter! Time for the first test of the Magic bands. I tapped my band and...nothing! Mom tapped hers and it worked fine! Except it only listed Mom and Dad on the reservation! Luckily I had the paper book handy and we were able to get right on a bus.

2013-10-05 14.15.08-1 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We waited about 10 minutes before pulling out and heading to our hotel! The bus was pretty crowded, but there was 1 seat available right up front so I told mom to sit there so she could get a good picture of the sign while Dad and I headed towards the back so we could sit together. Sure enough, Mom did get a great pic of the sign :)

1347 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

After stopping at AoA, we were HERE!

1354 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

The check-in line wasn't too bad, we waited about 10 minutes. I was pretty excited to find out what building we would get! Dad was hoping for the 60s but I kinda figured that wouldn't be happening. So which building did we get?

2013-10-05 15.16.21 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

The 80s! No complaints there as I was just hoping for anything but the 70s since I already stayed there! We were also on the first floor which was awesome! I also checked to make sure my magic band was functioning and the CM said it was! We made the trek to the room (which was a little long I must admit..and only seemed to get longer as the trip went on :rotfl2:) and I tapped my band to enter the room. Did it work? Yes it did, phew! We all checked our bands to make sure they were working and they were. Of course we always carried our KTTW cards just in case but we actually never had a problem with our bands to need to use them! Our room was right by the Computer Pool near the Roger Rabbit statue. It was a great location and super quiet throughout our stay! We left our carry ons in the room and headed to Classic Hall to get some drinks and a snack for myself since I was starving! We sat for a little bit before heading to Downtown Disney!

2013-10-05 16.20.45 by missangelalexis, on Flickr

We always end up in the 80's at POP lol!

I love JetBlue and their free snacks and TV they are the best!

I subscribed to your TR since we were there at the same time and also stayed at POP. Very interested to see if you got any of our crew in your pictures. There were 26 of us total!!!

Do you fly out of Newark Liberty (I'm assuming only because it says you are in New Jersey)? If so you MUST have been in the "A" terminal, and YES it is pretty tiny and really really boring. Terminal "C" has so much more.

Haha, you are certainly not the first to go to the wrong side at MCO.

YAY POP!! :cheer2:

We always end up in the 80's at POP lol!

I love JetBlue and their free snacks and TV they are the best!

LOL hopefully you will get somewhere different on your upcoming trip! I was soo pleased with JetBlue and plan on flying with them again!

I subscribed to your TR since we were there at the same time and also stayed at POP. Very interested to see if you got any of our crew in your pictures. There were 26 of us total!!!

How funny! That's quite a big group! I hope you all had fun :)

Do you fly out of Newark Liberty (I'm assuming only because it says you are in New Jersey)? If so you MUST have been in the "A" terminal, and YES it is pretty tiny and really really boring. Terminal "C" has so much more.

Haha, you are certainly not the first to go to the wrong side at MCO.

YAY POP!! :cheer2:

Yes I do and yes it was Terminal A! You sure know your stuff! I am so used to Terminal C that it was quite a difference! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who makes that mistake ;)

Yay, you started the trip report! I can't wait to hear all about it. Pop is a family favorite in our house! I also just customized our magicbands for our upcoming trip, and it's good to hear you didn't have many problems with them.:cool1: We're going to be there for Food and Wine Festival, so I'm excited to hear about your experience with that too! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to read more!

Just lettin ya know I am reading! I love child free TRs! Nothing against kids, I just don't have any so I have a hard time relating and getting into the reports of those who do.

I stayed in the 80s section of Pop on our last trip but the poster in our room was a little different from the one you posted. I am now wondering if they updated it or if there are actually multiple versions of the posters within each decade. I guess I will see what happens on my next Pop stay in March...requested the 80s section.

Because I am a weirdo with an over active imagination, the picture of the in flight music made me chuckle. I had this mental image in my head of some cool collected radio announcers voice advertising Jet Blue's all day, every day music selection of 80s, 90s, and Demons. :rotfl2:

Joining! Excited to follow along with your first ever trip report - you are off to a great start.

That is so awesome that you are able to share your love and knowledge of Disney aworld with your parents - I think fair to say the a lot has changed there in 20 years ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter