Did room stays used to include a water park or ESPN option? And luggage tags?

luvavacation

DIS Veteran
Perhaps my memory is failing me, but I have a couple of tickets from years ago that are for one's choice of ESPN or a water park visit. For the life of me, I can't remember if these were part of the "extras" that were given when one was staying at a Disney hotel? I have a vague memory of receiving these for on property stays. And luggage tags also used to be sent to one's home before the vacation began, correct?

These tickets were from the early 2000's. Can anyone clarify if I am remembering this correctly?

ESPN Zone coupon, free rounds of mini golf (before 4 pm), and DisneyQuest. They were, and still are, part of buying package. They still give the coupon packet (it's down to mini-goilf only) and complimentary luggage tags, but they rarely mail them anymore. You get them at the hotel. Either they'll attached them to the door or you have to go and ask for them at the front desk.

ESPN Zone coupon, free rounds of mini golf (before 4 pm), and DisneyQuest. They were, and still are, part of buying package. They still give the coupon packet (it's down to mini-goilf only) and complimentary luggage tags, but they rarely mail them anymore. You get them at the hotel. Either they'll attached them to the door or you have to go and ask for them at the front desk.
DisneyQuest closed in 2017. I believe ESPN Zone is gone too; the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk closed this spring.

Last edited:
DisneyQuest closed in 2017. I believe ESPN Zone is gone too; the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk closed this spring.

Yeah, sorry, the ESPN Club. ESPN Zone was a short-lived chain of sport bar restaurants akin to the Hard Rock Cafe and Planet Hollywood. The ESPN CLub never reopened, and they were letting guests trade in the ESPN Club coupon for additional rounds of golf (all in all it offered like 8 rounds of mini golf). My point was they coupon package now only includes mini golf because everything else is gone.

I do remember the luggage tags. But what good are they if you don't get them before you travel? :confused3

And Magic Bands used to be included too! It was so fun to receive them in the fancy box before the trip.

The tags really aren't the durable anyway.

The last time I received luggage tags was in November 2019 when I did a 2 day stay at Coronado Springs. I agree with maltdizzy, they were very flimsy and I didn't use them. They're probably rotting away in my dresser somewhere. I did read that Disney stopped mailing luggage tags in January 2021.

We went at least once, many times several trips a year since 1989. Last full trip, including parks and resort stay was 2012. Water park tickets were never "included" with a resort stay unless it was a special promotion. We never received them, always had to do the add on for the water parks. My daughter confiscated the luggage tags and the final one broke on her last trip in March, so they did hang in there for awhile.

I have a couple of tickets from years ago that are for one's choice of ESPN or a water park visit
I think what you have/remember is the “plus” options that is an add-on to tickets. Water parks and more, now call water parks and sports or park hopper plus option, includes entry to ESPN WWoS or the water parks or mini golf or Oak Trail golf.

I just booked a room only package for June, and the email I got shows that I'm getting luggage tags and "Magical Extras", both of which are supposed to be mailed to my home before my trip.

The Magical Extras seems to be my choice of one round of mini gold at either course, or admission to Disney's Wide World of Sports.

We got a package for our March trip that had luggage tags, coupons for mini golf, and a card for some discounts some places. I think that was it but not sure. We didn’t use any of them. We always say we will use the mini golf ones (we love mini golf) but just never have made it.

The last time I received luggage tags was in November 2019 when I did a 2 day stay at Coronado Springs. I agree with maltdizzy, they were very flimsy and I didn't use them. They're probably rotting away in my dresser somewhere. I did read that Disney stopped mailing luggage tags in January 2021.
We go next week and I got a package with the 50th anniversary luggage tags and the discount card/mini golf coupons on Saturday. I fully expected to pick them up when we arrived so I was pleasantly surprised!

OK, now I'm hoping for/expecting the luggage tags for my September trip! :yay:

We go next week and I got a package with the 50th anniversary luggage tags and the discount card/mini golf coupons on Saturday. I fully expected to pick them up when we arrived so I was pleasantly surprised!
Interesting, guess it must be completely random because I've done a few onsite trips since 2019 and I never received a tag for any of them. I have a trip next week and didn't receive one. I hope everyone that wants one is able to get one :)

Interesting, guess it must be completely random because I've done a few onsite trips since 2019 and I never received a tag for any of them. I have a trip next week and didn't receive one. I hope everyone that wants one is able to get one :)
Did you book a room only reservation (5-day cancellation) or a basic package (30-day cancellation)? Both are only a resort room, but have different policies and payment requirements. With an annual pass I only book room only since the coupons and luggage tags never tempted me enough to give up the better cancellation window and payment policy of paying in full at check-in vs 30 days prior to arrival.

You need to book a basic package over the phone. The only package you can book online now that dining plans are gone is a resort room with tickets.

Thanks for letting me know my memory isn't totally wrong! :sunny:

I still have, and use, the luggage tags that had Tinkerbell on them. They have been many places, and are showing much wear, so I should replace them, but they are so cute, and they remind me of vacations gone by when I see them come down the conveyor belt at baggage claim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter