"Did Pluto Just Give You A Lap Dance?" 10 days of Naughty & Nice!

Just wanted to poke my head in here for a bit... love reading your PTR and your TR so far... and wanted to mention that my fiancee' and I are similar to you and Dan... Married previously, weren't really looking for anyone but happened to find each other and we couldn't be more meant for each other... we've been together a little over 6 months and will be getting married on a DCL cruise in September 2009! Love your idea of the "bonus" kids... we each have 2 kids from our previous marriages... looking forward to reading more of your TR...

UGH! I hate photobucket. Any time I have uploaded pics to it, I have ended up with a locked computer and the whole thign shutting down. Have you tried imageshack? I have used them periodically with no problems.
Ok - going to give that a try...need to get that darn thing posted and glad I am not crazy about this sort of problem...
So glad you are ok. I've had more concussions than I care to think about. I am probably the most accident prone person anyone will ever meet.Seriously.
Step in line sistah...I...who sell Tupperware...was gracefull enough to step on the blade of our Lil Chopper...after bmy fatola cat knocked it to the ground...off my desk...in my office...yeah..can ya say blood gushing everywhere and several setsof internal and external stitches...and my upline Director...passing on all the infor to my team so now everytime the Lil Chopper is displayed...I get the..."Sharp huh" schpeel...we should not hang out...unless it is in the hospital!:lmao:
Treynor sounds like an absolute sweetheart. My heart melted when you said he felt bad that you missed the reaction so he replayed it for you,so to speak. You have some pretty great children there:hug:
Treyner is a good kid...despite needing to read 210 pages of a book my morning right now...:sad2: they all are amazing in their own ways...and like every momma...I would not trade them for anything...:love:
Subbing

I just read the entire PTR and all 7 pages of the TR, and I am hooked.
I laughed my butt off at your PTR, then cried about your son's burns.
Thank you for saying that...did you just read today...? We need to talk about entertainment...cause if I am that good I need to start writing for a profession and make $100!:rotfl2:
I was so happy to read that the trip was still on, it must have been quite a trip for you all, after the horrible month you lived.
I can't wait to read all the fun details :goodvibes
Awesome actually...
Just wanted to poke my head in here for a bit... love reading your PTR and your TR so far... and wanted to mention that my fiancee' and I are similar to you and Dan... Married previously, weren't really looking for anyone but happened to find each other and we couldn't be more meant for each other... we've been together a little over 6 months and will be getting married on a DCL cruise in September 2009! Love your idea of the "bonus" kids... we each have 2 kids from our previous marriages... looking forward to reading more of your TR...

Since you brought it up and we are so simpatico like Twins in da Utero...
:confused3 Guess what?

Just sayin I have been dying to share this...since Christmas Eve in fact...but Dan did not have his girls Christmas until this weekend...and they deserved to know before you all...so I had to wait...and have you seen the size of my mouth...? It was hard...:headache:

We will be planning a wedding as well in 2010...and...hold onto your 1998 cotton and not good looking on anyone, stirup pants ladies...and you freaky men who wore the same thing...:scared1:

we think....very seriously...that it just may be at WDW...ahemm...Lucy...we gotsome plannin to do... :woohoo:

Okay...off to download some pics...:worship:

we think....very seriously...that it just may be at WDW...

No way! :woohoo: I hope you didn't think we wouldn't be stopping by for a celebratory drink. :rolleyes1Congratulations! I so thought you we're already married but now you can do a wedding TR! :yay:

No way! :woohoo: I hope you didn't think we wouldn't be stopping by for a celebratory drink. :rolleyes1Congratulations! I so thought you we're already married but now you can do a wedding TR! :yay:
Nope Dan and I are not hitched yet...and do not think you will not be invited to the wedding...you can replace the family I don't want to invite!;)
OMG!! You are freakin hilarious!! Can't wait for more!!
When did you see mee neked...cause that is the only time I seem to get laughs...them tassles don't hang where they use to...and old hillbillys stuffing quarters in my granny panties is not payin rent anymore...:3dglasses

Seriously...imageshack will not let you create an account until they can get one bug free...and photo bucket is whacked...and other suggestions?

The pics have been erased and are only on disc...ugh...:confused3

Day 2 - "Where's the Beach?"

I am an early riser...never sleep it... drives me crazy sometimes...but today...I was greatful...because I was up at 6am..before the sun...stepped onto the patio....over Treyner...and greeted the day...:cool2:

Treyner's bedding reminants after he moved inside!

00000034-4.jpg

A site I wish I woke up to every Day!

00000036-2.jpg

Baylor was up as well...and I asked him if he wanted to head down to the water with me...no one else was moving...or cared when they heard what we were doing...:sad2:

We threw on clothes...and I know I looked like heck...but I did not care...Baylor even wore a pair of my sparkle flip flops :laughing: ... since his were never found from the past summer...

The lobby was empty...we walked down to the path that leads around the back of the resort...and noticed all the upgrades to the overlook and the staircase leading down to the beach...we had not been there since March 2005 and much had been lost to a hurricane...

The second we hit the sand...Baylor started to perk up...he went barefoot...rolled up his jeans...and we both walked along the water...watching the sun creeping into the sky...we had the whole beach to ourselves...and that will be one of my keepsake memories of this trip...

Baylor and me...and me watching Baylor timidly put his foot into the water...not sure how his graft site will feel...not knowing what he will feel since so much sensation had been lost...

I assured him that the doctors said the salt water would be great...no worries...but he still hesitates...not sure anymore...more cautious than he has ever been...and that makes me sad...because those rambunctious boy moments when I wondered what was he thinking...that can drive you crazy...are what makes him Baylor...and he needs to get back to that...God help me...but I miss it...:sad1:

I took some pics of those first few moments...and they are the best...

00000040.jpg

We walked for about 20 minutes...talking about how far he had come...remembering the first time he tried to stand after his surgery and could not make it more than 2 feet...and now...a month later...walking minus crutches or wheelchairs...just on his own power...

We explored the sand and the story the ocean leaves behind when it throws it's memories onto the shore...little pieces of history and remnants of creatures that live a life we can only imagine about...

About 5 minutes into the walk...Baylor found a perfect shell...and held it...looking thoughtfully...and then...

Baylor asked if the animals that lived in the shells left behind...ever wondered what happened to their old shell...did they have memories of what it had been...or did they only know the now...

Pretty profound...and I kept my composure…and carefully said what I thought...

I told him that they may have some memory of the old....but God provided them with a new shell...a new skin...a way to protect themselves that was different than before...but just as good...and maybe even stronger…better.

He just nodded...and we walked on...

We started seeing a few other walkers...found some more great shells...and decided we should not be selfish...even if the rest did not know that it was for their own good...and get them up...and start the day...

We met a couple on their last day of the vacation that were new to DVC...spoke a bit…they were from the East Coast...and had given a DVC stay to their daughter and husband as a wedding gift...then they had the thought grandkids might come soon...and bought more points! :lmao:

Baylor and I headed up to the room...woke up the kids and Dan...and we all got ready to head down to breakfast at Shutters. We decided since we were not going to have dinner till late...we needed a big breakfast...

The first ones ready were Dan, Baylor and I...and so we headed down to get a table...passing into the reception area of Shutters...we came across a TV room...playing classic Disney cartoons...there we lost Baylor as he sat...

Treyner and Carsyn followed downstairs within a few minutes...and I got pics of them watching the classics...
00000044-1.jpg

Then we left to get our table...and the boys...did not follow...:happytv:

I do not know why...but there is something to being at a Disney property and watching old shows that fascinates them...always has...

So the three of us were seated...assured the waitress that there were 5 in the party...and then...looked over the menu...and placed the orders...including the ones for the boys...who were still glued to the tube...

I figured...snooze ya looze...no ordering what you want for you...choices and consequences my little cherubs...choices and consequences...

They showed up...with coloring crayons and menus for kids...and proceeded to spend the next 15 minutes...coloring...happy as clams...and deciding who had the best of the menus to color...:teacher: Ahemm..competitive party of 3 ..competitive party of 3 please!
00000045.jpg

00000046.jpg

Then I had to take a pic of Dan and Baylor...who are really great friends now after Dan spent so much time with him while he was in the hospital...
00000047.jpg

The food there...was overall...blech...and that is being nice...

I ordered an omelet and grits...McDonald has better eggs and theirs stinks...really rubbery and not fresh tasting...

Dan had corned beef hash skillet...and American potatoes…not fried...very raw tasting...

Baylor wolfed down his Mickey waffle with strawberries...but for an adult portion at $9...not big at all...

Carsyn had a breakfast burrito...and it was massive...she liked the flavor and said it was good...

Treyner had...cinnamon French toast with bananas…not great and also small and not filling...he ate off my plate and Dan's and Carsyn's...

I was disappointed because last time we had had great food...and the place was empty...so I am not sure why the eggs were bad...unless they had been cooked before and were sitting...

We finished up...and got ready to start our day...after a few pics...
00000051.jpg

00000048.jpg

00000049.jpg

Carsyn posing for the next pic of Vogue!
00000056-2.jpg

My favorite of the Day...watching the boys run...and Baylor trying to catch up to Treyner...who is treating him like normal...not giving him a head start and expecting him to hold his own...love that moment...

00000057.jpg

00000058.jpg

:badpc: holy cow..I have had some success...more pics to post in a few minutes! This has taken me over 10 hours...of turning on and off the computer...

You better love the pictures cause I must love you all for doing this!:lovestruc

There's nothing like an empty beach in the morning!
I could spend hours just sitting and watching the waves:goodvibes

Congratulations Dawn!!!!
And a disney wedding!!!:yay: :woohoo: :banana: :cool1: :dance3:

hey Dawn-

I am so glad you finally posted about Vero. It's so great that your kids were so excited about Vero. I sometimes take the ocean for granted because I live so close to it (little over an hour), but I felt the magic at Vero and I hope to go back sometime.

Sorry your breakfast was so blah. We never ate at Shutter's, although I wished we had tried it. Did you try that little pizza place that was right on the corner. We ordered take out from there one evening and it was very good. Plus, with our ocean view, it was better than dining out. No view could compare.

Sorry you are having trouble with photobucket. Maybe you could copy some of my photos and post them. See my June trip report. I posted lots of Vero pics and I have hundreds more on my computer.

Yes, we love you for all this hard work! :lovestruc Your writing is so interesting that I don't even miss the pictures. That was great being able to spend the early morning on the beach--it's my favorite time.

Congratulations Dawn :bride:
Wow, over a year to plan, you are going to have the greatest time putting that together :goodvibes

Yes, I did read your PTR and TR all in one day, one sitting actually, but in my defense, I decided to take a lazy, internet reading day before going back to work today! There was no need really, because after only 4 hours of work today, they sent me home due to lack of sales and service calls. So, here I am looking for someone's trip to live vicariously through!

I feel like I know Baylor, after reading your PTR. Gosh, I can almost feel how your heart ached to see his hesitation. He has my prayers for a full emotional recovery. The mental is so much more difficult than the physical. :hug:

There's nothing like an empty beach in the morning!
I could spend hours just sitting and watching the waves:goodvibes
Me too...favorite by far...I subscribe to Coastal Living magazine..and live nowhere near the coast!
Congratulations Dawn!!!!
And a disney wedding!!!:yay: :woohoo: :banana: :cool1: :dance3:
It could be way fun...and actually pretty cheap...have some great thoughts of how I would like it to be...and lucky for Dan...he agrees!:rotfl:
hey Dawn-

I am so glad you finally posted about Vero. It's so great that your kids were so excited about Vero. I sometimes take the ocean for granted because I live so close to it (little over an hour), but I felt the magic at Vero and I hope to go back sometime.
It is magical...have you ever been to Hilton Head...need to head there...
Sorry your breakfast was so blah. We never ate at Shutter's, although I wished we had tried it. Did you try that little pizza place that was right on the corner. We ordered take out from there one evening and it was very good. Plus, with our ocean view, it was better than dining out. No view could compare.
I wish we had stayed another day...but we did not know how Baylor was going to do...and it was hard to make sure we had another place to go if it did not go well...I can't wait to take them back...
Sorry you are having trouble with photobucket. Maybe you could copy some of my photos and post them. See my June trip report. I posted lots of Vero pics and I have hundreds more on my computer.
I will let you know if I need them...thank you so much for offering!
Yes, we love you for all this hard work! :lovestruc Your writing is so interesting that I don't even miss the pictures. That was great being able to spend the early morning on the beach--it's my favorite time.
You are so sweet...and such a suck-up :lmao: ...I am so excited you are along for the ride...mornings on the beach are the pieces of heaven we can touch on earth...
Congrats on the wedding. Also really glad to read about Baylor's progress! I'm subbed :)

Thanks so much...glad you subbed and are so new to the Dis...great complement..

I subscribe to Coastal Living magazine..and live nowhere near the coast!

Living near the coast is a requirement? :rolleyes1

Love the pictures! :thumbsup2 I wonder why you're having such a hard time with PB. :confused3 Although I usually only upload a few at at time.

Oh my, I have spent my day at work reading your TR. Probably not the smartest thing since I have been laughing hysterically. ;)

I can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Living near the coast is a requirement? :rolleyes1

Love the pictures! :thumbsup2 I wonder why you're having such a hard time with PB. :confused3 Although I usually only upload a few at at time.
It's the goofiest thing...only about 5 pics on the CD now won't uload...but everything else will...and ya..a coast is not a bathtub's edge! :lmao:
Oh my, I have spent my day at work reading your TR. Probably not the smartest thing since I have been laughing hysterically. ;)

I can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

Hey! Glad you are back from the PTR...missed ya!:goodvibes

Dawn -

Your pics are great. I couldn't see them at work. Your view is spectacular and your kids are so cute/handsome!

BTW - congrats on the wedding!!!!!!!!!! A Disney wedding. You have to write a report on that! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to try Hilton Head - maybe next summer, cause I'm doing AK villas this summer!

Dawn -

Your pics are great. I couldn't see them at work. Your view is spectacular and your kids are so cute/handsome!
Loved it..and thanks for the complement! I will tell them that their crazy personalities did not ooze through the pics and that their smiles are still winning people over!
BTW - congrats on the wedding!!!!!!!!!! A Disney wedding. You have to write a report on that! :thumbsup2
May start it as early as next month...will let ya know..keep ya in the loop if ya will...:)
I can't wait to try Hilton Head - maybe next summer, cause I'm doing AK villas this summer!

I keep telling myself next year too...but I need to make it happen...so much to see on the east coast but the mouse keeps sucking me in!

Bad mouse..bad mouse!
:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter