• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did Pixar save Disney World?

disneydad78

DIS Veteran
What do you think? Where would WDW be without Pixar right now? From the movies, attractions etc.

Universal is IMHO , is kicking Disney's "backend". Disney builds a new fantasyland which takes years to announce and build. It's pretty, well done but you can't spend a day there, maybe 1-2 hrs. While Universal rocked Harry Potter and seem like they built it in half the time. You could spend a day in both Harry Potter lands.

Back to question in hand. Where would Disney be without Pixar? I think Mickey is kissing the shoes of Woody, Buzz and the tires of all the Cars.

Not only did Pixar save WDW - it saved Disney. Without Pixar and its incredibly talented officers/employees, the Disney company was in danger of having to close its whole animation business. Without that basis, it would be a very, very different world right now.

Sorry but in my opinion Pixar is the worst of Disney I'm not a huge fan of any of those titles
But just my opinion

It was Steve Jobs who owned a large portion of both companies.

IMHO, the theme parks would be doing fine all by themselves. We'd lose TSMM, MILF, BLRS, Finding Nemo at the Living Seas, Turtle Talk w/Crush, Finding Nemo: the Musical, and It's Tough to be a Bug. Only one of those rides is a 1 tier.

It was Steve Jobs who owned a large portion of both companies.

IMHO, the theme parks would be doing fine all by themselves. We'd lose TSMM, MILF, BLRS, Finding Nemo at the Living Seas, Turtle Talk w/Crush, Finding Nemo: the Musical, and It's Tough to be a Bug. Only one of those rides is a 1 tier.
I agree I think the theme parks would be fine but the company overall maybe not so much. Pixar gave disney an extremely talented team of animators and someone to lead them with John Lasseter. Without that I think the disney animation would not be as strong in my opinion. Who's also to say that disney would've bought Star Wars and marvel if they didn't buy pixar. I also think pixar may have saved DCA more than WDW because of carsland.

I don't think Disney would have gained the viewership or audience Pixar has brought them. My kids can not stand the " new" weird looking Mickey, Donald , Goofy etc cartoons on the Disney channel. They do watch a love the old 1940s-1980s Mickey cartoons. That's because I had to show them, Disney is not even showing them anymore. We had to buy the DVDS and lucky for us there are hours and hours on YouTube. Thank you appleTV!! However they all love Pixar and can't wait to see the next best thing that comes from Pixar. From my kids eyes , this is what I see. Yes TSMM maybe the only teir 1 ride but look at the transformation it brought. Look at the overall audience it brought. I'm sorry but I do not believe the Mickey cartoons of today are doing that. My kids hate the new Disney animation. I don't believe that has an interest among youth. Why do we not see all the merchandise this "new" generation at WDW? Nope. It's the old Mickey that's sells and Pixar. I don't think Disney would have had the buying power to purchase Marvel nor Star Wars without Pixar and the money it made for Disney.

I don't think Disney would have gained the viewership or audience Pixar has brought them. My kids can not stand the " new" weird looking Mickey, Donald , Goofy etc cartoons on the Disney channel. They do watch a love the old 1940s-1980s Mickey cartoons. That's because I had to show them, Disney is not even showing them anymore. We had to buy the DVDS and lucky for us there are hours and hours on YouTube. Thank you appleTV!! However they all love Pixar and can't wait to see the next best thing that comes from Pixar. From my kids eyes , this is what I see. Yes TSMM maybe the only teir 1 ride but look at the transformation it brought. Look at the overall audience it brought. I'm sorry but I do not believe the Mickey cartoons of today are doing that. My kids hate the new Disney animation. I don't believe that has an interest among youth. Why do we not see all the merchandise this "new" generation at WDW? Nope. It's the old Mickey that's sells and Pixar. I don't think Disney would have had the buying power to purchase Marvel nor Star Wars without Pixar and the money it made for Disney.
While your kids may not like it I know kids that do. I'd also add that George Lucas didn't really want to sell to anyone other than Disney because he had a good partnership with them. Pixar also isn't the biggest merchandise money maker for disney either, Disney Princesses are. So yes pixar defintely helped disney bring in money and help save their animation studio at the time I don't think it saved WDW or really has anything to do with WDW right now. With that said based on what I've heard pixar could and likely will have a larger presence soon at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter