Did not receive 40% Discount

NickP33

Mouseketeer
I just made reservations about 2 hours ago for POP Centrury the weekend of Sept. 21-24. I am going to compete in the triathlon. CM said I did not have a pin # attached to my name but I got reservations for $105.66 a night after taxes for preffered room. Does that sound about right?

hey if your a contestant in the triathalon you might want to try this website:
www.anthonytravel.com
they book travel for participants in various disney events at a discount, and also sell heavily discounted theme park tickets to contestants as well.

That is rack rate. A preferred room at POP would be $94 a night before taxes during value season.
Do you have AAA?

No, I do not have AAA. I looked on the Anthony Travel web page the other day, but I did not see anything on the Triathlon. Plenty for the marathon though. I was thinking about adding the dining package. Is this a pretty good deal?

I would highly recommend the $65 investment in AAA. It shows as $65.60 per night at POP for that time periord. You are only going for a few nights, but the discounts are definately worth the membership cost.

It may be too soon for Anthony to have all the details for September i see they only have until August now.you can always call the 1-800 number and speak to them personally.I have used them before for another event and they always had decent deals... You MIGHT be able to do better on rooms if a code comes o ut, but you will never beat their prices for tickets..last year we used them for tickets to the parks while a friends DD was competing in a soccer event, and we only paid about 179 per person for 5 day park hoppers.... but you can only get them if you are in the event or if you are traveling to see someone compete, and they WILL verify it (in case anyone was thinking of trying it)

I booked Pop for 6 nights in Sept. through a travel agent from here on the Disboards. For a standard room, I got the 40% off which comes to $55 and change per night including taxes and fees.

I would highly recommend the $65 investment in AAA. It shows as $65.60 per night at POP for that time periord. You are only going for a few nights, but the discounts are definately worth the membership cost.

aaa for that time preferred room would be 84.60 compared to the 105 op is talking about. You would about break even with buying aaa membership over a 3 night stay (maybe even save a tiny bit since your membership may be cheaper.) There are some added benefits if you book through aaa (dont know if you have to have a package to get them) like a small discount at dtd, closer parking, discount on tours, story time, plus all the regular aaa benefits you will have for the following year at any other hotels you may be staying at, car stuff etc.

We find the dining plan well worth it.

Thank you for all of your help! If there is not a pin attached to my name now, could I possibly call later on to see if one has been added?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter