• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did I miss the memo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

civileng68

<font color=teal>That May scare the poopy out of m
Is it Brazilian Congregation Day in the Magic Kingdom today? Good grief.

Oh btw, could someone tell the Brazilians that obnoxiousness isnt attractive?

Totally par for the course.

I've decided that the best touring strategy is to just run away from the flags.

Or pretend to be one of them and join the group when they take over a fastpass line

Go with the flow. Learn some Portuguese, sing along with the songs, and definitely go in for the :grouphug:

The groups were just starting to arrive the last few days of our trip last week. It was mainly large family groups though. We only saw one flag, but lots of matching shirts ;)

yanno, they prolly say exacty the same things about US in their country.

yanno, they prolly say exacty the same things about US in their country.

The last time I was in Sao Paulo I didn't see any large groups of Americans chanting, cutting in front of people and being generally obnoxious while following an oblivious leader from point to point. Just saying.

The last time I was in Sao Paulo I didn't see any large groups of Americans chanting, cutting in front of people and being generally obnoxious while following an oblivious leader from point to point. Just saying.

Amen! We are leaving for WDW a week from tomorrow, and I totally thought that we wouldn't have to deal with the Brazilian groups at all this time of year. So now I'm a little bummed. I try to go with the flow, but I don't like dealing with mob rudeness and unchecked bad manners. Hopefully, it's not really a large number of groups!:confused:

Good for you!

If you want to avoid the Brazilian Touring Groups don't go to the Orlando area in
July, December and January (when school's out there), the week before Easter ("Semana Santa" holiday) and the week of October 12th ("Dia da Criança", many schools have no classes during this week).

ANY group can be obnoxious and terrible annoying. I've sometimes been embarassed by groups of countrymen totally oblivious to the other visitors.
I've been annoyed at groups of French schoolkids in museums, German groups at beaches or pools and yes American groups too. Honest, do they really need to compare everything to stuff back home and then complain that at home it's bigger/cheaper/cleaner/better??? And do so LOUDLY??:confused3

Many people forget that when they are in a groups they don't need to always stand together blocking roads, stay together in line or leave some space for others.

That's really not limited to Brasilians Or Americans or whatever nationality....

I have met many, many nice, kind, intelligent Americans/Germans/French too.

But groups are a reason we took hoppers :) That way we can cut and run when one park is overrun....

ANY group can be obnoxious and terrible annoying. I've sometimes been embarassed by groups of countrymen totally oblivious to the other visitors.
I've been annoyed at groups of French schoolkids in museums, German groups at beaches or pools and yes American groups too. Honest, do they really need to compare everything to stuff back home and then complain that at home it's bigger/cheaper/cleaner/better??? And do so LOUDLY??:confused3

Many people forget that when they are in a groups they don't need to always stand together blocking roads, stay together in line or leave some space for others.

That's really not limited to Brasilians Or Americans or whatever nationality....

I have met many, many nice, kind, intelligent Americans/Germans/French too.

But groups are a reason we took hoppers :) That way we can cut and run when one park is overrun....

:thumbsup2

I agree that not all Brazilian tour groups are bad. I've been there in July, and I go nearly every December and/or January, and I've never had the bad experiences that have been posted here. Sure, there are lots of big groups roaming around which increases the crowds - but I just go in a different direction when I see one headed my way. My last July trip was when they had the Summer Nightastic thing going on, and I got my seat for MSEP very early to get a good angle for photos/video. By parade time, I was completely surrounded by the tour groups - on both sides, across the street, everywhere. None of them behaved badly. They just chatted amongst themselves and waited for the parade. I don't doubt the posters who have had problems - but I just haven't experienced the same thing.

I think there can be issues with a lot of groups that have lots of teens and tweens - whether it's the sporting groups or whatever. When you get a group where everyone is trying to "out cool" everyone else, it can get way out of control if there isn't some strong supervision. At the same time, I've been there during Pop Warner and during the winter cheerleading competitions, and I haven't seen the horrible behavior from those groups either.

No matter when you go to WDW, you're likely to see some sort of tour groups or sporting groups, or even just large family groups. Don't let them get you down!

Go with the flow. Learn some Portuguese, sing along with the songs, and definitely go in for the :grouphug:

hahaha
5.gif

I saw a few Brazilian groups here this past week, none of them were causing a problem for me. The only trouble I had with other guests was on line for Kali River. A very loud, obnoxious family of 13 (I know there were 13 of them because they kept carrying on about it). The kids were pushing each other, the teens were climbing all over the height check stations and the parents were calling the kids names.
When we got to the front, they were split up because they cannot all fit in one raft...some of them were going to be with me and my daughter...I visibly cringed I guess, because the cm took one look at my face (after having trouble with them himself) and put us in the next boat. I said thank you and he smiled and said you're welcome...
Oh...they were American...not Brazilian...

We go in Dec. so we ran into some cheerleading groups etc. I don't mind them, we just get excited when we don't see a flag or a big crowd in the park that we go to. I can't remember any bad experiences but I know the loud singing & chanting can go. I hate trying to talk & having to wait for them to pass in order to finish my sentence. And as much as I try to remember their excited to be there just as much as we are respect is what it's about, and I find their singing & chanting very rude.

Did you see Brazillians chanting, cutting in line in front of people or being obnoxious? I don't wish this to sound rude, but I'm just trying to understand if it's a cultural thing, or do they just do this while on vacation.

The Brazilian tour groups get a bad rep because they are poorly chaperoned - too many kids, not enough responsible adults.

We brought down a group of 90 kids from our middle school - no issues at all. We have one chaperone for every 4 kids, plus two nurses, a bunch of teachers and the school principal. The kids do 2-3 YES programs, then get the rest of the time to tour in small groups. I had the biggest group, 11 kids and 3 chaperones. We had one issue with one girl, it was brought to the principal's attention, and she was told that she had to toe the line or she'd be going home. Problem solved.

At night, we had magnets on the doors so the kids knew we would know if someone tried to get out. We also hired security to patrol the wing of the onsite value resort we were staying at. We've been told we have the best reputation as a school group, and Disney uses our plan as a model for other school groups.

At night, we had magnets on the doors so the kids knew we would know if someone tried to get out.

Could be a slow morning for me...it is still early...but can you explain how this works? I am sure when you tell me, I'll slap my forehead and yell "DUH!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter