• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did I mess up when booking CRT for my DD? Help!

Spoisal

DIS Veteran
So, my DD 17 and her 18 year old friend (we will call her DDFr 18) are going to Disney the week after they graduate from high school for their "senior week" trip. It is a gift from me & my DH and the DDFr's parents. I have a MDX account and I have been booking all of the reservations for the 2 of them, but using my account. Pop Century, fast passes, BOG ADR, etc. Everything is in DDFr 18 and DD 17s name - no problem & easy peasy.

SO....we decided to book them a CRT dinner. I have to be honest, I hadn't researched it much and we haven't been there for over 10 years. I didn't even know that you had to prepay, but my credit card is tied to the account, so no problem. All I know is that the reservations are still very hard to get - so when I stumbled upon a 6:40 ADR, I grabbed it & booked it. So I go into my MDX account & the reservation is in my name & DDFr's name. MDX won't let me swap out my name for my DDs name. I am not even going to be in WDW. So I called & I was told that there is no 3rd party booking and that they can't change my name to my DDs on the ADR. What the heck?! So, I have questions about this: is this going to cause my DD trouble? Do they check your ID or scan your MB at these prepaid CRT meals? Will they know that DD is not me? Will there be a problem? We have the same last name - it is an ADR for 2 and 2 girls are going to the dinner. I am worried that they will get there & DD will not be allowed in AND we will lose the $ for the prepaid ADR. Help!

I haven't been to Disney since MDE came into play but I highly doubt that they even look at who is on the reservation. I wouldn't worry in the slightest.

Not a problem. They will not ask for ID. When your daughter and her friend arrive at the podium just have them give your name because the reservation is in the name of the person who paid for it. The CM is correct that you cannot change the name on the reservation because Disney does not allow it due to past problems.

Last edited:
1) As mentioned, no problem.
. . . have the person give YOUR name
. . . she should have the ressie number handy, just in case
. . . in fact, have the ressie number on an index card she has in her hand
. . . the CM (aka, SEATER) at the podium will think she is you, and simply well prepared
2) They do not ask for ID's.

This is a big relief! I didn't know if the rules were different since it is a highly popular prepaid ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter