• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did I just waste $100.00???? UGH!!!!

Ready2GoBack

Earning My Ears
Was reading the Boards and have decided to have DD senior pictures taken while on vacation at Disney. I purchased the CD online for $99.95. Just called to book the photo session and the CM said that the CD is for park photos, not the resort sessions. Tell me this isn't true!:sick::sick:

Hi there!
This is the information I found on stitchkingdom and themouseforless also states the same thing. So unfortunatley you may have, but to make a positive out of a negative you can get some awesome family shots that could last quite a long time on the park photopass CD you bought(sorry Im a glass half full kinda girl!)
"Disney Resorts Private Photo Shoot - You can arrange for private 30 minute photo sessions with a Disney's PhotoPass photographer at the Grand Floridian, Beach Club, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge. The session includes around 40 photos (limited only by time) taken around the picturesque resorts and their beaches. Please note that as of September 1, 2008, Portrait sessions at the resorts are a separate entity from the Disney's PhotoPass system in the theme parks. While both Parks and Portraits use the same system for their photos, they are separate products. There is also a new pricing structure in place, which is as follows:

Disney's PhotoPass Portrait Session Photo Package - For a price of $49.95, you will get your choice of one of the following packages: (A) 8x10 (2), 5x7 (3); (B) 5x7 (2), 4x6 (4 sets of 2); (C) 5x7 (7). You will be able to choose the pose for each print, so you can have up to five different poses for Package A, up to 6 different poses for Package B and up to 7 different poses for Package C

Disney's PhotoPass Portrait Session PhotoCD - For a price of $99.95, you will get your choice of photo package as explained above plus all of the photos on a PhotoCD"

Thanks! Not the news that I wanted though! Maybe there should be a new sticky thread regarding the photopass. Too much outdated info. Hopefully someone can start a new thread with current information so that someone else doesn't make the same mistake.

Is there anyway to cancel the first photopass CD I purchased since it hasn't been used?

Again, I appreciate your answer.

No problem, have you tried calling to cancel the CD? Maybe you can get your money back. I hope someone who has more info can come along I googled and both the websites were to date, but someone may have advice on how to get your money back! Maybe if you post this on the Theme Parks Board they may be able to answer how to cancel a theme park photo pass CD?

yes if you have prepurchaed the cd you can get a refund if you decide you don't want it. I would reccomend waiting until after your trip. You may get some great pictures at the parks and I would hate to see you pay full price if you decided you wanted the cd after all.

Pixie - Great idea, I will check the Theme park boards.

Nettekay - I think I will wait to cancel, but I will double check to make sure it can be cancelled.

Thanks for all the support and rose colored glasses, I needed it tonight!:thumbsup2

Was reading the Boards and have decided to have DD senior pictures taken while on vacation at Disney. I purchased the CD online for $99.95. Just called to book the photo session and the CM said that the CD is for park photos, not the resort sessions. Tell me this isn't true!:sick::sick:

Have DD take individual photos at the various parks. Had an opportunity in
'08 to spend the day "away from the family" at EPCOT and had a photographer take photos of "just ME" in various countries. Had a ball playing "model" for the day ... and loved the pictures! :tink:

I had bought a photopass online prior to a trip once too. It was too hot while we were in Disney and no one wanted to pose for pictures. When I got back I checked the site for where I bought the photopass and sent an e-mail saying that I wasn't going to use it.

A day or two later I got an e-mail back saying that they had credited my credit card for the full amount.

If I were you, I would keep the confirmation number and after returning from Disney, if you don't have enough photos that you can use it, cancel it. You can still order any single pictures through the photo pass site. They are very good about refunds.

we pre-purchased our CD in October last year. We were staying at Kidani Village and one night, during our visit, we walked up to Jambo House for dinner where we had several family pictures taken (probably at least 30). These were all added on to our Photopass and were included with our photos and on our CD when we received it. We were able to add borders to them and everything you can do with all the other park pictures.

I appreciate this is not quite what you thought you could be getting since I presume you had planned on the Poly or GF photoshoot but they were great pictures :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the ideas! When I talked to DH about my error, he said we might as well have some pictures taken in the parks since we never have any family pictures taken. He is a good sport! Will have DD take some alone too in the parks, you never know.

I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. :3dglasses

If you are just doing a resort photo session for your daughter I would like to suggest Randy Chapman.

http://www.chapmanphotography.com/

He took our Disney wedding pictures and has also done family portraits for us at the resorts.

LD011712-21-04.jpg

LD006112-21-04.jpg

He has a wonderful personality, is great to work with, and his pictures are breath taking.

When you book Disney for the resort session you are taking your chances on getting someone who has very limited photography skills. you may get a great photographer but you may get someone who leaves your face in the shadows and doesn't focus.

we pre-purchased our CD in October last year. We were staying at Kidani Village and one night, during our visit, we walked up to Jambo House for dinner where we had several family pictures taken (probably at least 30). These were all added on to our Photopass and were included with our photos and on our CD when we received it. We were able to add borders to them and everything you can do with all the other park pictures.

I appreciate this is not quite what you thought you could be getting since I presume you had planned on the Poly or GF photoshoot but they were great pictures :thumbsup2

We have also had pics taken at WL, YC, BC and the Poly from a stationed PhotoPass photog that we put on our parks CD.

I just booked our portrait session at WL and they said that the resort, dining, and parks photopasses are separate entities.

When you book Disney for the resort session you are taking your chances on getting someone who has very limited photography skills. you may get a great photographer but you may get someone who leaves your face in the shadows and doesn't focus.

THANK YOU! As a professional photographer, I highly recommend that you do not leave your daughter's senior pictures in the the hands of a photopass photographer (unless i get a job there, then you can trust me. lol) they are not professionals and sometimes i find myself cringing at the family photos they produce. I would hate for you to get your photos back and be disappointed.

don't get me wrong, for the price...i guess they are perfect..but i don't think that they meet the standard of quality that i've come to expect from Disney services.

At least you can make the best out of what you already purchased and get some great park photos. :)

DD agreed that she would like to have her photos taken while at Disney, she knows that they are not professionals. She is not set on having the castle in the background, she just wants settings different from her classmates.

If the photos don't pan out, we have plenty of time to set up a professional photography session back home. Not worried about the $$ out of pocket spent on the photo session at Disney.

Would love for the pictures to turn out great, but we already have a professional backup plan in place.

Two more weeks!!!!!:banana:

Just an FYI, we had a family portrait session in the Magic Kingdom in early December '07. It was done through Disney's professional photo services. The sitting and proof booklet was like $275 & lasted an hour. The portraits are expensive to buy. I bought all the ones I liked in 8x10 sizes because they can be copied/scanned into smaller sizes without losing the quality of the picture. They are stored in a beautiful Italian leather archive-quality album I got off eBay. I also bought my favorites in larger sizes for framing which was a substantial cost. Altogether I would say we spent a touch over $1,000. We hadn't had portraits done in so many years & were going to do it anyway. We would've spent that much at home so we felt we got everything we wanted all the way around.

My son had graduation pictures taken last year at the Beach Club. They came out great. Of course there were bad ones in the lot, but most of them came out really well. We were able to add Disney borders if we wanted to, which of course we did. It was a nice experience for my son and he was able to get the Disney Grad pictures he wanted.

Thank you for all of the advice. We are excited to be leaving today on our journey towards the World. We are having pictures taken at the Polynesian and at the Beach Club. If the pictures turn out great, then BONUS! If not, we have a lot of professional photographers here at home.

WE'RE TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter