did I just mess up?

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
I had a woods view bunk bed room at the wilderness lodge but I upgraded to club level - now the bunk bed is a preference rather than a guarantee.

I have 2 kids that really want / need a bunk bed (separate sleeping arrangements)- should I just forgo the club level and go back to the bunk bed category or do you think that my request would be granted because it is club level.

I have looked online and the woods view bunk bed rooms are sold out for my current dates.

I had a woods view bunk bed room at the wilderness lodge but I upgraded to club level - now the bunk bed is a preference rather than a guarantee.

I have 2 kids that really want / need a bunk bed (separate sleeping arrangements)- should I just forgo the club level and go back to the bunk bed category or do you think that my request would be granted because it is club level.

I have looked online and the woods view bunk bed rooms are sold out for my current dates.

WL CL is amazing!!! :love:

No way that you made a mistake. Just contact IPO and make a request for the bunk beds. They will make every effort to get you your requests. (Though they won't guarantee it) We had no issue in getting the bunk beds on CL and our girls LOVED them! :thumbsup2

IMHO, if I was able to book CL at WL I would be all over it! And if I didn't get the bunkbed request met, my response would be "suck it up buttercups! We're staying CL at WL!":thumbsup2

Maybe you can call the CMs who take care of concierge guests (I can't remember their title) and make the request. ETA: IPO ... that's what I was thinking of!

I'm in the same boat, the almost 16-yr old will NOT share a bed with his little brother. I booked WL CL & requested bunks (IPO told me they don't have anything to do with room assignments, to contact the reservations line & have it noted on my ressie, which I did). I really wanted the Deluxe Room at WL CL but the cost was double, so that's a no go.

I also told them what dansdad said - if we don't get it, decide who is sleeping on the floor!

It depends just how important getting bunk beds is to you and if you would regret changing if you ended up not getting bunk beds in a CL room. WL CL is amazing and I, personally, would choose that over a bedding preference. But with that said, if bunk beds are a necessity for your kids to have separate beds, I would try to switch back. We had a bunk bed room when our DSs were younger and they loved them. The bunk beds are great for kids, but CL is also great. I would choose by which is the most important. Good luck.

I'm in the same boat, the almost 16-yr old will NOT share a bed with his little brother. I booked WL CL & requested bunks (IPO told me they don't have anything to do with room assignments, to contact the reservations line & have it noted on my ressie, which I did). I really wanted the Deluxe Room at WL CL but the cost was double, so that's a no go.

I also told them what dansdad said - if we don't get it, decide who is sleeping on the floor!

This is interesting. I have been in contact with WL IPO via email and when I asked they said to give them my request. Am I messing up leaving it in their hands? Should I contact someone else or could something have changed and IPO does take them now?

I am going with the idea that staying CL trumps room requests but if I can put one in and have a chance it's honored I want to do what I can to give the best chance it happens

Candace - did you speak directly with IPO about the bunk bed request? Hmmm...now I'm wondering...I might email or call IPO again & see what they tell me this time. I think my email went to Poly IPO - seriously I think that's how it was signed, but I didn't pay much attention. But then again, when we stayed CL at BC it was the IPO at YC that answered our calls. So maybe that's the norm to have resorts share IPO CMs. Maybe I got a new one, or they misunderstood my question.

The CL is really for me - but I really need the bunk beds so I guess to guarantee that I need to change it back.

CRUD!

didn't you say the woods view bunk bed rooms were sold out? Now what will you do?

Candace - did you speak directly with IPO about the bunk bed request? Hmmm...now I'm wondering...I might email or call IPO again & see what they tell me this time. I think my email went to Poly IPO - seriously I think that's how it was signed, but I didn't pay much attention. But then again, when we stayed CL at BC it was the IPO at YC that answered our calls. So maybe that's the norm to have resorts share IPO CMs. Maybe I got a new one, or they misunderstood my question.

As I understand it you are right. Poly IPO services WL.

Well the reservation that I changed last night should go back in - if it doesn't then I guess I will upgrade to courtyard view - that is still available

Hi mmouse. I'm not sure where you are in the switching process, but I just wanted to add that, as much as our boys LOVE the bunk beds at WL, they would choose CL over bunk beds any day. They certainly would love their own beds, but not as much as staying CL. We've never requested a rollaway at WL, but is that an option?

After emailing back and forward with the Wilderness Lodge IPO I have decided to keep the CL reservation and hope that they can come through with the bunk beds - I have never made any requests for any room that I have stayed in before so I have no experience on the odds of requests being granted or not. So I am leaving it in their hands and try not to think about it for the next 6 months. If I don't get bunk beds I can always go buy a cheap blow up mattress.

If you don't get the bunks and they won't sleep in the same bed. Have one sleep on floor one night and the other the next night and so on....We took my DNiece once and she and DS did this. Now I am gonna tell you we have done CL a couple times at WL, once at BW and and once at YC. I am not a huge fan. The only time I really appreciated it is in the morning. Otherwise we are not at the resorts enough to take full advantage of what they offer. JMO! I am sure a lot of people will tell you they love it but..........Whatever you decide. Hope you have a great time!:goodvibes

I would think there would be fewer ressies for CL and that you would be more likely to get the bunk beds. We booked WL CL with bunk beds woods view and were surprised to be upgraded to WL CL Pool view...with bunk beds!! Wishing you much pixiedust:

I emailed IPO last week with my request Bunk Bed CL at WL and they emailed me back stating "...they noted my room request on my reservation. Please note that while we strie to meet all room requests we cannot guarantee them."

the reply is the standard reply they give. I think at CL youll prob fare better at getting your request. And You can call about 3 days before you arrive as a gentle reminder.
Regardless, CL is a good deal if you actually get to use the Xtras provided...we did CL at POLY and loved it...the breakfast options, the drinks at night, the view in the club, the snacks during the day...we really took advantage of it as we booked the july 4th week and MK was mobbed so the resort for the day/s was a really nice option.

Hope you get your request and have a great time too. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter