Did I just end up with a dummy?? -- CM Friends/Family Discount Question

nfrank

Mouseketeer
So a friend who is a CM made me a reservation for July at a specific discount rate. I then called myself later on to see about adding dining, which I was able to do as well. I have since decided that I no longer want the dining plan (reasons being: too much food, to much time in restaurants, and liking the flexibility of OOP). When I called in to cancel the dining plan, the CM basically told me that they cannot take the dining plan off without switching me to a different room discount rate (which is apparently not as good as the rate I'm currently on), and that I should have the cast member call to take the dining plan off so that they can do so without switching the rates. :confused3:confused3:confused3

The CM is not the one who added the dining plan in the first place.... I was. And the room only rate they got me never changed. It was the same before and after I added dining. So why won't they let me take the dining off without changing my room rate? I'm confused.... Did I just get a random CM who might be incorrect or is this completely right? He did seem a little flustered and put me on hold twice.... I don't know. Any brilliance any of you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

The reason is that you are not a castmember and did not make the reservation therefore are no entitled to make changes. I am pretty sure that only castmembers can alter or change a ressie. You added the dining plan and maybe you got a inexperienced castmamber or maybe they just did'nt care because you were giving them more money but taking money away is not acceptable I guess. Good Luck! :)

Just ask the CM to make the change for you. And make sure the CM knows what they have to do before you arrive concerning this discounted room.

So a friend who is a CM made me a reservation for July at a specific discount rate. I then called myself later on to see about adding dining, which I was able to do as well. I have since decided that I no longer want the dining plan (reasons being: too much food, to much time in restaurants, and liking the flexibility of OOP). When I called in to cancel the dining plan, the CM basically told me that they cannot take the dining plan off without switching me to a different room discount rate (which is apparently not as good as the rate I'm currently on), and that I should have the cast member call to take the dining plan off so that they can do so without switching the rates. :confused3:confused3:confused3

The CM is not the one who added the dining plan in the first place.... I was. And the room only rate they got me never changed. It was the same before and after I added dining. So why won't they let me take the dining off without changing my room rate? I'm confused.... Did I just get a random CM who might be incorrect or is this completely right? He did seem a little flustered and put me on hold twice.... I don't know. Any brilliance any of you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

the CM is correct, once you add the dining the rate for the room dropped another 10%, you might not have notice because you thought it was just part of the cost of the dining. My daughter is currently working down there, before we had the dining she was getting us a 50% discount as she was staying with us, without her in the room the rate is 40%, when we decided to add the dining the room went to 60% off or 50% if she had not been in the room. and there seems to be some confusion as to wether you should have been able to add the dining yourself or not, I have heard people who said the did( like yourself) and people who have been told they must get the CM to change the reservation, so I am guessing this is why the current CM was telling you that the other CM who originally made the reservation for you must now change it. hope everything works out for you. we actually went with the DDP because of the fact that it lowered the room more so we felt we were getting an even better deal, we actually went with the QSDP, with my daughter staying in the room we are getting 60% off the room and the dining fro $20 a person can't ask for a better deal.

As others have mentioned, you do get the additional 10% off the room when adding a dining plan to a CM discounted room. I'd definitely check the price difference between room only CM discount (40%) and room plus dining discount. It is very likely worth it to keep the dining or switch to quick serve dining for the difference. It usually is a good deal even if you don't use all the entitlements.

Don't really like your title, but let me clarify...

CM must book an OGB (other guest bedroom), afterward the guest can make changes, payments, etc. The CM was incorrect. You still can get the same percentage discount if it is still available. CM booking are made as a room only and can be modified without a cancel/rebook.

PM me your current offer code and I will send you the corresponding RO code.

CM must book an OGB (other guest bedroom), afterward the guest can make changes, payments, etc. The CM was incorrect. You still can get the same percentage discount if it is still available. CM booking are made as a room only and can be modified without a cancel/rebook.

I couldn't even change the room to a handicap room last summer without the CM making the changes, and it was just a friends/family discounted room. It was hard to get a hold of my friend because it was 4th of July week, and we were coming down the following weekend. I just had to ask for the changes at check-in and they were able to make the arrangements.

It's best to have the CM make the changes to the room.

That sounds like a case where you could not verify the address, etc on the reservation. Maybe the CM had her info with you as the primary. Anyone who can verify the info can make a change.

Sorry if it came across as mean/offensive.... it was meant purely in jest, I promise! :) The CM seemed nice enough, honestly.

Excuse my stupidity.... but by "offer code" do you mean the blurb listed right under the resort name under my reservation?

Thanks! pixiedust:

So yeah.... It just dawned upon me when I woke up this morning.... When I called last time, I didn't call the cast reservations line. I called the general reservations line! No wonder the CM was confused and had to put me on hold twice! I was the one who made the screw up! :rotfl2: I called the cast reservations line this morning and they took care of it in no time! I feel so silly now..... Poor CM; having to deal with me.... :sad1: Things are good to go now though......

TRIP IS IN 5 DAYS! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter